Taylormade XFT Wedge

I admit that I wasn't crazy about these wedges when they first came out and never hit them. After spending some time with the xFT ZTP wedge I am surprised at how well they felt and how well I was able to get the ball to stop quickly from around 30 yards or so. These wedges definitely worth a look, I know that the performance definitely changed my thinking.

I'll echo p4b here, at first I thought these were a bit gimmicky. After spending considerable time with these over the weekend I have realized the error of my ways. It will take some adjusting to the shape but they flat out perform, add in the face plates and you got me. I was especially surprised that the face wasn't clicky as I had thought it would be with the attachment system

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I think they are great wedges, they feel and sound great. The bonus is being able to get a new wedge face for 'cheap'.

I have the 54* and 58* xFt's and love them.
I don't have any of the faceplates though for when I need to change them out. Where would be the best place to find them for the cheapest??

TGW.com has the replacement faces for $39.99, isn't that about what they cost everywhere?

TGW.com has the replacement faces for $39.99, isn't that about what they cost everywhere?

I'm really interested in these wedges for the MC. I like the fact that I can practice my wedge play a ton and wear out the grooves and then just replace the face and get back at'er

I bought my extras off ebay. I got 2 for $50 a while back then 2 for $60 another time. I think there on there right now for $25-$30.

Taylormade xft

Taylormade xft

I went to Golf Galaxy today in search of wedges. I swung them all, liked many, but I ended up trying the Mizuno MP T-11 and the Taylormade xft. I really like the xft, until I talked to the pro. He said the screws in the back (because these are the ones with replaceable faces) seem to come loose after a round or two, and have to be tightened. I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with these screws becoming loose. Thanks for any other info on them.

BulldogsGolf:banghead:

Last edited:
I went to Golf Galaxy today in search of wedges. I swung them all, liked many, but I ended up trying the Mizuno MP T-11 and the Taylormade XPT. I really like the XPT, until I talked to the pro. He said the screws in the back (because these are the ones with replaceable faces) seem to come loose after a round or two, and have to be tightened. I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with these screws becoming loose. Thanks for any other info on them.

BulldogsGolf:banghead:

No issues and I love the TM wedges....

Not true, my XFT's have never came loose, never tried the XPT's lol

I believe you mean xFT wedges and there is no way they are coming loose. Guys on tour are hitting these things hundreds of times a day and never heard of a single one coming loose before.

Those either. :)

i have about 4 rounds and some range time this year on my 50* and just checked and they are still tight, i have only had something come loose on me 1 time and that was a weight in my Supertri. I love the xFT wedges though, thinking about adding a 56* and 60*

i have about 4 rounds and some range time this year on my 50* and just checked and they are still tight, i have only had something come loose on me 1 time and that was a weight in my Supertri. I love the xFT wedges though, thinking about adding a 56* and 60*

Good to know guys. Anyone else like them on here???

Also, do these having conforming grooves???

Merged this one with a larger thread on the subject.

Good to know guys. Anyone else like them on here???

Also, do these having conforming grooves???

I love mine. The grooves are non-conforming, however with interchangeable face-plates it is a snap to get conforming grooves.
I have a couple of faceplates laying around to replace mine when they wear down. I don't play a ton, and practice less than I should with my wedges, so I think they should hold up for a while.

New faceplates seem to be going for $35- online right now.

I havent played them but I know a ton of people who like them. And I believe the ZTP faces have conforming grooves.

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE! haha It was the ZTP's I hit today. sorry guys, just this years model!!

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE! haha It was the ZTP's I hit today. sorry guys, just this years model!!

no its still the xFT wedges, the ZTP is only the face, its the conforming red one, the Z is the black non conforming

If you read the review on the home page you will see that xFT wedges have two different types of face plates. Z and ZTP

If you read the review on the home page you will see that xFT wedges have two different types of face plates. Z and ZTP

exactly, thats what i was trying to tell him

So I spent about 1 hour with these clubs while at the TM Kingdom. I really liked the ZTP's more than the Z's. Thankfully the ZTP were the conforming grooves. The ZTP's don't hold back at all. They really give you that feel that you need around the greens. My favorite degrees were the 54 and 56 degrees. The sand wedge didn't really appeal to me. I like the insert idea, but if I had to spend the money I would probably still go with a cleveland G15-16.

Back