Srixon Z-Star Driver

Good deal, I look forward to seeing how your numbers improve. Keep us posted Seth.

Good deal, I look forward to seeing how your numbers improve. Keep us posted Seth.

Me too! I will definitely keep everybody up to date.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

We didn't do much tweaking at the demo day when I was hitting - I just had him open it 1* and we left the weights at 7 & 7. I may try putting the 11 in the back, or swapping the front for the 3... who knows.

My great news is that Patty and Dennis at Blind9 were able to find me one and ship it out yesterday in spite of the backorders Cleveland/Srixon is currently seeing on these (up to 2 week waits). So Mr. UPS guy should make me a very happy man on Friday, giving me a chance to take it into my GolfTEC on Saturday morning and make any adjustments before taking it out to play Saturday afternoon. Woot!

Finally, after much, too much pleading, begging and threathening to go Callaway, a SRIXON rep contacted me last week to set up a demo for Sunday, March 27. I went to the driving range early, hit 80 balls with my 6 - 5 irons and my two gamers, Z-rw (stock) & W-506 (ProLaunch Blue, +1") and walked into the store with my golf bag...I am determined!
The sneaky rep had me start with Z-star & CG16, 5i...WOW, 5 balls each, 202-205 yrds....I.m 5'7", 66 yrs old, I have never hit my PING S-58 more than 185 yrds. THEN we go to the Cleveland drivers, I am surprised and pleased with the results BUT, I'm just as seaky and, before I try the Z-star, I insist on hitting my gamers, I want to see if someone screwed around with the settings of the Launch Monitor, apparently not.
Now we are getting down to business, I must have hit 20 balls with him setting up the driver every 3-4 swings. I hit an extra 10 balls at the end, (I'm getting a bit tired by now) dead straight with no more than 5 yrds dispertion on either side of center.
What do you think happened next? I should be getting my NEW Z-star driver sometime this week....When I pick it up, I'll take in my Z-rw for a regrip and have IT lenghtened by 1". I'm like a child in the entrance of a Toys'R'us, I'm already thinking about the irons for next year, hopefully I can hold off 'till then...Aaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!:bananadance:

Well, I took the Z-Star back out to the course yesterday. Played the same West/North combination at Painted Dunes. With these courses I use the driver 11 times. The Z Star performed great 9/11 fairways hit. The set-up I used was 7g in the front and 3g weight in the back (dry/windy conditions). I still have the driver closed two notches (less than 1* closed). Most of the drives were close to the sweet spot and I got normal results on distances. I had one real bad miss low and on the heel and still it managed to hit the fairway but only got 200 yards out of it (some wind involved). My shortest drive was 230 into the breeze and 267 on a long par 4. I am really pleased with this clubs performance. Guys and gals I do not have access to any high tech equipment to give you numbers. If you do not see anything in here that helps please ask the question I'll do my best to answer.

So far, I am finding this club a tad longer than my old SuperTri. This is probably because it is simply a better fit for me in general. My wrench should be coming in any day now and I hope to make a special trip to a LM to fine tune my numbers. I am absolutely loving the look of the Dromos shaft. I think it is the best looking shaft ever made. The 61 stiff seems to fit my swing very well even when I crank it up a little. I did a little driver work with my GolfTec instructor yesterday and he was gushing over this club. He loved the look of it. The thing he just raved about was the completely black head and how it didn't have an alignment mark on it. To be honest, I didn't even notice it didn't have one when I first used it until someone (I think it was TC) pointed it out to me.

The thing he just raved about was the completely black head and how it didn't have an alignment mark on it. To be honest, I didn't even notice it didn't have one when I first used it until someone (I think it was TC) pointed it out to me.

That's one thing I love as well. My GolfTEC coach has me setting up differently with my driver, so that the shaft and hands point towards my belt buckle more instead of my left hip, which makes the face look closed at setup and the alignment marks just point left and make me think "HOOK!!!!". Not a problem with the Z-Star - no marks to point left on me and screw with my head. (That and I can open the face up a little and that gives me more confidence that I won't hook it as well.)

I know nothing of that site - how legitimate are they? $309 is $90 below retail and probably not much over wholesale if any. Hard to stay in business doing that...

Last edited:
FYI
DiscountDan golf has this pricing

[FONT=&quot]Hope all is well! Your price on the Srixon Z-Star driver is $309 with free shipping and no sales tax! [/FONT]

DD is the best, i order 99% of my new stuff from them, they do get a little upset if you post their prices on public forums though. At least they did on the last site i was on that they sponsered.

I know nothing of that site - how legitimate are they? $309 is $90 below retail and probably not much over wholesale if any. Hard to stay in business doing that...

they are legit, bought from them many of times, they sponsor another forum and get lots and lots of buisness, im not gonna say the price i got my R11 for but you cant beat it.

+1 for Discount Dan's. My Z-Star driver arrived yesterday and they are completely legit with excellent customer service. They have amazing pricing on almost everything and the Z-Star driver is no exception. I cringed when I saw their price posted earlier on this site but I see the mods have taken it down (mostly). They do appreciate discretion when discussing their prices openly. You won't be sorry!

+1 for Discount Dan's. My Z-Star driver arrived yesterday and they are completely legit with excellent customer service. They have amazing pricing on almost everything and the Z-Star driver is no exception. I cringed when I saw their price posted earlier on this site but I see the mods have taken it down (mostly). They do appreciate discretion when discussing their prices openly. You won't be sorry!

+1, best around, i know they dont like their prices talked about openly like that thats why i mentioned it. I need to get out and hit this driver, heard nothing but good things about it

I was able to hit it today. Unfortunately, it was only at an indoor range (although the snow is rapidly melting in Minnesota) but I can tell you that it felt great. I'm coming from a G15 with a Diamana blueboard and the Z-Star was wonderful. I can't wait to see its ball flight. Love the "tinker" factor with the weights. Right up my alley! Thanks to everybody who posted earlier. Great reviews and information on this site.

i am using a 9.5* supertri.
should i get the z-star in 9* or 10.5*?
like everyone else, i can't demo the club.
i can't even get the club in my country n i need to import it in .... :banghead:

i am using a 9.5* supertri.
should i get the z-star in 9* or 10.5*?
like everyone else, i can't demo the club.
i can't even get the club in my country n i need to import it in .... :banghead:

I am not big on buying a club without trying it. But I would go with more loft if you can and adjust the ball height as needed.

Ah, those three little words we all love to see on the UPS tracking page:

"OUT FOR DELIVERY"

I'll take some unboxing pictures when I get home and put them up. Appointment at my GolfTEC tomorrow at 11 am to fit it and make any adjustments, then out to the course tomorrow afternoon to play with it in the bag. No foolin'! :)

That is awesome peng! Keep us posted on how it works for you.

How many outing attendee's have this driver on their raffle wish list?

I'd take that one.

Tapatalk: even for walkers

It's on mine, but then again which prize isn't

Would be if I were going. Then I could have a Saturday driver and a Sunday driver. :D

Hey JB, I know it has been asked, but I didn't find an answer. Can you find out when they are planning on releasing the iPad app? I am very excited to get this on my iPad.

Hey JB, I know it has been asked, but I didn't find an answer. Can you find out when they are planning on releasing the iPad app? I am very excited to get this on my iPad.

According to them, "very soon". That is all we have as it is not coming from the people we deal with, but straight out of the Japan offices.

You have an iPad?

Back