Northwest Golf Get together at Chambers Bay and The Home Course

Hey doc...that was the same price she gave me. So all is well there. I am not certain I can make it now. My microbiology class has a couple Saturday classes this quarter, I won't get my course syllabus until a week from today, i will check to see if it falls on that day. Knowing my luck it will..... Will let you know next Tuesday.

Bumping this one for anyone interested in getting together to play Chambers Bay on May 7th!

I usually golf with my brother that day as our wive's and kid's go to Mom and me at the zoo that day. As long as he is cool to play there we should be able to make it. We would only play 1 round though. I will post back once I can confirm with him.

Just need to run it past the warden

Not gonna lie though, the course while looking beautiful, also looks somewhat intimidating for someone who can have terrible off days

Just need to run it past the warden

Not gonna lie though, the course while looking beautiful, also looks somewhat intimidating for someone who can have terrible off days

Oh it is intimidating! :) But it is a fair test of golf and a really cool layout. Even a bad golf day at Chamber's is a good day!

Oh it is intimidating! :) But it is a fair test of golf and a really cool layout. Even a bad golf day at Chamber's is a good day!

Righty then. I get paired with the patient or other high cap golfers

I am amused that they have a hole called Cape Fear though. Probably a green that's about 5 yards square in the middle of the ocean :alien:

I have to stop looking at the Chambers Bay website just in case we can't get this together. Looks like too much fun.

I usually golf with my brother that day as our wive's and kid's go to Mom and me at the zoo that day. As long as he is cool to play there we should be able to make it. We would only play 1 round though. I will post back once I can confirm with him.

Absolutely! Bring your brother! The more the merrier!

I have to stop looking at the Chambers Bay website just in case we can't get this together. Looks like too much fun.

It is going to happen!

Righty then. I get paired with the patient or other high cap golfers

I am amused that they have a hole called Cape Fear though. Probably a green that's about 5 yards square in the middle of the ocean :alien:

It is a really tough course, but it can be had. The fairways are generous on most of the holes, but the greens are brutal. You have to land the ball at the front of the green and it will release to the middle or even the back everytime. Very tough to get the ball to stop, even with short irons and wedges. Front pin placements are really tough. It is true links golf. No trees, high fescue grass, and great views. You will enjoy it, even if you shoot 100+.

I played the Home course a couple years ago. Loved it !
Chambers...it was a good course, but I wasn't all that impressed.

I played both last fall and like you actually liked The Home Course better. Such different courses it is hard to compare. I just imagined "Bandon" when I went to Chambers and it wasn't near as good. All that being said I'm in for whatever, whenever.... Anyone in the area ever played The Olympic Course at Gold Mt? I heard that is right in line with The Home Course.

BTW, I can probably get 1 or 2 friends to come along if we are short of the 16 person mark. We should get an official head count going, perhaps officiated by the Dr?

Okay so here it is...

Saturday, May 7th starting at 8:30am we are going to have a THP Pacific Northwest Get together. We will be playing Chambers Bay Golf Course on Saturday morning. Chambers Bay is the site of the 2015 US Open. From everything I have heard this is a fantastic links style course with fabulous views on Puget Sound. The normal fee in May is $165, however we will be playing for $99. Chambers Bay is a walking only course, in the style of the Scottish classics. It looks phenomenal and I can not wait to play it.

For those who are interested, as I know we have a few people driving a few hours for this and possibly some flying, I thought it would make the trip more worth it if we made this a 36 hole event (also the reason we are starting at 8:30). I have been receiving messages about The Home Course and people have a very high opinion of this course as well. I was worried about making the 36 holes all at Chambers Bay, only because there are some in our group that would have a hard time walking 36 holes. So we are going to do a second round at The Home Course for anyone who is interested. There have been multiple members who have said that they prefer this course to Chambers Bay, so I figure this will be a great way of doing our own course review, THP style (getting the people involved). They are giving a great deal and we are going to be able to play and ride for $52 total! (that is with cart and tax)

Also, there is another great course near these two that hosted the US Junior Amateur Championship that has great twilight rates ($36 with cart) for those who are arriving on Friday. Just putting the information out there, I am not organizing a Friday event.

Who's in for a fantastic day of golf with a bunch of fellow THPers and their friends? Please sound off, even if you have already contacted me. Also, let me know which course you would like to play, both, only Chambers Bay or only The Home Course. I am really excited for this event and can't wait to meet everyone going!

Last edited:
Bump for any late night THPers

Teeth, you did a bang up job. Sorry I wasnt able to come up with more help for the get together. I will know my status on tuesday.

Count me in. I will try to get a couple of friends too and let you know if/when any of them comfirm. Are these rates dependent upon us having 16 players at each course?

Normally I'd take the trek over from ID to join, but I'm traveling back from the UK that weekend.....I hope you guys have a blast. It sounds like a great outing. Thanks Dr. Teeth for setting it up. I hope to join you on the next outing. Here's to good weather for your rounds.

Man this sounds like a great time, I'm not so sure I can swing it but I'd love to.

CB I really hope you can come. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Teeth, you did a bang up job. Sorry I wasnt able to come up with more help for the get together. I will know my status on tuesday.

Thanks for all of your help! I really hope you will be able to make it!

Count me in. I will try to get a couple of friends too and let you know if/when any of them comfirm. Are these rates dependent upon us having 16 players at each course?

The Home Course is not dependent on the number and Chambers Bay is yet to be determined, but it would make everything easier and more fun if we did get 16 or more.

Normally I'd take the trek over from ID to join, but I'm traveling back from the UK that weekend.....I hope you guys have a blast. It sounds like a great outing. Thanks Dr. Teeth for setting it up. I hope to join you on the next outing. Here's to good weather for your rounds.

Hope you have a great time in the UK! Hope to see you later!

Great job on putting this together.

You can count me in for Chambers and maybe The Home Course.

Good job Teeth. I can probably bring a friend or two as well. I will confirm a number for you next week. I'm excited to meet you guys.

Great job on putting this together.

You can count me in for Chambers and maybe The Home Course.

Awesome! Chambers Bay is going to be fantastic!

Good job Teeth. I can probably bring a friend or two as well. I will confirm a number for you next week. I'm excited to meet you guys.

Sweet Tomahawk! Can't wait to meet you and your friends

Just got off the phone with Chambers Bay and we decided it would be a better idea to start at 8:30. I think this is better as it will allow everyone to be able to grab a bite to eat before heading over to The Home Course.

Such a great venue and sounds like a lot of fun. Friends tell me that Chambers Bay is amazing! I'm really bummed I can't make it, but family obligations come first. Great job in organizing this Dr. Teeth. Hope you all take pics to show me what I missed. :sad:

Such a great venue and sounds like a lot of fun. Friends tell me that Chambers Bay is amazing! I'm really bummed I can't make it, but family obligations come first. Great job in organizing this Dr. Teeth. Hope you all take pics to show me what I missed. :sad:

No worries bonk! We will have a local boys get together in Portland soon anyways! There are quite a few courses up by you that I have been wanting to play.

Back