DeertrailsCC

Reaction score
Handicap
I have in the last couple weeks developed what I would call a pull (everything left ) with my irons... Not a hook just pulling them left . This is something that I hardly ever do until now . Any suggestions ? Lighter, grip, stance anything ? HELP ! And thank you in advance !

DId you used to play a slice? My guess is yes. A slice and a pull come from the same swing. This means you are coming over the top and swinging out to in the difference is you are now closing the club face. A secondary target in front of your ball is a big help. THe baseball diamond drill covered in a number of threads would also be a great drill for you to work on.

As my game has progressed my ball flight has been a bit of a draw (all clubs) until recently ? Yes the club face is a bit closed and I will try opening it up a bit today and get back to you ...Thanks !

DId you used to play a slice? My guess is yes. A slice and a pull come from the same swing. This means you are coming over the top and swinging out to in the difference is you are now closing the club face. A secondary target in front of your ball is a big help. THe baseball diamond drill covered in a number of threads would also be a great drill for you to work on.

Totally agree. You're most likely coming over the top of the ball. Just have to figure out how to drop the club more inside on the downswing (in the slot). With swing plane issues, I always feel it's best to go to a pro; especially one with video equipment, so you can see yourself on tape and understand exactly what's going on and fix it!

Back