TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

That sounds like a great deal. I am holding to my Outing Rule Number 1. No purchases before the outing. Thanks, man.

yeah buddy, I have taken the 3 and 4 irons out of the set so if you want me to bring them then let me know.

yeah buddy, I have taken the 3 and 4 irons out of the set so if you want me to bring them then let me know.

I really don't used those irons on my R9's so you don't need to do that. I can get an idea from the 5 and up irons. That is where most of the use will be anyway on my irons. Thanks again for letting me try them out.

I really don't used those irons on my R9's so you don't need to do that. I can get an idea from the 5 and up irons. That is where most of the use will be anyway on my irons. Thanks again for letting me try them out.

Very happy to let you try them

I've tried just chillin on this thread because I'm a Callaway staffer :) but my love for the clubs and those reviewing them is just too great.

I'm trying to catch up but one thing is just sticking in my mind. JB mentioned (punch me if I'm wrong) he has bad wrists and the turf interaction of these clubs has not made it worse. I'm wondering if a iron with this type of turf interaction would help my misses stay on line more than normal.

I enjoy reading the round feedback each person is getting. Makes me feel like I'm there.

Am I crazy but at Golfsmith this weekend the faces of the CB and the 2.0 seem to be the same size.

I've tried just chillin on this thread because I'm a Callaway staffer :) but my love for the clubs and those reviewing them is just too great.

I'm trying to catch up but one thing is just sticking in my mind. JB mentioned (punch me if I'm wrong) he has bad wrists and the turf interaction of these clubs has not made it worse. I'm wondering if a iron with this type of turf interaction would help my misses stay on line more than normal.

I enjoy reading the round feedback each person is getting. Makes me feel like I'm there.

I'm the opposite, as a TaylorMade staffer, I went back and have read every single post in this thread. First of all, every tester is doing a great job there has been a ton of great info and I'm still digesting it all. A question for those of you testing the CB's, would you game the GW? As a lefty that is the only TM wedge option I have at 50*, but wondered if based on what you are seeing with the PW, would you be happy to put the GW in the bag as well?

I'm the opposite, as a TaylorMade staffer, I went back and have read every single post in this thread. First of all, every tester is doing a great job there has been a ton of great info and I'm still digesting it all. A question for those of you testing the CB's, would you game the GW? As a lefty that is the only TM wedge option I have at 50*, but wondered if based on what you are seeing with the PW, would you be happy to put the GW in the bag as well?

Ive always been a big fan of the matching GW. For some reason it always works for me. I loved the X24 GW and I like the Di11 GW too. I say get it.

Am I crazy but at Golfsmith this weekend the faces of the CB and the 2.0 seem to be the same size.

you might be crazy...hehe. I have a 2.0 Burner and its not near the same size.

Ive always been a big fan of the matching GW. For some reason it always works for me. I loved the X24 GW and I like the Di11 GW too. I say get it.

I would agree with Kevin here. Get the matching AW/GW. It keeps you that much more consistant

Am I reading this wrong? I thought I said I enjoyed the feedback and trying to catch up.

I'm not sure that I need the GW, but I'd like to check it out at some point to see how it fit into my bag at the upper end.

I think this is what he was talkin about

Am I reading this wrong? I thought I said I enjoyed the feedback and trying to catch up.

Sorry man what I said came out the wrong way, what I meant was I was reading all the updates and enjoying them but since I was not in the market for new irons, I wasn't in the thread all the time, now in the thread studying hard at what all the reviews are saying. I suppose thats not the opposite, I knew what you were saying, my words just came out the wrong way.

I think this is what he was talkin about

Thanks buddy, I wasn't being very clear. Opposite was meant towards Callaway/TMaG.

Dude it was my bad. All on me brother.

I feel a little bad coming in and drooling over TM gear :)

Sorry man what I said came out the wrong way, what I meant was I was reading all the updates and enjoying them but since I was not in the market for new irons, I wasn't in the thread all the time, now in the thread studying hard at what all the reviews are saying. I suppose thats not the opposite, I knew what you were saying, my words just came out the wrong way.

dont worry fellas, I got you covered!

got a round in with these clubs today, shot an 80, I am leaving work and will have a write up tomorrow.

I got to hit these today at Golftown and I am in love. I can't believe how much forgiveness they packed into a forged iron, and it looks amazing. I only hit the 7 iron and of course it was taped, but the feeling on a well struck shot was just pure as you would expect from a forged offering. I didn't like the DG s300 XP shaft and would have to upgrade to a different shaft but the head felt great, and if these are an option for the MC they will be in my bag, CB's for CB!

