I absolutely love this addition to the site. I use Golfnow quite a bit and will now only use it through THP. Thanks for adding this.

I was really busy this past weekend and am just now catching up. I voted golfnow in the original poll and will certainly be using the THP quick link when booking in the future. Thanks again JB and THP for all that you do, great idea.

Thanks everybody.

I wish GolfNow had more course selections for central and southern Indiana.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

One-T and I are playing this morning on a course that we booked our tee times from the new feature here on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for bringing another wicked feature to the forum members!

I already book all my times through Golfnow so now it will be easier to do when on THP. Good idea...

About a month ago we decided that we wanted to have a tee time service included on THP for our readers, to add an additional service for our readers without them having to leave the site. We had a couple of choices to look at for this and earlier in the week asked the question about online bookings. Since the majority seemed to like GolfNow, we have added their booking engine right to THP.

You are now able to click on tee times from the green bar above or from the home page and set up your tee times through the familiar GolfNow engine. Check it out and start booking tee times.

We have always been about full disclosure with everybody and feel as though that should not change. Every time you book your tee time through the GolfNow engine on THP, it does help us out. We want to thank everybody in advance to for helping out through this service. The more you use it, the more new and exciting things will be coming to THP (product testing & more) in the future.

While checking my email this morning I realized I need to unsubscribe from GolfNow and keep my inbox less cluttered, as much as I am on THP, I can simply click the link sometime during the day and see deals in my area.

One-T and I are playing this morning on a course that we booked our tee times from the new feature here on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for bringing another wicked feature to the forum members!

damn, you beat me to it, I was coming in here to say that

It is so exciting to look and see your tee time booked through THP. It's the little things that make me happy. :smile:

Glad to make GG happy!!! We had a good time and everything went flawlessly.

It is so exciting to look and see your tee time booked through THP. It's the little things that make me happy. :smile:

Everything went great! Glad you have it there, I will use it quite a bit

Ok. I have posted a number of times and always with an enormous thank you to the THP staff.
So this one is a bit off my norm, but I have a question.
My wife fired up a "Groupon" competitor last fall here in Minneapolis. Called PurchaseParty.com. She sent me out with instructions that as I play the various courses here in the Twin Cities, chat with owners and managers to help her find courses that might do that type of deal. She was sucessfull with a few, but in my conversation with one, he lamented about how much he was giving away to sites like Golfnow and last minute bookings at reduced rates. Was he just being a crabbyass or is it a truth that this discounting is dangerous.
I own a small business doing Granite and Corian countertops. The "free sink" promo has been running so long that it no longer has value. Everyone expects a "free sink" and then asks what else?
I believe that the "Groupon" site is how many and maybe almost all of us shop nowadays, but is it harmful to the profit structure of golf courses?
I love to play at reduced rates, but dont want those courses to have to cut back in staff or services to accomdate lost revenue.

Ok. I have posted a number of times and always with an enormous thank you to the THP staff.
So this one is a bit off my norm, but I have a question.
My wife fired up a "Groupon" competitor last fall here in Minneapolis. Called PurchaseParty.com. She sent me out with instructions that as I play the various courses here in the Twin Cities, chat with owners and managers to help her find courses that might do that type of deal. She was sucessfull with a few, but in my conversation with one, he lamented about how much he was giving away to sites like Golfnow and last minute bookings at reduced rates. Was he just being a crabbyass or is it a truth that this discounting is dangerous.
I own a small business doing Granite and Corian countertops. The "free sink" promo has been running so long that it no longer has value. Everyone expects a "free sink" and then asks what else?
I believe that the "Groupon" site is how many and maybe almost all of us shop nowadays, but is it harmful to the profit structure of golf courses?
I love to play at reduced rates, but dont want those courses to have to cut back in staff or services to accomdate lost revenue.

As a small business owner, I can tell you that it is something I have researched. I even spoke to a local course here that uses it quite a bit. These are their thoughts, not mine.

"the amount we receive in bookings in return compared to what we lose is astronomical. Some sites have helped keep us in business".

Its less about the discount on greens fees and more about play and tee times. A course does not have to participate in GolfNow, if they prefer not to, but everybody we speak to loves the service. I would not compare them to Groupon though.

The simple fact that I see is that TeeTimes are perishable. Without people using golfnow, those teetimes are being wasted. So people using the tee times for 50 cents(disregarding prestige values and such) is making your course money in proshop sales/foodnbev/possible returning income. Much similar to hotels.com or something hotwire selling last minute empty hotel rooms

If I were a course owner, you bet, I would be thrilled to have a booking discounted rather than let the tee time go unsold. Same thing when my guys wonder why I except a project at a margin that I then complain about, but they are pretty happy to have jobs to fabricate and install.
And does this project to the overabundance of courses and the loss of golfers in the USA in the last few years? Is this a question of greater scale about where the direction of golf is heading?
I am still playing about the same or maybe a few more rounds than years back,but I do know of a few who have chosen other interests because of the cost and TIME factors. I believe golf is battling to even maintain rather than grow business. Discounting is not the preference if choices are available.
This is rambling a bit, but I bet you get the jist of my thoughts.

I keep going back to this thread, because I a tiring of playing my same course ALL THE TIME!! The current prices are pretty good for my local courses. I'm looking forward to utilizing this!

I keep going back to this thread, because I a tiring of playing my same course ALL THE TIME!! The current prices are pretty good for my local courses. I'm looking forward to utilizing this!

Thank you very much.

If you haven't tried it, Eagle Ridge is a nice course. A bit pricey at $50 but you can catch specials for $30 tee times. It is right outside of Garner on Old Stage Road.

If you haven't tried it, Eagle Ridge is a nice course. A bit pricey at $50 but you can catch specials for $30 tee times. It is right outside of Garner on Old Stage Road.

I drive by there all the time when taking my son to school (Vance Elementary). I've driven through the subdivision, but never played it.

Booked a tee time yesterday and today on Golfnow and I had to do it through their site because the times that I was booking didn't show up on here.

Booked a tee time yesterday and today on Golfnow and I had to do it through their site because the times that I was booking didn't show up on here.

That is strange. I have not seen that happen as of yet. You should be seeing the same times as it is run on the same engine. Hmmmm. Let me contact them in the am and see what they say about it.

I've put in a request to them as well to try and get courses in my area onto their site so I can book through THP. They already are in Canada so I would just like to see them here.

That is strange. I have not seen that happen as of yet. You should be seeing the same times as it is run on the same engine. Hmmmm. Let me contact them in the am and see what they say about it.

I'm positive about it. I had the tee times for the course on GolfNow in one tab and the tee times for the same course through THPs portal to GolfNow and the two I booked for today and yesterday didn't show up on THP when I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm positive about it. I had the tee times for the course on GolfNow in one tab and the tee times for the same course through THPs portal to GolfNow and the two I booked for today and yesterday didn't show up on THP when I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you already select your time and start to move forward with checking out on Golfnow and then try and pull them up on THP? Because that can happen (vice versa). Been emailing back and forth with them for the last 15 minutes and they swear they are the exact same service and what you see on one will be on the other and that it technically comes from the exact same information.

Back