Great Golf Quotes

My God my swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair !

"Golf is a good walk spoiled." - Mark Twain

“Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.” - A. A. Milne

Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.” - Winston Churchhill

You stole mine!!!

WC was quite possibly the wittiest man to ever live.

"'It's a game that can't be won, only played.'
And so I play.
I play on.
I play for the moments yet to come...
... looking for my place in the field."

- the Legend of Bagger Vance

You stole mine!!!

WC was quite possibly the wittiest man to ever live.

Yep, he and MT are a hard combo to beat. Naturally I am a WC fan, just read my sig.

Yep, he and MT are a hard combo to beat. Naturally I am a WC fan, just read my sig.

"Winston, you're drunk!"

"Yes, and you are ugly, but in the morning, I'll be sober."

"He's BAAACCCKKKK!" All the Tiger lovers.

Kevin

"If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron." Lee Trevino

"Serious golfers walk. And play blades." Kmac.

Kevin

What about

"Duh, winning." Charlie Sheen

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers, neither of whom can putt very well. ~Author Unknown

"Why can't people leave poor little Tiger alone?" - - - by many.

See my tag line:

"It's not how, it's how many"

Well, I was gonna list some but I think bridges cut and pasted the whole freakin' book :D

"FORE"

"I swear, I saw it down RIGHT HERE"

The better I play, the luckier I get.- Gary Player

"This is for Venturi in the booth thinking I should lay up"
"Yeah what does he know, he only won the Open before you were born"

-Tin Cup

Found my quote book...

"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced" -Miller Barber

"For most amateurs, the best wood in the bag is the pencil" -Chi Chi Rodriguez

"Being a left-handed golfer is a big advantage. No one knows enough about your swing to mess you up with advice" -Bob Charles

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them" -Harry Toscano

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't waste energy going back to pick it up" - Tommy Bolt

(in a high-pitched voice) "Somebody's cloooooser!" -Happy Gilmore

And here's a few of my own quotes...

"That's why they're sold by the dozen!" (said after losing a ball)

"I was only 3 over par, but then I played the second hole"

"Leave the headcover on next time- it'll help prevent those sky marks on your driver"

"He drives a cart like he's qualifying for the Hacker 500"

"They're special left-handed balls, designed to spin backwards"

"Give it up. Just put it in an envelope and mail it to the green. It'll get there faster"

"The first time I saw one of those SMART cars I thought it was a winter golf cart"

I have more, but most are R-Rated...

"You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen."

-Lee Trevino

Golf is 90% mental, 9% physical, and 1% luck.

Golf is the only activity you can do where you can have a good time and want to kill yourself simultaneously.

"Being a left-handed golfer is a big advantage. No one knows enough about your swing to mess you up with advice" -Bob Charles

Like this one lol

Back