FootJoy Street Review Thread

I like that color or should I say shade of tan. I would rock a pair of those for sure.

Ditto. I just prefer my golf shoes to be golf shoes and my street shoes to be street shoes and not some weird hybrid baby of the two, I guess.

I agree. These are not golf shoes that I would wear but I'm sure there are others who will love them. I thought I might like them better once I saw them in person but that's not the case!

Looking forward to your thoughts on these JB. I like the looks of them but wonder if they'd look even better if they were a spike-less shoe?

Looking forward to your thoughts on these JB. I like the looks of them but wonder if they'd look even better if they were a spike-less shoe?

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw them.

These look like the ecco street shoes that Freddie has worn. I have a girly pair of the ecco streets in black with pink laces and soles. However, these FJ seem to have improved the idea of the street shoe with soft spikes. I find that my echo streets slide in wet grass.

Not quite my cup of tea, but I can see my kids wearing them! On the other hand, I quite liked the Ecco streets so I may get use to these.

I saw these at the pro shop this weekend in the color that THP has for review. I expected them to be more like a suede, but they really just look that way from the way the leather is finished. They were sharp in person and didn't seem too clunky, which is a problem that some golf shoes have when they try to replicate street shoes, in my opinion.

I am just not digging these shoes. I for one am not interested in a golf shoe that I have to keep clean.

So its safe to say I wont see these under the Christmas tree from Ike?

Haha, dude you have to try these on. I don'tknow how they'd hold up for a round but I'm sure we will know more on that soon!

I am just not digging these shoes. I for one am not interested in a golf shoe that I have to keep clean.

The only thing I don't like about these is the toe area. It looks kind of weird to me.

Yeah I didnt really notice it until you mentioned it. But it does look kinda different I'm just not sure what it is.

The only thing I don't like about these is the toe area. It looks kind of weird to me.

Yeah I didnt really notice it until you mentioned it. But it does look kinda different I'm just not sure what it is.

I think it's the fact that it comes up over the toe, but doesn't on most street shoes like this. I assume it's something to do with waterproofing, but I don't know.

So its safe to say I wont see these under the Christmas tree from Ike?

Haha, dude you have to try these on. I don'tknow how they'd hold up for a round but I'm sure we will know more on that soon!

no Tina...no shoes for you! I just dont like the look really. and I also dont want to have to worry about them getting wet, dirty.

no Tina...no shoes for you! I just dont like the look really. and I also dont want to have to worry about them getting wet, dirty.

Why are these any different than other golf shoes when it comes to getting wet or dirty?

Why are these any different than other golf shoes when it comes to getting wet or dirty?

suede brother. Have you seen how it looks after it has got wet?

Gotcha. I thought they were suede too, but they aren't. They just look like it. They are just a soft, normal leather with a finish that looks like suede.

Gotcha. I thought they were suede too, but they aren't. They just look like it. They are just a soft, normal leather with a finish that looks like suede.

see....dont skim like me! haha. well, I still think the fabric will react like a suede. plus, I dont like the look. I dont own a pair of converse all stars so I dont think I will buy a pair of golf shoes that look like converse all stars.

If they are real comfortable to walk in I will buy these in a second. Right now I have a pair of Powerband Sport shoes from a few years ago that are great to walk in.

These are pretty comfortable. Wore them for 9 holes this weekend and they held up great. Casual shoes with full spikes is something I have been looking for and these might deliver. More testing still to come though as there are some things I still need to check out.

Can't wait JB. These shoes are on my list for sure.

These are pretty comfortable. Wore them for 9 holes this weekend and they held up great. Casual shoes with full spikes is something I have been looking for and these might deliver. More testing still to come though as there are some things I still need to check out.

I can't wait to hear more, JB. Saw them at dicks and I think they look sharp.

I like the look of these, might have to see if the dicks around here has them to try on.

I bought a white pair of these last week, and wore them when I walked 9 holes yesterday.

They were extremely cool and comfortable in the Austin heat. I didn't sweat much, especially for playing an afternoon round and I loved how well they ventilated. As an earlier poster said I haven't felt better initial comfort in a golf shoe in a long time. I can tell that these are going to get beat up easy though, they already I have two scuffs I am going to have to get some polish on soon.

As comfortable as these were I may just keep these for when I ride in a cart, and get a more athletic looking pair of shoe for when I walk. Or I may just get a different color of these that I don't mind getting beat on.

Wanted to update this thread as I have been testing these for an upcoming article.
I like the look quite a bit.
They offer more grip than many of the spikeless options.
I did not think these were as comfortable as a few other options, but still pretty darn nice.

Back