Forum Putter Testing Sign Up

Sitting here typing these answers and looking at the practice putting green out my window that's about 125 yards from my house. I can honestly say that I would have no problem testing VERY frequently.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I have always been anchored to the Anser/Newport style of putters with plumbers necks.
2. What is your current putter? Bettinardi BB8 tour issue
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have always putted without inserts but would be open to trying anything that has a softer feel, like an insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Not getting the toe through the ball which leads to pushing putts.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade or mid mallet
2. What is your current putter? Rossa Daytona AGSI+
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I like the inserts which promote forward roll other than that I like a milled face like a Scotty or NC Gambler
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Consistent distance control on long lag putts.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I am partial to blades, but I also like heel shafted mallets.
2. What is your current putter? Taylormade Ghost TM-110
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I gamed a scotty cameron newport before I found the ghost and loved the feel of the milled face. I didn't really like the feel of inserts until I experienced the "pure roll" insert on the ghost. I can really go either way as it depends on which one is currently giving me the most confidence. I typically play slower greens and the insert does seem to help with my lag putts. The balls come off the face a little hotter and I don't leave as many putts short like I was doing with the milled putter.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment and being 100% comfortable with my stroke.

Thanks THP!

Hello - Cool opportunity (once again). I'm in Tampa, and get out to practice putting/chipping multiple times/week so I might be a good candidate for this. :D

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? - I've played all kinds, but have recently settled in on heel shafted pintail style. But before that I played one of those never Compromise Space Ship looking putters!
2. What is your current putter? - Scotty Cameron Coronado.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? - I normally prefer inserts which give a firm but soft (might be the sound) feel. This is hard to describe, but I think the new Ping Scottsdale with the thermoplastic inserts hit the spot for me.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? - For me, it is reading the line. I am normally able to start the ball on my intended line, and it just comes down to whether I read the putt correctly or not. From a mechanics point of view, I would say I have a tendency to pull short putts at times causing me to miss putts I know I should make.

Awesome Job THP! :)
1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I use Mallets, but open to blades
2. What is your current putter? TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Spider
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have no preference, I use an insert now in my Itsy, it works awesome. Have never played a non-insert (played Ping Anser before)
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment to my line

THP delivers again!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Heel shafted #9 style.
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey White Ice #9. 33"
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I've really only ever used inserts, so it's just what I'm used to. Willing to try something different though.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I would have to say alignment. I've been tearing up the edges but they just won't drop.

Thanks Mystery Putter Company and :thp:!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade Style
2. What is your current putter? PING PAL, but sometimes my Odyssey White Hot #1 gets used
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Usually depends on the course. If the greens are large and/or slow, I prefer no insert (PING PAL). Smaller and/or faster greens I usually use the one with the insert (Odyssey White Hot)
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Judging speed and accuracy.

After further though, I will sign up. I will be able to donate on Thursday, so I am not really going back on my promise to refrain from testing.

1. I love blades, even though I currently use a modified mallet. I am not terribly picky though.
2. Odyssey White Ice #7
3. I like a firmer insert. It gives me good feedback, like a metal face, but is still soft.
4. Judging speed.

Thanks THP and Mystery Company!

1. Putter shape: Blade
2. Current putter: Yes! Callie and also Never Compromise center shafted Sigma
3. Inserts: Have never used putters with an insert, but open to trying anything.
4. Weakness: Tendency to leave putts short, also pushing or pulling the ball.

Thanks THP and Mystery Company...Hope to be one of the lucky ones for the left handed crowd!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Neither. I like blades and mallets!
2. What is your current putter? Daytona Ghost
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I love inserts! They feel softer to me. Feel like I roll the ball better with it.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Pulling short putts.

AWESOME! Testing a putter for THP would probably improve my putting because it'll make me practice more often to provide updates to everyone.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Any.
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey WhiteHot XG Sabretooth
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? NO preference. Current putter has an insert only because when I was last fitted for a putter, the fitter put me in a high MOI. The Sabretooth won out.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Occasional head movement leading to offcenter hits. I'm also working on alignment. I usually line up left of hole and come thru ball with slightly open face.

