Favorite Ball Company

Favorite Ball Company

• Total voters
Playing the Top Flite Gamer right now. It gives me a nice feel and spin around the green. Yes there are some more expensive balls that I would prefer to play, but for the money these balls are great.

Taylor Made Penta and Titleist Pro V1 are far and away my favorites. Bridgestone B330 is the only other ball I will play, and is also a great choice.

I like Srixon, great balls and the first to have a tour ball in yellow!

I like Titleist NXT Tour they are great with my irons they are soft and extremely durable.

I find it interesting that THP ranks Bridgestone, Srixon & Taylormade above Titleist. I believe that Titleist is still the #1 seller. I know I played them until about 2 years ago when I went over to Bridgestone, and most of my friends still play Titleist.

I play the Wilson Staff TX4 Pro right now, but they are getting hard to find so im thinking i might have to make a switch to the FG Tours.

I play the Wilson Staff TX4 Pro right now, but they are getting hard to find so im thinking i might have to make a switch to the FG Tours.

I quite liked the tx4 except for off re putter, too clicky for me.

Bridgestone is my permanent brand now. No more Srixon. Love the RX too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone for me. I love that there's a ball for just about everyone.

I have always bought my 7 year old son balls designed for younger golfers from US Kids. They help quite a bit off the tee with his slower swing speed. The other day while we were playing he found a Pro V1 in a bush and wanted to play it instead. I said OK, not thinking there would be much difference. He hit his next approach shot into a greenside bunker and when he balsted out, the ball checked up immediately, turned 90 degrees to the right and eased to within 6" of the hole. Wow, I thought, that was cool. A few holes later he missed the green a bit short and once again, his chip came out low, checked up and stopped inside 1'.

He broke 40 for the first time that day and has been playing Pro V's ever since. Now if only I could get them to do that for me.

I didn't know another company besides :titleist: made golf balls , till I came here and saw all you Bridgestone guys...:popcorn:

The Penta TP is the best ball I have found for my game. It does everything well for me. 2nd choice would Z-Star. 3rd choice would be Pro V1.

Pro V1's for me. But the Srixon Z-star line is slowly becoming my favorite. Though I am leaning towards a Bridgestone fitting here soon just to see what they come up with for me.

Still no love for Dunlop....

Pro V1's for me. But the Srixon Z-star line is slowly becoming my favorite. Though I am leaning towards a Bridgestone fitting here soon just to see what they come up with for me.

Still no love for Dunlop....
I was at the Golf Town that just opened in our area. The yellow Z-Stars are on sale for $19.99 a dozen. :-0

Just realized I didn't really answer your question, which is what is our favorite ball company. I just answered my favorite ball. Sorry.

Honestly, I'm not qualified to answer my favorite company because I don't play different balls from within each company's line. I only play 1 ball from a few companies as mentioned, Penta TP, Z-Star and ProV1 in order.

I have always hit Titleist and still do from time to time. Gave up on the Pro Vs as they started to shred after 12 holes. I switched to Srixon a few years ago and their balls are fantastic. I use Z stars and AD333s primarily. I do plan to hit Bridgestones this year to see what all the fuss is about.

Recently I tried the Taylormade Tp Black LDP and loved them.

I love the Wilson TX4 Pros because for the price you get a pretty amazing ball. Any one have an imput on the Wilson FG Tours? I have been looking to get some but would like some opinions before i get any.

TM!! it's all in a name!! I started using TM when I first started golfing 4 years ago. This being my 4th year. I like the way they feel, plus they have my name on them... LOL

I have used the Callaway Tour IX for 3 years and recently bought 100 from lostballs. With that said the Srixon ZStar has been growing on me. I need to wait untill the weather improves before letting them have a fair battle.

This weekend I played the following:

Titleist ProV1
Tltleist ProV1x
Srixon ZStarX
Bridgestone B330 RX
TaylorMade Penta

I found the all to be about similar length off the tee, given a one or two yards (used a GPS). Off the irons they were very similar. Around the green the Penta was the softest and the V1x spun the most, relatively speaking. In conclusion, as far as these premium balls are concerned. There wasn't any real noticeable difference.

Back