Steer clear of the Verizon Thunderbolt.

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
i work at VZW and they are having a ton of trouble with the phone. reception issues, txting prob,battery life 3-4 hrs. just a heads up i love HTC and have a droid Incredible but this phone needs the bugs worked out, seems they released it too early.

Isnt the Thunderbolt for the most part a rebadged EVO for VZW?

Isnt the Thunderbolt for the most part a rebadged EVO for VZW?

pretty much but idk what happend with it. they must have had to use some different guts for verizons network or something. plus Verizon's 4G network is BS right now half the places they say has coverage actually doesnt.

pretty much but idk what happend with it. they must have had to use some different guts for verizons network or something. plus Verizon's 4G network is BS right now half the places they say has coverage actually doesnt.

They should be very similar both being CDMA phones. However in typical VZW fashion, I am sure they added and subtracted from a lot. I have had just about everything out there and I freaking love the EVO.

They should be very similar both being CDMA phones. However in typical VZW fashion, I am sure they added and subtracted from a lot. I have had just about everything out there and I freaking love the EVO.

The EVO is pretty epic. I lust for one, but Verizon coverage SUCKS in my area. Heck, AT&T sucks, but it exists, so I use it, and trust me, I have no love for AT&T.

The EVO is pretty epic. I lust for one, but Verizon coverage SUCKS in my area. Heck, AT&T sucks, but it exists, so I use it, and trust me, I have no love for AT&T.

AT&T is hit and miss in a lot of areas. But atleast they're in more areas than Verizon I guess. Both drive me crazy.
Plus when did you change the screen name Aggro?

AT&T is hit and miss in a lot of areas. But atleast they're in more areas than Verizon I guess. Both drive me crazy.
Plus when did you change the screen name Aggro?

Few days ago. It threw a lot of people off. I just felt like the name was childish, and wanted to let it go. There were a few reasons, but they are to pointless to retype. Kinda melodramatic, really.

I agree, they definitely released the phone to early! That might be why they haven't released kernel source yet. Once they do that, let the hacking begin! :comp:

i was going to upgrade to the thunderbolt this weekend!!! glad i saw this post! lol

i was going to upgrade to the thunderbolt this weekend!!! glad i saw this post! lol

give it 3-4 months then get it after they release an update and or fix the network issues.

Really I got my thunderbolt on the release day and haven't had a problem yet. YeH the battery life sucks but that is because I'm on the net all day. I've played 2 18 hole rounds and had more than half my battery left when I was done when using a gps app while playing. The thunderbolt has more on board memory than the EVO and has a bigger SD card pre installed. I'm not a tech nerd either but a friend of mine is. Overall I'm happy with the thunderbolt but I wish that 4g was in Dayton.

Glad to see someone else from canton, born and raised there, down in cincy now but hope to move back next year. What courses do u like up there? I've played em all

Glad to see someone else from canton, born and raised there, down in cincy now but hope to move back next year. What courses do u like up there? I've played em all

i play Tam o shanter alot its right down the street from my house its ok. the courses i like most are the legends in massillon and raintree in green. i do want to play the quarry ive heard its nice but have never played it. what about you?

i play Tam o shanter alot its right down the street from my house its ok. the courses i like most are the legends in massillon and raintree in green. i do want to play the quarry ive heard its nice but have never played it. what about you?

wow, u dont live far away from my parents at all, they live over towards malone college

used to play tammy a lot, as well as the legends and another one in north canton, I cannot remember what it was called

but yeah the quarry is awesome, at least that what some friends have told me, just a bit pricey during the day on teh weekends. I think its rated in the top 3 public courses in Ohio in most magazines

Well I was going to get the Thunderbolt next month when I'm due for an upgrade. Man, I guess I better keep researching phones...

Is Cellular South available in your area? Everybody in my family in MS has it and love both the coverage and the pricing.

Also like their logo- reminds me of Adidas..
Cellular%20South_logo.gif

I love HTC phones too so this is somewhat disappointing. I'm on TMobile for the long haul anyway since I've been with them since 1998 and they were VoiceStream here in Denver. But I would give anything to drop them right this second to leave for Verizon. I tried upgrading my phone as I usually do every 1.5-2 years (I currently have a MyTouch3g). I walked into two different corporate stores not 3rd party retailers and received ZERO acknowledgement.

If TMobile didn't charge $200 early termination fee and I didn't have 2 lines I would've dropped them in the store that day. They don't even pro-rate the termination fee. Once my contract expires I'm done. The Atrix is only $199 on AT&T right now, though I'm not a fan of AT&T thats a great price for a literal computer in a phone body.

I'm not sure whether to get the Iphone or the Thunderbolt. Any more suggestions on either?? I need to make a decision, I get my new phone next week!! Please help.

I'm not sure whether to get the Iphone or the Thunderbolt. Any more suggestions on either?? I need to make a decision, I get my new phone next week!! Please help.

I've had my thunderbolt since they came out and I've had no problems at all with it. I recommend getting it. It's crazy fast. Yeah the battery life isn't good but I'm on it all day looking at stuff on the web. I just kept my old charger from my blackberry to charge it when I'm at work. The gps apps don't drain the battery either. I really like it my wife loves hers and a guy I work with has it to and loves it.

I left my IPhone for the EVO (similar).

which one of these have the best golf gps? Recommend any?

I have yet to find a Golf GPS that works consistently well enough for me to use them. But they both offer many choices.

I use frontier golf gps. It's ok on trying the free ones till I find one o like then I will buy the full version. On the android marketplace 80% of the apps are free on the iPhone only around 20% are free.

I'd say it depends on the OS you like and what other extras you're looking for. iPhone has many great qualities but probably equal negatives, I wish I could tell you more about the iPhone4 but i only had the first gen. It lasted for almost 3 years though. I'd like to get the Thunderbolt myself because I've become a huge fan of Android OS. So much smoother, and the Thunderbolt might as well be a laptop with all its specs.

Alas, I'm on TMobile and I've got an HTC phone that runs Android. It works alright, but its been flaky since the new Android OS came out and I don't think the phone's guts can hold it up very well.

still leaning towards the Thunderbolt...

Back