Northwest Golf Get together at Chambers Bay and The Home Course

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
I know a bunch of the THPers from other areas get together and play. I was wondering if any of the northwesterners would be interested in a golf outing?
The weather is starting to turn and although a lot of the courses are still wet, I thought it would be a fun thing to put out there and see what kind of response we get. Depending on who is interested will probably determine the when and where. Just sound off if you are interested.

If I am available, I would attend. :)

If I'm available, I'll attend. I haven't swung a club in months, but I would imagine that's just like the rest of you in the Great PNW.

Sounds good to me!

Just wanted to bump this for the late risers :)

Although I'm in California, I usually visit a buddy in Oregon once a year so depending on when it is, I might be able to make it up.

I'm interested. when and where might be limiting factors but when are they not :D

Have you seen that there is a group started for PNW in the groups?

I know a bunch of the THPers from other areas get together and play. I was wondering if any of the northwesterners would be interested in a golf outing?
The weather is starting to turn and although a lot of the courses are still wet, I thought it would be a fun thing to put out there and see what kind of response we get. Depending on who is interested will probably determine the when and where. Just sound off if you are interested.

Did you really think that you needed to ask me?
I'm all in !! Provided it's not on July 13-17th. I will be in Sunriver Oregon for the 12th annual Brews and Birdies Tour.

Count me in... Let me know where and when...

Thanks c-ault for letting me know that there was a PNW group! If some of you didn't see my earlier post, I think we should get together and play a round or two. I have received responses from Northern California to Vancouver, BC. There are really a couple of ways to go about figuring out where to play. We could go geographically center (which would be somewhere around Olympia) or we could all make suggestions of places we wanted to play and then go with the common denominator. I am good with either. As far as time I was thinking late April/ early May or mid/late June. Please sound off preferably on this thread. Also, what are you guys thinking on price?

Thanks c-ault for letting me know that there was a PNW group! If some of you didn't see my earlier post, I think we should get together and play a round or two. I have received responses from Northern California to Vancouver, BC. There are really a couple of ways to go about figuring out where to play. We could go geographically center (which would be somewhere around Olympia) or we could all make suggestions of places we wanted to play and then go with the common denominator. I am good with either. As far as time I was thinking late April/ early May or mid/late June. Please sound off preferably on this thread. Also, what are you guys thinking on price?

I think I could work something out depending on when and where.

I am pretty open except I am booked the 1st weekend of May. I probably couldn't spend too much maybe about $100 max to play (less is always better :smile:). I would love to play in the Portland area but Olympia would be cool with me too. Seattle area isn't too bad for me either. Then again, like I said I'm pretty open, just throwing out some thoughts.

Schedule willing Id be in...

I think I could work something out depending on when and where.

Funny, I just read that as ROAD TRIP! : p

If we're talking places I would dearly like to play in this area
A: Chambers Bay, I believe is somewhere in the Tacoma region is way up my list but I'm pretty sure it's just as pricey as Bandon
B: Druid's Glen is a place I've been told to go by a number of people. I've been told it's not the hardest course out there but is fun, looks great and is very reasonably priced

However I'm not a local and the only place in the US I've been golfing in Bellingham so locals are going to know better then I.

I'd definitely be in on this. Subscribed.

Funny, I just read that as ROAD TRIP! : p

If we're talking places I would dearly like to play in this area
A: Chambers Bay, I believe is somewhere in the Tacoma region is way up my list but I'm pretty sure it's just as pricey as Bandon
B: Druid's Glen is a place I've been told to go by a number of people. I've been told it's not the hardest course out there but is fun, looks great and is very reasonably priced

However I'm not a local and the only place in the US I've been golfing in Bellingham so locals are going to know better then I.

Road trip indeed, could be a long but fun day.

I think Chambers Bay would be awesome!! I bet we could get a pretty decent deal there as well if enough people are willing to play.

Okay so I have been working on this and have some exciting updates... But I am going to wait until I have a little more info before I share these updates. What I would like you to weigh in on, is when we would like to get together. The main dates I am looking at are April 30, May 7th or May 28th. We can also go for June if that works better for everyone, but golf gets much more expensive in the summer months. I am trying to keep it as cheap as we can, while still being able to play a nicer course. Also, is anyone interested in making a day of it and playing 36 holes (or maybe even a day and a half?) Please sound off! Right now the front running areas are Seattle Area and Portland Area, I was also thinking about Bend, but I think that is just too far for everyone to drive.

Okay so I have been working on this and have some exciting updates... But I am going to wait until I have a little more info before I share these updates. What I would like you to weigh in on, is when we would like to get together. The main dates I am looking at are April 30, May 7th or May 28th. We can also go for June if that works better for everyone, but golf gets much more expensive in the summer months. I am trying to keep it as cheap as we can, while still being able to play a nicer course. Also, is anyone interested in making a day of it and playing 36 holes (or maybe even a day and a half?) Please sound off! Right now the front running areas are Seattle Area and Portland Area, I was also thinking about Bend, but I think that is just too far for everyone to drive.

May 28th is the best time for me. I have a big pike fishing tournament on the weekend of April 30-May 1st.
To be out of town 2 weeks in a row for me, just wouldn't work.
I am in for the 36 holes in a day...(with a cart, due to my knees)

Let's make this happen !

April 30th or May 7th would be great for me. May 28th is Memorial day weekend, and the wife won't have it. Plus that's the weekend I move back to California. Let me know if you need anything from me Dr. Teeth.

April 30th or May 7th would be great for me. May 28th is Memorial day weekend, and the wife won't have it. Plus that's the weekend I move back to California. Let me know if you need anything from me Dr. Teeth.

Wow....I didn't realize that May 28 was Memorial day weekend when I posted last. Hmmm...that won't work for me either.
Well....if it has to be one of those three weekends, then May 7 would be my best bet. That is the only one of the 3 that I could possibly make.
If I can help out in any way Steve, let me know as well.

I didn't realize that the 28th was Memorial Day weekend, let's take that one off as an option. Thanks for lettin me know about that guys.

Back