TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Sorry 10yard, I laughed at that. Just because JB isn't in the thread, isn't a bad thing. JB loves his Mashie. He stays in the Mashie thread. All of us testers will probably need to keep the dialogue moving amongst ourselves. There will be outsiders who will pop in every once in a while. We just need to keep hitting our Rescues and continue to do so critically.

Very true. This is our responsibility so we must continue. I've already got another two hours of sim time booked for first thing Saturday morning again. AG and I will more than likely play a round this time around. I can't wait to get there and swing the Rescue again!

Sorry 10yard, I laughed at that. Just because JB isn't in the thread, isn't a bad thing. JB loves his Mashie. He stays in the Mashie thread. All of us testers will probably need to keep the dialogue moving amongst ourselves. There will be outsiders who will pop in every once in a while. We just need to keep hitting our Rescues and continue to do so critically.

Fine job you folks are doing! This forum was a major influence in me
Going to test the rescue over my old Raylor. I am more than happy.
Keep up the great work.

Challenge to all fellow testers.

Tomorrow afternoon at the range for another session. I will be working on distance control and shot shapes. Draws, fades, and knockdowns.

I challenge all fellow testers to do the same.

I have a question for the other testers about their Rescues. It's something a high handicap friend of mine just brought up while we were talking about this club. He feels it's more like a wood than a hybrid to him and he feels it makes him top the ball more than his other hybrids. I haven't noticed this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has?

Tomorrow afternoon at the range for another session. I will be working on distance control and shot shapes. Draws, fades, and knockdowns.

My game isn't at a point yet where I feel compfortable trying drawing or fading, but I was going to try some knockdown punch shots. I find myself in the trees fairly often when I play, so it is something I want to master.

I have a question for the other testers about their Rescues. It's something a high handicap friend of mine just brought up while we were talking about this club. He feels it's more like a wood than a hybrid to him and he feels it makes him top the ball more than his other hybrids. I haven't noticed this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has?

Reviewing my stats from the weekend. Topping the ball is one of my misses. When the ball was teed, I did not top the ball at all, but I did 3 times out of 12 when on the deck. These were all terrible swings near the end of my time so I blame fatigue for the last few bad swings.

I'll make sure I keep track of when this happens for me in the future.

I havent noticed this, my miss with the Rescue11 has been hitting it fat.

Sounds like a swing issue. The white may be throwing him off. He may be picking his head up to watch the pretty white head move. But too me it sounds more like a swing issue.

But I maintain that this club is not what I would recommend for a high handicapper. These are pretty strong lofts that somebody with a high handicap swing may have trouble getting up in the air.

kinda hard to when its gonna be raining the next 3 days lol, darn weather

glad it made you laugh, just figured he would pop in and say how we were doing thats all

glad it made you laugh, just figured he would pop in and say how we were doing thats all

I wasn't trying to be mean brother. We are doing fine, trust me. If we weren't, we would know it.

Sounds like a swing issue. The white may be throwing him off. He may be picking his head up to watch the pretty white head move. But too me it sounds more like a swing issue.

But I maintain that this club is not what I would recommend for a high handicapper. These are pretty strong lofts that somebody with a high handicap swing may have trouble getting up in the air.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I'm a high 'capper and haven't had too much issue getting the ball in the air.

You guys are bringing it......trust me. And just wait, you'll start having new folks show up, hitting up this thread and telling you how your reviews convinced them to purchase this hybrid. Best feeling in the world. You guys have a tough product to review, not b/c of what it is, but b/c of what it's not (The Mashie).

You're doing awesome though.

One question: it was brought up that the R11 driver face was starting to show some wear, how about on this hybrid? Also, has anyone taken any rips out of a fwy bunker yet? I'd be curious to see how the finish holds up after that.

I wasn't trying to be mean brother. We are doing fine, trust me. If we weren't, we would know it.

i know you werent, just after reading most of that thread it kinda made me worried. I guess him not popping in and saying we werent doing good is a good thing lol. Anyhow im ready to get back out there and do some testing as soon as this weather gets better.

You guys are bringing it......trust me. And just wait, you'll start having new folks show up, hitting up this thread and telling you how your reviews convinced them to purchase this hybrid. Best feeling in the world. You guys have a tough product to review, not b/c of what it is, but b/c of what it's not (The Mashie).

One question: it was brought up that the R11 driver face was starting to show some wear, how about on this hybrid? Also, has anyone taken any rips out of a fwy bunker yet? I'd be curious to see how the finish holds up after that.

My R11 and Rescu11 face is holding up great, yes i did hit some fairway bunker shots and even after that the paint is holding up perfectly so far, thank god there wasnt any burried rocks or anything but the sand itself did no damage that i can see. It also got through the sand great

TC stole my thunder a bit but after getting some hands on with these this weekend I was wondering if anyone had noticed any paint wear along the top of face where it meets the crown? I was thinking that a shot from some fluffy rough where the ball is sitting up and the club would slide underneath contacting high on the face.

The club does feel great through the turf, just slick feeling.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

My R11 and Rescu11 face is holding up great, yes i did hit some fairway bunker shots and even after that the paint is holding up perfectly so far, thank god there wasnt any burried rocks or anything but the sand itself did no damage that i can see. It also got through the sand great

that's what would worry me the most, the little pebbles and gravely sand. I know that it's hell on the burner 2.0 finish.

