Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I need some. Looking online at Cutter & Buck, Under Armour, Adidas, and Ashworth. All are some kind of wicking material or another. I haven't worn much of that stuff in the past. Is it all pretty much equal, or does one company really have something going on in comparison to the others? Should I just buy two of each? Hard to find a lot of stuff in my size in stores in order to check them out. My daughter's swing coach, a hefty fellow, swears by the Cutter & Buck.

Don't suggest Nike.

Kevin

A brand you didn't mention is Izod, their fabrics outperform everyone else in my opinion. The styles are hit and miss but you can usually find something that suits your eye. Of the ones you mentioned I would choose the adidas everytime, but with ashworth being brought under their umbrella now I would expect that line to really take off.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

What about Nike? They make good shirts. I bet you will like them.

Under armour shirts are pretty expensive, they feel good and work, but pricey. I like the adidas shirts. You can find some for cheap To. I found some shirt that say PGA Tour on them and they were only $20 at JcPenny. Feel really good to. But like you I need some more shirts. I think I have 4 actual "golf" shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're an old guy, better stick with Cutter and Buck.

In all seriousness I love my climacool (Adidas) shirts. I also like Nike DriFit. Yes I saw the don't suggest Nike part.

I like the Grandslam shirts from Kohls for the price. I also have Under Armour, Adidas, and Cleveland and I really like the three of them also.

What about Nike? They make good shirts. I bet you will like them.

Could be, I just don't like Nike. I find their spokespersons off putting.

Kevin

I really like the Adidas Formotion shirts. They are somewhat "stretchy" and keep me cool in the summer. I have a few Nikes and Under Armours as well, but always find myself going for the Adidas out of the closet.

Kevin

I was actually pulling one of your sarcastic posts on that one since you said dont suggest it. But guess I failed. haha

I like the Grandslam shirts from Kohls for the price. I also have Under Armour, Adidas, and Cleveland and I really like the three of them also.

Not enough Xs at Kohls, and the Grand Slams are all cotton, aren't they? I need me some wicking. Is the clima cool much different than the clima-lite?

Kevin

I was actually pulling one of your sarcastic posts on that one since you said dont suggest it. But guess I failed. haha

Beat me at my own game. Good for you. I thought maybe you just read the first post Texas style.

Kevin

Not really, I have several of both and their interchangable imo. Adidas runs a tad small in the shoulders and chest FYI.

Not enough Xs at Kohls, and the Grand Slams are all cotton, aren't they? I need me some wicking. Is the clima cool much different than the clima-lite?

Kevin

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Not really, I have several of both and their interchangable imo. Adidas runs a tad small in the shoulders and chest FYI.

Good to know on both counts, thanks.

Kevin

Beat me at my own game. Good for you. I thought maybe you just read the first post Texas style.

Kevin

Haha I read the entire post. I leave one-t for the skimming.

You have a dicks or something like that nearby? I'm sure they have a lot of shirts for you to gander at. I'd go with adidas first, but that's just a personal preference.

The person that puts you off actually has his own line. Nike golf has a separate line worn by all their other tour stars.

Cutter Buck tend to run small, Adidas are good as well ash worth.(same company) you also have travis Mathews, sling and IJP. Lots to choose all basically use same materials.

Kevin

Haha I read the entire post. I leave one-t for the skimming.

You have a dicks or something like that nearby? I'm sure they have a lot of shirts for you to gander at. I'd go with adidas first, but that's just a personal preference.

Not enough Xs at Dicks. I need 3, they carry 2.

Kevin

The person that puts you off actually has his own line. Nike golf has a separate line worn by all their other tour stars.

It goes way back with Nike for me. Not a fan.

Kevin

Kevin, try some adidas in 2X, i swear their shirts run huge dude. I also would recommend Antigua shirts in 2X if you can find them. I love the material of the Antigua's as well as the adidas. I'd seriously start there my man.

Not enough Xs at Dicks. I need 3, they carry 2.

Kevin

You have no idea how much I can relate to this...

Okay, my personal choice is not actually a 'golf' shirt. I wear a Columbia PFG shirt. The wicking is very good, it breaths wonderfully. It is actually a fishing shirt, but I am very glad I bought it (I don't fish)

Esox......

