paranormal activity thread

oh man i missed it...

planet green is having a bunch of stuff on tonight but its ufo's and they had a mini marathon of ghost lab earlier today

We've lived in our current house for over nine years. Last night my wife and daughter were out of town, and it was just me and the dog. I was foruming and keeping my eye on a movie. The movie ended and it was pretty late. The TV went to the NetFlix screen and was silent. My dog had headed off to bed a while earlier, he sleeps on a pad in our bedroom. I continued foruming for a bit with the house completely silent, and actually found myself nodding off with my laptop in my lap on a work pad. My head must have dropped to my chest and I woke with a little start. That's when I looked around, again noting the dead silence, and realized I was too tired to continue foruming. It was kind of weird because after I woke up I noticed there was a pressure in my lower abdomen. I got up very carefully because the pressure was kind of uncomfortable and more than a little disconcerting. I slowly worked my way down the hall, went into the bathroom and urinated. Just like that, both the pressure and the feeling of being uncomfortable were gone.

It was a little weird, but I chalked it up as "one of those things" I've been noticing more often as I get older, and went to bed.

Kevin

Last edited:
:D:D:D Now thats funny.
We've lived in our current house for over nine years. Last night my wife and daughter were out of town, and it was just me and the dog. I was foruming and keeping my eye on a movie. The movie ended and it was pretty late. The TV went to the NetFlix screen and was silent. My dog had headed off to bed a while earlier, he sleeps on a pad in our bedroom. I continued foruming for a bit with the house completely silent, and actually found myself nodding off with my laptop in my lap on a work pad. My head must have dropped to my chest and I woke with a little start. That's when I looked around, again noting the dead silence, and realized I was too tired to continue foruming. It was kind of weird because after I woke up I noticed there a pressure in my lower abdomen. I got up very carefully because the pressure was kind of uncomfortable and more than a little disconcerting. I slowly worked my way down the hall, went into the bathroom and urinated. Just like that, both the pressure and the feeling of being uncomfortable were gone.

It was a little weird, but I chalked it up as "one of those things" I've been noticing more often as i get older, and went to bed.

Kevin

i must be channeling esox cuz im starting to feel the exact same pressure... but from the other end
the ghost of chipotle is haunting me... brb

I think the house we are in now is possibly haunted although I don't really believe in ghosts per se. A couple of weird and unexplainable things have happened recently to make me think twice about it. Several times I have been sitting late at night reading news (playing games) online and faintly I will hear what sounds like a radio come on in another room playing old stuff that you don't hear even on classic rock stations any more. When I go out to investigate or turn off the radio or TV or whatever that clicked on mysteriously the music dies away as suddenly as it comes on. No TV on, no radio on, nothing anywhere in the house, no cars parked outside with the radio blaring (against the local code anyway) and there is no one else in the house awake at that time that would be turning anything on or off. This has happened to me about 10 times in the past year or so and now I just ignore it and it comes and goes without any other incident.
The second thing that happens from time to time is that things are actually being moved around the house when no one is there. After no one has been home all day long, the kid is in school, wife is at work, I have been at work, I come home early from time to time after being the last one to leave in the morning and twice I discovered a chair had been moved out from the dining room table across the hall and placed in the middle of the living room. Another time I came in to find a medicine ball, 10 pounds of rubber, had been moved from behind a closed door where we keep all our workout stuff out into the middle of the kitchen floor one time and on another occasion it was found in the living room. No one had been home all day and after checking everything in the house to be sure all lights are off and doors are locked etc. I know pretty much where everything should be and I know because of that that the ball wasn't there where I found it when I left in the morning. A medicine ball cannot roll by itself through a closed door so it is very strange to find it there. My wife blames me for moving stuff around in the kitchen or wherever from time to time when I haven't touched anything and typing this brings that to mind as another possible string of incidents I wasn't thinking about when I first started writing this post but that may also be related.

Totally creepy. On the up side - these spirits aren't bothering you (too much) so maybe not so bad. Never having had any super-natural encounters myself, I would be freaked.

i havent had anything happen in awhile... guess its a good thing

That's creepy dog! I say you set up a video camera.

Good idea, I have been meaning for some time to get some cameras setup around my fish tanks and one of them can be turned toward the main part of the room.

Totally creepy. On the up side - these spirits aren't bothering you (too much) so maybe not so bad. Never having had any super-natural encounters myself, I would be freaked.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, angels, gods, talking to dead people - no imaginary friends of any kind. The only rational explanations are that either someone in my house is lying about where they are spending their time during the day (which is not possible or likely) or that someone in the neighborhood has figured out how to get into my house in the daytime when we are not there and is not really disturbing much of anything (no valuables missing and no food eaten) but that thought is actually creepier to me than the idea of some ghost hanging around in there.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, angels, gods, talking to dead people - no imaginary friends of any kind. The only rational explanations are that either someone in my house is lying about where they are spending their time during the day (which is not possible or likely) or that someone in the neighborhood has figured out how to get into my house in the daytime when we are not there and is not really disturbing much of anything (no valuables missing and no food eaten) but that thought is actually creepier to me than the idea of some ghost hanging around in there.