TC stole my thunder a bit but after getting some hands on with these this weekend I was wondering if anyone had noticed any paint wear along the top of face where it meets the crown? I was thinking that a shot from some fluffy rough where the ball is sitting up and the club would slide underneath contacting high on the face.

The club does feel great through the turf, just slick feeling.

check some pages back, i tested the paint by teeing up a couple and skying them on purpose, no skymarks but did chip where the face and crown meet, nothing bad though, no more than any other club.

Alright guys im back from my first range session (long one lol) and i dont think i could be happier with this hybrid. I hit a totall of 4 large buckets which is allot of balls for this early in the year lol, only played 1 full round thus far but have been to the chipping/putting green allot. First bucket i just warmed up starting with the PW and moving on up ect...Now for the results.

Feel- I hit my 09 Rescue TP 10times then moved on to the Rescue11, there is no doubt in my mind that the Rescue 11 feels better than the 09, i didnt think it was possible cause i loved the feel of the 09TP. The face is pretty hot as well, its a solid feel kinda like the R11 Driver. The ball really feels like it explodes off the face. TM got the weighting of this club PERFECT, paired with the RIP 85 its very accurate and so smooth.:banana:

Sound- Love It, not as loud and tinny sounding as the 09 RescueTP, the Rescue11 has a deeper and more solid sound, its kinda hard to explain but it sounds great.

Distance- Pretty Damn Good, i wasnt swinging really hard today(about 80-85%) and i was seeing around 205-210 with the 4 21*hybrid. I bet i could get 220-225 out of this club on course swinging normal and with my good balls. There were a couple times i went after one and the first one i hooked way left and almost hit a car:banghead:(range runs right along the road for some reason), the second one i went after was perfect and cleared the fence at the back of the range so i couldnt see where it landed to get a good idea on distance but my guess would be around 220+.

Workability- This is very easy to work the ball with. Draw or Fade its a breeze with the Rescue11. Here is where it really shined for me, i had trouble controlling the trajectory with the 09 Rescue TP, i could but it was very hard for some reason, with the Rescue 11 it was much easier, i could hit that high soft landing ball and could also hit that low stinger/punch shot, very pleased with it.

Durability- Ok folks i beat the dog crap out of this today, at one point i couldnt even see the sole it was so muddy, allot of rain yesterday and the range was really soft. After 4 buckets this still looks new, ill just let the pics speak for themselves. I also wanted to test the paint where the crown meets the face as every TM wood/hybrid i have had if you catch one high will chip. Its not a big deal cause you cant see it at address, only when your looking up close cause about 1mm or 2mm of the white paint goes down onto the face. If you have one you will know what im talking about. I tee'd 2 balls up and talked my self into doing this for everybody on THP cause i had a really hard time trying to sky one on purpose. 2 balls skyed and the only thing that happened was a couple chips where the crown and face meet:clapp: Cant even tell a ball hit the white paint on the crown, i was very surprised. Its durable alright

Performance- This thing performed great, i was hitting shots off the toe and heel to compare distance with good shots and was surprised i didnt see more of a loss, lost about 5-7 yards on toe and heel shots, thats not bad IMO. Turf interaction was great, it really cuts through the grass and ground. There were a couple times i took a divot the size of my PW's normal divot and i didnt even know it until i saw it flying through the air lol. Like a knife through hot butter.

Final Thoughts- Im very thankfull to be testing this out, so far its a big improvement over my 09 Rescue TP and i didnt think that was possible. I cant wait to get out on course and play some rounds and see how the ball holds the green. Thanks again THP and Taylormade im looking forward to the long term testing. On to the Pics. The one of my R11 driver face just wanted to show where i was hitting them lol, not to shabby for the beggining of the year.

1stRangeSoleClean.jpg
[/IMG]
1stRangeSoleDirty.jpg
[/IMG]
1stRangeFace.jpg
[/IMG]
1stRangeFaceChips.jpg
[/IMG]
3 out of 4 not to bad lol
R11FacePic.jpg
[/IMG]

Here ya go, you can see the chips in the pics i took.

Wow, 10 yard, talk about taking one for the team.... nicely done. Great reviews by everyone so far.

Wow, 10 yard, talk about taking one for the team.... nicely done. Great reviews by everyone so far.

Thanks G4L, i figured the paint needed a good test and what better way than skying one. So far its been very durable.

Outstanding, thank you for the quick response.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, I'm a high 'capper and haven't had too much issue getting the ball in the air.

Good to hear. Maybe I'm way off with it. When I say high handicap, I should say people who fight swing inconsistencies. I was fighting the toe pokes when I first tried the club. I noticed big drop offs when the ball wasn't close to center on contact. Not like a big boxy max forgiveness hybrids.

Thanks TC. I hit over 30 balls with mine in the sim on Saturday and the face on mine still looks brand new. Even where I blew a couple off the toe. Face and crown are still in perfect shape. On the course will probably be another situation though and I will report on that when I finally am able to get out there.

Thanks TC. I hit over 30 balls with mine in the sim on Saturday and the face on mine still looks brand new. Even where I blew a couple off the toe. Face and crown are still in perfect shape. On the course will probably be another situation though and I will report on that when I finally am able to get out there.

Ya the paint is either very durable(which i think it is) or very good at hiding marks, not sure which one but i like it.

Great job testers you guys are really doing a great job with the reviews. You have me very interested in this hybrid in the near future. 10yard draw those are some great pics man thanks for that.

Back