Ok, so I have a lot of work to do. However, that did not stop me from going to get fit for the MC's or CB's. CB's won out mainly because I wanted a AW with my set. A 3 iron is somewhat useless to me.
Fitting:
Standard loft and lie, we will see when my seing gets better, may have to adjust the 9-AW down a degree.
Went with Reg flex shafts, I play all my other clubs stiff. These worked for me as I was coming from graphite shafts. Stuck with the true temper R300.

Launch Monitor

These things frustrate the heck out of me. I am not a fan of them. They did let me see my ball flight. I am not going to review this part as the next part is better.

The Range

I am coming from R9's, so here is a comparison point for some of you looking into new clubs. I liked the R9, they were solid. However, these new forgies are where its at.
-Distance: I think that I am getting better distance, ya thats right. I only took out my 4i, 6i, and PW.
4i- I hit a few wankers (6/25) the rest were for lack of better term, orgasmic. Consistantly over 200 yards and straight. Mishits travelled about 170ish or so.
6- this is where I really had to step back and take a breath. My former 6 was hit about 170, on great days. I was "bombing" these that with no problem. I am getting giddy thinking about it.
PW- Solid 110-120 yards. Thats to be expected. However, moving to the next section, ball flight.

Ball Flight

4i- Mostly middle launch out of these, my R9 launched high. Penetrating flight, the ball just took off and for the most part, looks like it wanted to go through a wall. Very nice:act-up:
6- Nice flight, med to a tad high, but then drops.
PW- High then down.

I know I said I would bring up my R9, but if they could even hold a candle to these right now, I would still have them. Someone will be getting very nice R9's.

I absolutly love the feel of these clubs when you hit them well. I cannto describe them, I have never played forged clubs and thought this feel thing was mythical. It is not! The sound is a thick crack that initiates all sorts of warm fuzzies. Mishits emplore you to fix things in your swing right away. Tempo is important here, if your swing tempo is out of control, you will be notified by hosel rockets or toes.

I need to get back to working, so my final thoughts for now. Aske any questions you want.

These are flat out the best clubs that I have hit. I loved the MC's but thought that they may not work out short term. These clubs are players clubs that I will just get better with. I am more than happy with distance, they are long. Feel is as I said orgasmic. I am so happy that I got some great feedback from the forged line up testers, it really helped.
More to come.... When the snow melts!

Great insight Mark! I tried these this past weekend and absolutely loved them. They were smooth and fluid. I am really considering getting these, the only thing standing in my way is the Burner 2.0s. I really like the distance of the 2.0s but I also like the accuracy of the CB's. I know they are two different sets but they both felt so good. Anyone that has hit both of them that may have any comparative suggestions would be well appreciative. You guys have all been doing a great job with your reviews.

Great insight Mark! I tried these this past weekend and absolutely loved them. They were smooth and fluid. I am really considering getting these, the only thing standing in my way is the Burner 2.0s. I really like the distance of the 2.0s but I also like the accuracy of the CB's. I know they are two different sets but they both felt so good. Anyone that has hit both of them that may have any comparative suggestions would be well appreciative. You guys have all been doing a great job with your reviews.

Thanks for the props,
I like how far you can poke the 2.0's. However, the accuracy and feel these clubs GIVE ME, are insane. I may be found hunched over unable to move this weekend somewhere on the range. I cannot take these out of my hands. Hitting them is intoxicating, now addictive. I loved all 3 offerings, but had to go with what I wanted and something that would fit my game more. I am happy happy joy joy. Something remarkable is going to have to come out in order to take these out of the bag.
Go everyone, try em!

Like I said before I enjoyed the feel of the CBs but I love the distance of the 2.0s. I guess I need to talk to my inner self and figure out what is best for me. Hmmmm. Decisions, Decisions...?

Mixed set seems to be the answer. Yeah the lefts don't match up but I saw it played first hand Sunday morning, and it worked very well. You thinking 8-PW in the CB and lower stuff in 2.0?

Like I said before I enjoyed the feel of the CBs but I love the distance of the 2.0s. I guess I need to talk to my inner self and figure out what is best for me. Hmmmm. Decisions, Decisions...?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Mixed set seems to be the answer. Yeah the lefts don't match up but I saw it played first hand Sunday morning, and it worked very well. You thinking 8-PW in the CB and lower stuff in 2.0?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yeh that is what I posted about earlier. I was thinking 4-7 in the 2.0's and 8-PW in the CB's. I just keeping thinking back to how smooth the 8,9, and PW of the CB's felt. They were so lusciously sweet through the turf and the ball just blasted off the club face.

Back