This reminds me of a video I saw of this girl who would crawl through her apartment complex's vents and climb into peoples' kitchens in the middle of the night to steal food.

On a side note, just as I was about to fall asleep last night, a CD fell on my face from my headboard. Close encounter?

This reminds me of a video I saw of this girl who would crawl through her apartment complex's vents and climb into peoples' kitchens in the middle of the night to steal food.

On a side note, just as I was about to fall asleep last night, a CD fell on my face from my headboard. Close encounter?

Just a CD? Or a CD case? Do you remember in what position it was before you went to bed? If it was just lying there that is weird because it doesn't really move that easily..

The whole thing CD case with CD inside.
I don't remember, it may have been sitting on top of a few gift cards, but it had held for weeks before. Maybe I farted or something and it shook the bed and made it break loose.

The whole thing CD case with CD inside.
I don't remember, it may have been sitting on top of a few gift cards, but it had held for weeks before. Maybe I farted or something and it shook the bed and made it break loose.

Lol, or you were tossing in your sleep and hit the headboard.

Lol, or you were tossing in your sleep and hit the headboard.
This was just before I fell asleep though. I don't remember twitching or passing gas. I imagine it was just friction giving up its life between the CD and the gift cards.

This was just before I fell asleep though. I don't remember twitching or passing gas. I imagine it was just friction giving up its life between the CD and the gift cards.

Or your house is just full of spirits. One or the other :D

Or your house is just full of spirits. One or the other :D

Well it is actually.
I just don't have enough facts to properly make a write up.

Reminds me of the movie 1408. Has anyone seen that movie? Just creepy as hell. I still don't completely understand it but I get the jist of it.

The neighborhood where my parents live was built in the early to mid 80's on a chunk of farmland. They moved into the community in '89. The original farmhouse and several outbuildings were left standing down in a low lying area of the community. You could see it from my buddy's house who lived on the hill overlooking the house. T

here were plenty of times we would be hanging out at night in high school and every now and again you'd see a light come on in the farm house in one room, then turn off a little later and another room would light up. The spooky thing about it was the place had been abandoned since well before the community was built and was more than a little run down. Now I know the first thought is kids or people poking around in the house, but Im telling you the rooms/windows would light up like you turned on an overhead light in the room or a couple of lamps. It was no mere flashlight lighting. The builder who still owned the couple of extra lots that were unbuilt in the community some 20 years later actually tore it down and built another house on the lot for someone in 01 so that was the end of that. But needless to say it was a creepy thing. I sometimes wonder if strange things happen in the house that was built in it's place.

i wanna go ghost hunting someplace other than my house

Sorry to bring a dead thread to life but since it's about the dead anyways, I think it's merited. Here in southern NM we are surrounded by everything from native burial grounds, old spanish murders and other crazy stories. My girlfriends aunt lived in a house in the older side of town for about 10 years. As they moved in, they noticed a few strange things occur. The first was that in the closets they would hear rustling around in the middle of the night and scratching around the walls. The next thing that began to happen was that the cousins would wake up with scratches on their back. Finally during a remodeling of the house they found strange brown stains under the carpets. They also found bones of many animals, possibly dogs in the back yard and they also found some pentagrams etched into the back yard wall that was covered by a bush. MY girlfriend also remembered seeing a woman walk down the hallway wearing white and walking around with a light in her hand. After some research they found out that the house was abandoned for a few years before they moved in and that it was constantly filed with squatters and homeless people as well as a suicide that was found in the house a few years before they moved in. It turned out that the old next door neighbor was found dead in the house and it was declared a suicide but that the official ruling was fishy. Since then I have been to the house numerous times before I knew anything about it and I immediately felt like someone was watching me. It was awful to go into the bathroom because it felt like someone was behind the curtains. Sometimes in the middle of the night we would hear the broken tile in the back rooms move as if someone was walking on them, but all of us were in the living room. Finally it got so bad that they abandoned the house and the bank repossessed it, it was too creepy for them to go back. This was one of the worst paranormal experiences that I have seen in my lifetime.

Wow! Goose bumps just to read about your experience.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Wow! Goose bumps just to read about your experience.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Yeah I was scared to death right now remembering everything that happened while I typed it. It has been a struggle, sometimes they would call us in the middle of the night to be with them and see what was going on, It was the scariest thing I have ever seen and sometimes I can't help but think about it. I'm just happy they are out, there where numerous priests that went to exorcise the house but it kept coming back. The scariest part was coming over and hearing a woman call a name but it turns out the only one their was the uncle.

I have always wanted to be in that situation but my mind might change if it was THAT situation

I have always wanted to be in that situation but my mind might change if it was THAT situation

I'm just going to tell you now, I was once that way too but it's one thing to see it on tv and to also be in it, I wouldn't wish it on anyone! haha, it's crazy cause I feel the same way when I hear about other people's experience and it's crazy!

Back