Big thanks to THP and the secret company(ies?).

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?
Blade or mid mallet. Both of these seem to suit my eye better, I find a full mallet distracting.
2. What is your current putter?
Taylormade Rossa Daytona
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
I prefered no inserts until trying the AGSI+ insert, all other inserts before that felt too "clicky"
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?
Speed and distance control

Thanks THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? midsize mallet
2. What is your current putter? SeeMore M3
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Doesn't matter to me it's more how the putter feels. I've got a Si1 Si3 in the putter stable as well.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Not being able to make those birdie putts.

Another great testing opportunity!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer both mallet and mid mallet
2. What is your current putter? Cleveland Classic #2
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have no preference either way, I just go off the feel I prefer.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment, I seem to lose my line right when I setup on the ball for the putt.

I am really interested to see which company is putting out the flatsticks to do this testing and reading the results. This will be an awsome opportunity for all those that get selected.

First of all, thanks to THP and the mystery company for another wonderful opportunity to potentially be a tester.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Partial to mid mallet or mallet style putters
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey Mini-Marxman
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Prefer inserts due to the soft feel
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Distance control on greens faster than 10.5

Thanks THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blades
2. What is your current putter? TaylorMade Rossa CGB Lambeau
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No inserts
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Hitting in center of putter

Officially throwing my hat into the ring, I will definitely be able to practice or play at least once a week.

I really like a mid-mallet, flow neck hosel like my Odyssey #9

D'oh - Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

Honestly, I don't know, I've only really used this one putter. My current putter has an insert and it works well, but I am really curious about how it would feel without an insert.

Overall, it's combining alignment with speed. I usually have one dead on, but rarely both at the same time as needed to hole putts.

Thanks for the consideration. I look forward to hearing how this turns out!

I like heel shafted but I'm really not partial to any exact style. center shafted putters are nice followed by plumbers neck. I struggle with double bends.

Corza Ghost

I prefer inserts for the most part because they can provide excellent feel and even get starting roll. However, some inserts feel terrible to me. It's a bit of a toss u but inserts win.

I struggle A bit with distance control and sometimes alignment.

Thanks for the opportunity for the testers THP!

THP doing what no one else does. I love that that the members have a shot at testing out this equipment.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallets
2. What is your current putter? Cleveland T-Frame Mallet
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Played both, like both. Make putts with both. Longer putts I prefer no insert because of better feel.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Consistent putting stroke and alignment.

Thanks again for offering this great opportunity to the members.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade
2. What is your current putter? An oldie but a goodie. Arnold Palmer 303
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Yes, better start to the roll
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? take away is sometimes jumpy

Right now I am into center shafted blades
Seemore FGP
I am open to them - my newest putter is stainless my last one was an insert - I also think what type of ball I am playing makes a difference in which I prefer
I tend to keep experimenting with various aspects of my putting, the constant changes lead to inconsistency which leads to changes which leads to inconsistency which leads to..

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I have been looking a lot lately at the mid-mallet ala Odyssey #9 or TM-880.
2. What is your current putter? Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No inserts: two things...one, it's more of a visual thing and two, the few times I played with an insert, I never felt comfortable with distance control.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment and not trusting my read.

1. What's putter style? I prefer a blade
2. What is your current putter? Cleveland T-frame by never compromise
3. Do you prefer inserts or none and why? I have played both and don't really favor one over the other.
4. What is your biggest weakness? I tend to push my putts and on short putts with lots of break I try to guide the ball rather that stroke through it.

This would be a great one! I'm hitting the putting greens for practice time like a madman here lately and will be continuing to do so for some time!

1. I prefer either a slant neck hoseled blade or a heel shafted mallet. Two completely different styles, but I love them both.

2. My current putter is a Cleveland Classics 4.5

3. Do I prefer inserts? I like milled putters best, but I have found that I like firm inserts pretty well.

4. My biggest problem is alignment and lag putting.

Hope that a good group gets chosen to test this product.

Back