TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Fairway Wood Review Thread

So I had a chance to hit this club at The Kingdom on Saturday.I hit the 4 wood 17.0. First of all I love the look of the white face, I don't prefer all of the red and grey coloring on the head. I would prefer just the burner logo. Nevertheless, I decided to hit the club off the deck and it took me a few balls to get used to it. A nice sweeping motion works best with this club and you just have to let the club do the rest of the work. Where I think this club really shines is when you pop it up on the tee. Holy cow!! I was expecting this thing to perform as well as my Old SF. But it just shot off the face and ripped down the range. Ball after ball off the tee impressed me more and more. This club is def a game changer, especially In those tricky spots on the fairway or on a dog leg. This club blew my old SF out of the water and I'm def going to be picking one up in the future.

Seeing as Duey is having problems off the deck as well, I'll ask why is that? Both of you have found it better to be off the tee. Is it turf interaction? Different swings required? I struggle off the deck as well and am keenly interested.

My guess would be the trouble off the deck is due to the shaft length.I have stated here before my opinion that the 3 wood off the deck is one of the hardest shots for me and with the new models coming out with 43.5" and longer that this does not help.I'm going to get a 3 wood as my bag has a space but I may experiment cutting it down to 42" (I'll pull the longer shaft and fit in an old one so not to screw up the new shaft)

Hey duey I hope to see this still in your bag by the Rocky Mountain Outing, I want to swap sticks for a day and compare notes.

Wulff, you got it buddy, I'll trade out for the day and let you have a go and review here with the SF 2.0. I can't say it's the length as much as the shallow face. I'm used to an oval face which picks the ball a bit more, where this is shallow, flat and oblong. More set for a sweeper, if that makes sense. I'm slowely getting the hang of it, but if you sweep under power you have to keep your head very still without getting behind the ball and thats my biggest problem.

I think it suites most people if they can rotate well to the left foot through impact without a sway, (rh).

Last edited:
Wulff, you got it buddy, I'll trade out for the day and let you have a go and review here with the SF 2.0. I can't say it's the length as much as the shallow face. I'm used to an oval face wich picks the ball a bit more, where this is shallow, flat and oblong. More set for a sweeper, if that makes sense. I'm slowely getting the hang of it, but if you sweep under power you have to keep your head very still without getting behind the ball and thats my biggest problem.

I think it suites most people if they can rotate well to the left foot through impact without a sway, (rh).

Looking forward to it buddy! You can play my R11 5 wood for a day and post on it also.

That was the problem I had with my original SF and I think that's why It was maybe easier for me to hit the SF 2.0 off the deck. But the thing is a mini-driver off the tee. I'd be curious to see launch monitor results for it.

So I had a chance to hit this club at The Kingdom on Saturday.I hit the 4 wood 17.0. First of all I love the look of the white face, I don't prefer all of the red and grey coloring on the head. I would prefer just the burner logo. Nevertheless, I decided to hit the club off the deck and it took me a few balls to get used to it. A nice sweeping motion works best with this club and you just have to let the club do the rest of the work. Where I think this club really shines is when you pop it up on the tee. Holy cow!! I was expecting this thing to perform as well as my Old SF. But it just shot off the face and ripped down the range. Ball after ball off the tee impressed me more and more. This club is def a game changer, especially In those tricky spots on the fairway or on a dog leg. This club blew my old SF out of the water and I'm def going to be picking one up in the future.

To make a note about the color of the graphics--
I usually play men's clubs, so I was a little wary of testing a ladies PURPLE club, to be honest. But I really prefer the subdued graphics of the gray and lavender color on the ladies club vs the black and red on the mens. I think the colors on the crown of the mens club are much more obvious than the ladies.

Great reports there koko and duey! It sounds like these clubs are a real beast. I hope you can get the deck shots worked out duey! Koko I really enjoyed your hole by hole report! I may have to steal that method for one of my write ups on my R11 5 wood i am testing.

