Rotating putters. How often?

NWGolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been struggling with my putting a little lately and have been rotating putters every few rounds trying to get a good feel. My speed has been the biggest issue. Either I'm way short or I'm compensating and blasting it by the hole. I have a Nickent Pipe putter along with a Taylormade Rossa Modena 8 that I have been switching between. I think if the Taylormade was a little heavier I would like it a little more but I'm not sure how to add weight to it.

I know the bigger issue is in my stroke but was curious as to how often other's will switch out their putter if they are struggling on the greens.

Frustrated.

I certainly cannot help, I have been rolling the same putter for the past 7 years. I used to switch out between 3 until I hit one that feels better than any other I have putted, I hope this happens for you.

I am one of those people that really never switches putters unless I am testing something. I played one for years and then just recently made a switch when I fell in love with another one. But outside of that, I really never switch. I have a few putters, but still rarely switch.

During practice look at the hole, not your ball when you hit. I have brought this up a couple times so I hope I don't sound redundant. Hole is your target, not your ball. Give it a shot as you sound like you are not in a groove.

I am one of those people that really never switches putters unless I am testing something. I played one for years and then just recently made a switch when I fell in love with another one. But outside of that, I really never switch. I have a few putters, but still rarely switch.

Can you desribe a few JB? b/c i remember seeing your collection once or twice !!!!! lol

Can you desribe a few JB? b/c i remember seeing your collection once or twice !!!!! lol

haha, that's a whole lot of testing then.

Personally I've been through 3 putters in the last 6 years. BUT all of them were the Anser/Newport style just a different head weight, so I'm not quite sure if you would count it as a real putter change.

During practice look at the hole, not your ball when you hit. I have brought this up a couple times so I hope I don't sound redundant. Hole is your target, not your ball. Give it a shot as you sound like you are not in a groove.

Thanks griff. I will give that a shot.

haha, that's a whole lot of testing then.

Personally I've been through 3 putters in the last 6 years. BUT all of them were the Anser/Newport style just a different head weight, so I'm not quite sure if you would count it as a real putter change.

I just put in play one that i found in my garage an old odyessy about 10 yrs old , still rolls them good

I have twenty some Ping MgBz Anser's and my normal gamer is one of the oldest, a original Dalehead, but I will switch it out with on other Anser from time to time if I want a little more weight. I'm messing with a belly putter some, but for the most part I play 90% of the season with the Dalehead. I don't swich often and there has to be a good reason if I do.

I am having the same issues with speed. I have been going through my collection trying to find one that will work. Right now I am back to the ghost.

Back