TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Review Thread

These clubs are going to be available this week. Are any THP'ers pondering the MBs at all?

I'll say this about these clubs, if you've got the swing and the ball striking for a blade iron I think you'd really be doing yourself a major disservice if you did not add these to your list of irons to demo if/when you're in the market for a new set. If you're a solid ball striker and even if you've never gamed a blade iron before you should still try these because I think you would be surprised at just how playable these clubs are. What I keep coming back to on these is that they feel and remind me a lot of the Mizuno MP-57 irons in terms of playability only they definitely feel better when you hit them on the button.

These irons are definitely for a serious player who really strikes the golf ball solidly, if that's you then you really should get out and try these.

I thought you were seeing great results out of the 8-PW buddy?

Did I mention how much I love these clubs. Nothing feels better than standing over the ball with a butter knife 4 iron and knowing you are gonna nut it. The sound is just lovely.

What are your thoughts on your ball flight with these vs the TW Blades that you played before Jrod? I know what I've observed, but I'm interested to hear what you think.

What are your thoughts on your ball flight with these vs the TW Blades that you played before Jrod? I know what I've observed, but I'm interested to hear what you think.

Much more penetrating ball flight. As I have said many times I hit the ball ALOT straighter, which is great to me. Esepcially in the lower irons, which i actually find the TM MB's are easier to hit than my VR Split Cavities. I am looking forward to some decent weather. If I hit these as well as I have in the crap we have played when its nice out, I should be looking forward to some low scores.

Yes, you are definitely hitting the much straighter than your old irons. I'm always amazed at how high you hit these, but how it's more of a steady climb and quick drop than the ball just getting way up in the air quickly.

Yes, you are definitely hitting the much straighter than your old irons. I'm always amazed at how high you hit these, but how it's more of a steady climb and quick drop than the ball just getting way up in the air quickly.

Agreed, it's amazing I can hit a 4i 210 yards with the ball flight of a 6i, I may not hold a pebble beach us open green but I have no problem with anything we play on.

I'm trying not to hate you right now, but it's hard. Looking forward to seeing some more shots with these guys. It's definitely a sight to see.

I'm trying not to hate you right now, but it's hard. Looking forward to seeing some more shots with these guys. It's definitely a sight to see.

I was lucky enough to have a father who introduced me to this great game early in life....Keep making the strides you are and you'll be beating me soon enough. If I only had your short game.

I was lucky enough to have a father who introduced me to this great game early in life....Keep making the strides you are and you'll be beating me soon enough. If I only had your short game.

Hey now, you best be working on that short game, Oh wait! you'll be going after biggsy, you're fine. Just hit it past him and watch him crumble.

Back on topic, I honestly believe these are so easy to hit because of the amazing balance within the club itself. They are not forgiving, however they do make it as easy as possible to put a good swing on the ball.

Back on topic, I honestly believe these are so easy to hit because of the amazing balance within the club itself. They are not forgiving, however they do make it as easy as possible to put a good swing on the ball.

I would agree. I tried to hit your TW blades and was nasty, but I was able to get some nice shots from these. Not sure why, but it's the truth. The lack of forgiveness would kill me in the long run, but they were really fun to hit.

There will be a set (mine) at the THP demo day so everyone will be able to hit them and see for yourself how smooth these feel. Hopefully it's warmer than 46 degrees because that kinda hurts with these if you catch them just a little off.

These sound terrific. Giving me confidence to go back to the blade style I played for so long.

Thats an excellent way to describe them Jean. As I said, make no mistake...these are not forgiving. They are however as easy as any iron I have ever played to put a good swing on the ball. The balance between grip, shaft, and head is perfection. I have total confidence every time I step over the ball with these.

These clubs are going to be available this week. Are any THP'ers pondering the MBs at all?

I'll say this about these clubs, if you've got the swing and the ball striking for a blade iron I think you'd really be doing yourself a major disservice if you did not add these to your list of irons to demo if/when you're in the market for a new set. If you're a solid ball striker and even if you've never gamed a blade iron before you should still try these because I think you would be surprised at just how playable these clubs are. What I keep coming back to on these is that they feel and remind me a lot of the Mizuno MP-57 irons in terms of playability only they definitely feel better when you hit them on the button.

These irons are definitely for a serious player who really strikes the golf ball solidly, if that's you then you really should get out and try these.

That would be a big no there good buddy. Blades = not for me..... yet. :D

I love the look of them, but at the moment I need a bigger club head and more forgiveness. Maybe in a few years, but right now, I'll be sticking to my GI irons!

You guys are doing an excellent job. I actually do want to take a few swings with these at the Outing just to see if I can put an ol' buttery swing on them!

I actually do want to take a few swings with these at the Outing just to see if I can put an ol' buttery swing on them!
You better hope you don't groove one and feel that feeling of a perfectly struck shot with these....all it takes is once and you're hooked!

You better hope you don't groove one and feel that feeling of a perfectly struck shot with these....all it takes is once and you're hooked!

With my luck, I'll hit the first one so perfectly that I'll fall in love with them and then have it all come crashing down around me as I toe the next one and wreck my hands for the rest of the weekend! :D

You know dude, I don't care about the flack Ill get but yeah. Ego is never a thing for me anymore, I may be stuck on turf right now but the reviews you guys are doing are giving me some good insights. DO I think these are forgiving... absolutely not. But there are times where sometimes irons just work better. Ill probably end up hitting these and putting them back on the shelf because I hit 5/7 shots 25 yards but Ill never know until I pick these up.

That would be a big no there good buddy. Blades = not for me..... yet. :D

I love the look of them, but at the moment I need a bigger club head and more forgiveness. Maybe in a few years, but right now, I'll be sticking to my GI irons!

You guys are doing an excellent job. I actually do want to take a few swings with these at the Outing just to see if I can put an ol' buttery swing on them!

+2. MB's are just not for me as I don't have a consistent enough swing. But the great reviews you guys are doing make me want to hit these. Great job guys

These babies are available retail today! I think everyone should go out and hit them and come back and tell us all what you think!

As Jake said anyone get out and try these yet? An amazing club that should be given a shot...it would be money well spent. I know they aren't for alot of people but don't cheat yourself!

I'll be taking them out again in about 2 hours for a round with Hawk.

As Jake said anyone get out and try these yet? An amazing club that should be given a shot...it would be money well spent. I know they aren't for alot of people but don't cheat yourself!

I'll be taking them out again in about 2 hours for a round with Hawk.

Hi
I have tried these a few times. If you are a hit the ball well and love a cotton ball feedback, these may be for you. I was not the longest or most consistent with these, they are dynamite though. Very compact design design that screams player. I think u could grow into these for sure, it just depends how lonu want to take.

Hi
I have tried these a few times. If you are a hit the ball well and love a cotton ball feedback, these may be for you. I was not the longest or most consistent with these, they are dynamite though. Very compact design design that screams player. I think u could grow into these for sure, it just depends how lonu want to take.
Good points, they won't be the longest iron out there, but then again they're not really trying to be either. They are as consistent as the person swinging them however and if someone has a decent repeatable swing these irons are definitely a very solid choice. As far as what you said about growing into these irons, I believe that a player could grow into them without it taking a really long time actually. Sure you won't be hitting the 3 iron 240 yards, but knowing that going in should help make the transition easier (and quicker).

Back