Adidas (non Formotion) runs a touch big. 2X may work. Ashworth In the tech fabrics run big as well.

One cut that I think you may like but have not mentioned is Fairway&Greene. It's cut is more traditional as is the style. They make a tech line now.....two actually. One is straight polyester and the other is a blend. The label says Pureformance and it's blue. They now offer some of the pieces in stores whereas they used to be strictly green grass. At any rate, I've seen it at the PGATour Superstore and online at TGW. Clearly the PGATour Superstore isn't near you but you could try one from TGW and return it if it doesn't work. I think you might like it.

Cleveland Classics is also a brand you may try. I can't speak to it's quality but it feels nice.

Donald Ross also makes FANTASTIC tech shirts. They are cut on the larger side as well. Again though.....green grass only.

The Colombia PFG's are AWESOmE! Our Club's Rod & Gun Staff swears by it. They hve some great transition shirts that totally work for golf. The Freezer Polo is a MUST HAVE!!!

good luck little buddy.

Esox......

Adidas (non Formotion) runs a touch big. 2X may work. Ashworth In the tech fabrics run big as well.

One cut that I think you may like but have not mentioned is Fairway&Greene. It's cut is more traditional as is the style. They make a tech line now.....two actually. One is straight polyester and the other is a blend. The label says Pureformance and it's blue. They now offer some of the pieces in stores whereas they used to be strictly green grass. At any rate, I've seen it at the PGATour Superstore and online at TGW. Clearly the PGATour Superstore isn't near you but you could try one from TGW and return it if it doesn't work. I think you might like it.

Cleveland Classics is also a brand you may try. I can't speak to it's quality but it feels nice.

Donald Ross also makes FANTASTIC tech shirts. They are cut on the larger side as well. Again though.....green grass only.

The Colombia PFG's are AWESOmE! Our Club's Rod & Gun Staff swears by it. They hve some great transition shirts that totally work for golf. The Freezer Polo is a MUST HAVE!!!

good luck little buddy.

SWEET! I am not the only one!

What about Cleveland Classics? Playing down south, I can very hot and sweaty...these have worked better for me than the adidas or ashworth....

Cutter Buck tend to run small, Adidas are good as well ash worth.(same company) you also have travis Mathews, sling and IJP. Lots to choose all basically use same materials.

I believe you are thinking about C-Buck from Cutter and Buck running small. That is their athletic cut brand. Cutter and Buck runs off of the same sizing chart (same factory) as adidas. Both are true to size. Ashworth and adidas are both part of the same company, but are completely different in brand look and cut right now and are run and designed by two different departments.

Esox,
First step is deciding on sleeve length (long, standard, short). Then how traditional you would like the brand and look to be.

Being a team TaylorMade guy, I would look at adidas & Ashworth and get an idea of how they work for you. Both offers sizes and cuts that will work for you in my opinion.

You're an old guy, better stick with Cutter and Buck.

In all seriousness I love my climacool (Adidas) shirts. I also like Nike DriFit. Yes I saw the don't suggest Nike part.

+2 on Adidas climacool. I have several and just bought two more last week.

Kevin, try some adidas in 2X, i swear their shirts run huge dude. I also would recommend Antigua shirts in 2X if you can find them. I love the material of the Antigua's as well as the adidas. I'd seriously start there my man.

Amen, I have a 2x Adidas shirt someone bought for me for Xmas, because I am tall. I swim in the thing.

I believe you are thinking about C-Buck from Cutter and Buck running small. That is their athletic cut brand. Cutter and Buck runs off of the same sizing chart (same factory) as adidas. Both are true to size. Ashworth and adidas are both part of the same company, but are completely different in brand look and cut right now and are run and designed by two different departments.

Esox,
First step is deciding on sleeve length (long, standard, short). Then how traditional you would like the brand and look to be.

Being a team TaylorMade guy, I would look at adidas & Ashworth and get an idea of how they work for you. Both offers sizes and cuts that will work for you in my opinion.

I'm going to do a little online shopping this weekend, and will start with a couple each of those two, I think. I'll check out the styles at Golfsmith or GG first. Pretty sure I don't want the really short sleeves. Don't want to be scaring people with my guns.

Kevin

Back