Broke 80 For the First Time on a Par 72

Even more impressive then! Good Job :)

Great round sean, that is honestly a hell of a score and rather surprising seeing as you only hit 3 greens.

Thats awesome buddy!!! Congrats! 12 putts on the back....I envy that!!

yup. 7 fairways, 3 greens and he shot in the 70's with 28 putts. great, great short game man. congrats on the round

Great score! That's leaps and bounds better than my first round of the year.

Way to go Sean, congrats

Great job! Congrats!

Congrats Sean. Did you use the video? :D

putting_cover_3.gif

Congrats buddy! Now you are like a fox in a chicken pen. Once you get a taste of that chicken, you got to have some more :D

I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

Congrats Sean!! Hopefully it will happen for you again very soon!

Congrats! 80 is a big milestone!

Congrats Sean! 12 puts on the back? :thumb:

Sean, where did you play? I'm trying to figure out which courses around here are open right now. Also, can I steal your short game for the Morgan Cup? I'd love to have 28 putts one day!
LOL. I played at South Shore Country Club in Hingham, Ary.

Congratulations that is a big accomplishment. :egyptian:

I broke 80 today for the first time on a par 72 course. The temperature was in the low 40s and the wind chill was around 30 (at least according to the weatherman). It was also overcast. I walked rather briskly.

I shot a 79 with a 40 on the front and a 39 on the back. I hit seven fairways, three greens, and had 16 putts on the front and 12 on the back. I knew I was playing okay, but was surprised I broke 80 when I tallied the results. :alien2:

Congratulations! Sounds like less than ideal playing conditions. Way to go!

Great round sean, that is honestly a hell of a score and rather surprising seeing as you only hit 3 greens.

yup. 7 fairways, 3 greens and he shot in the 70's with 28 putts. great, great short game man. congrats on the round
Thanks! I can't take all the credit though. The greens were a bit slow, which helped when it came to the short game. :)

And, thanks for the link Dent!

Great score! That's leaps and bounds better than my first round of the year.
It was my 3rd round McRock, but thanks!

Congrats Sean. Did you use the video? :D

putting_cover_3.gif
No DD, I didn't know about it!

Congrats buddy! Now you are like a fox in a chicken pen. Once you get a taste of that chicken, you got to have some more :D
Thanks to you and Kelly. I never played this well this early.

And, thanks again to all of you for your kind words and good wishes! :)

way to go sean my goal this year is @ least to hit bogey golf @ my course @ least 1x and break 90 10x last year did it 4 89,89,87,87 lower my handicap down from 28 on oob golf

Nice job, Sean. Many to follow I'm sure. You're come a long way from Defcon trying to hit the ball more than 200 yards. Didn't take too long, either, once you went after it.

Kevin

Posted on this on the Break 80 thread but I want it here too!

WAY TO GO SEAN! Fan-freaking-tastic to be sure. I'm crazy happy for you, thats a tremendous milestone buddy!!!

way to go sean my goal this year is @ least to hit bogey golf @ my course @ least 1x and break 90 10x last year did it 4 89,89,87,87 lower my handicap down from 28 on oob golf
Congratulations J! Keep it up!

Nice job, Sean. Many to follow I'm sure. You're come a long way from Defcon trying to hit the ball more than 200 yards. Didn't take too long, either, once you went after it.

Kevin
Dang Kevin you have a great memory! And thanks!

Posted on this on the Break 80 thread but I want it here too!

WAY TO GO SEAN! Fan-freaking-tastic to be sure. I'm crazy happy for you, thats a tremendous milestone buddy!!!
Thanks JMan!

That's awesome Sean! Congrats and hopefully a feat I'll be able to accomplish in this lifetime.

Back