ESPN Masters Best Ball Challenge

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Once again, I am setting up a game for all four majors on ESPN. One entry per person, please use your THP name.

THIS IS A NOT AN OFFICIAL THP CONTEST!
This is only for bragging rights.

Even though it's only for bragging rights, if you are going to have an entry, please don't enter after the tournament starts.

GROUP NAME: THP Masters Best Ball
PASSWORD: Hackers

RULES:

a. General. The objective of the Promotion is to assemble the best foursome of professional golfers during each of the four (4) rounds of the 2011 Masters Tournament and to accumulate the lowest total "best ball" score (relevant to par).

b. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.

c. Foursomes. All golfers in the 2011 Masters Tournament field are assigned a salary value based on a combination of their current world rank, previous year results and projected finish. Entrants must select four (4) golfers to form a complete active foursome while staying under the specified entry salary cap of $50M. Golfer's' salary values are set and will not change for the duration of the tournament. Foursomes that exceed the salary cap will receive no points.

d. Roster Management. Once the entrant has selected an entry, he or she may change any or all golfers for the upcoming round at any time until 8:00am ET (see "Locktimes" below). At that time all selections will freeze for the corresponding round and the entrant may add/drop golfers for the next round.

e. Scoring. The Promotion uses a "best ball" scoring format. During the tournament, the hole-by-hole score for each of the golfers on your foursome will be compared for each hole of the tournament. The lowest number of strokes credited to a golfer on your foursome will be your score for each hole (Example: If three golfers finish a hole with four strokes and one finishes with three, you will receive a score of three). The scores for each regulation hole (playoffs not included) will be aggregated and will represent your final score for the tournament.

f. Locktimes. Foursomes must be submitted daily by 8AM ET. Locktimes do not change, even if a round has been postponed due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances. Your golfer selections for the 2011 Masters Tournament must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by the scheduled locktimes. The list of the locktimes is as follows:

* Round One - April 7, 2011, 8:00am ET
* Round Two - April 8, 2011, 8:00am ET
* Round Three - April 9, 2011, 8:00am ET
* Round Four - April 10, 2011, 8:00am ET

g. Ties. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entrants, the winning entrant shall be decided by the following:

OVERALL TIEBREAKERS:
* Tiebreaker #1 - Entry with the lower fourth round score.
* Tiebreaker #2 - Entry with the lower third round score.
* Tiebreaker #3 - Entry with the lower second round score.
* Tiebreaker #4 - Entry with the lower first round score.
* Tiebreaker #5 - The entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.

In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.

Any other rules, suggestions, etc., can be found at the website.

Reserved.

sounds fun - im sure ill get the hang of it eventually but no strategy right now.

I'm in. Thanks for setting it up.

in with Furyk, Gmac, Boom Boom and Johnny Byrd

I'm in. Should be a good time. Thanks for setting this up!

We're up to 7 people.

I'm in!

I'm in! Gonna be an interesting Masters this year! There's a ton of guys on their games this year and I think it will be even more competitive than it usually is!

I'll get in Smally, might take a day or two before things settle down at work, but I'll get my picks in. Thanks for setting things up!

Don't forget you can change your roster for each round.

Don't forget you can change your roster for each round.

Great advise I forget to do that on almost every round by round picker event. I just set it and forget it!! Sounds like Ronco huh?!?!

I'm in Smalls... thanks for setting it up.

I'll have to wait till I get home, my companies firewall blocks the strangest things

i'm in. :comp:

Just put my entry in.

Alright, im in. Hopefully this goes better than my bracket.

Your bracket, my bracket, this has got to be better than that! haha

Your bracket, my bracket, this has got to be better than that! haha

Thats no lie! I was doing good, until the elite 8. I was on the first page of the leaderboard the entire time hoovering around T13/T23 then bam! I fell like a sack of rocks.

I'm in. I can only improve on last week, that is for sure.

Im in sounds fun!!

Like it, I'm in

I'll give it a go. Thanks for setting this up Smallville. The Roster Salary makes it a difficult bracket to choose from too!

Back