Go ahead! I stole it from someone else in the Wilson D11 thread. It is actually very fun to write that way, and it made me really think about the club and how I used it on course.

To make a note about the color of the graphics--
I usually play men's clubs, so I was a little wary of testing a ladies PURPLE club, to be honest. But I really prefer the subdued graphics of the gray and lavender color on the ladies club vs the black and red on the mens. I think the colors on the crown of the mens club are much more obvious than the ladies.

I just went back and revisted your pictures again and the womens clubs colors are perfect. They are soft and muted. The mens club just pops in your face. I'd rather have a plain matte white driver. I don't need all of that SF jazz on the rear end of the driver. The coloring on the head of the driver should be like the R11: Simple and subtle. Great reviews btw Koko...keep up the good work!

I just went back and revisted your pictures again and the womens clubs colors are perfect. They are soft and muted. The mens club just pops in your face. I'd rather have a plain matte white driver. I don't need all of that SF jazz on the rear end of the driver. The coloring on the head of the driver should be like the R11: Simple and subtle. Great reviews btw Koko...keep up the good work!

I don't really notice the graphics on the back of this club when I'm over a shot. I notice the white, but honestly the white is more of a positive being as bold, yet calming color for me. I tried to think about this during my last time out wth the SF 2.0 and found myself using the graphics to help frame and align the shot. I had one of my best ball striking days with this finally, but it took really slowing down my back swing, keeping my head still and simply not trying to hit the thing 230 yards.

At this point I'm just trying to get comfortable with it and develop confidence that I can keep it straight, I'll work towards distance after I gain the rest.

At this point I'm just trying to get comfortable with it and develop confidence that I can keep it straight, I'll work towards distance after I gain the rest.

Amen Due!! Distance is an afterthought for me as well.

How are everyones testings going???

Well, I got to hit this bad boy again yesterday at a Tmag Demo Day. I love it off the tee, but am still tryin to figure it out off the deck. The club is so light and fast that the first few balls I hit were slices because my hips weren't rotating fast enough for the club. Like Due said in earlier post, this club takes a little getting used to but once you hit a few with it, it will hopefully snuggle its way into your bag. I did hit the R11 FW yesterday as well, and found it was maybe a little more accurate that the SF 2.0 bombs I was dropping down range. This club was built for those tough tee shots on dog-legs. If I had the $$$ I would have one in my bag just for that shot specifically.

I played this weekend, but was busy packing my house (still) so I haven't had a chance to post yet.

I honestly was not hitting very well this weekend. I shot a 90 on Saturday and a 96 on Sunday. The 90 felt like it should have been worse, but I was chipping and putting ok to save myself from a really high number.

On Saturday there was no wind at all, so I did not hit the 5 wood very often. I hit a couple good tee shots, but that is redundant information since I have already said it is easy to hit off the tee.

On Sunday the wind whipped up and it was a strange wind pattern that had wind my face on the front 9 and at my back on the back 9. Because of this I did not need the SF FW on the last couple long par 4's like I usually do.
I hit the SF 5 wood for my 2nd shot on the first par 5 and hit it really thin and crappy. But it went far and I had a 7 iron to the green. Too bad inlined up too far right and hit the approach shot into the righthand green side bunker! It is pretty awesome how good the bad shots are with the club. I mean I really pulled up out of the shot, but it went straight and pretty far. A bad shot with a less forgiving club would have cost me a whole stroke there.

I should have used the SF 5 wood on my next tee shot, like I usually do, but I pulled out driver, pulled it into some scruffy bushes and made a triple.

Next hole, par 5, is the one with the tight landing area. Used the SF 5 wood, right down the middle. Then a 4 hybrid to lay up to the water. Wind was in my face to a back pin over water and I took a 5 hybrid to the green. It rolled off and I got a 6. On this hole, the SF really helped since I often hit driver and get into trouble when there is no reason for me to hit driver off tee on this hole. I can't get to the green in 2 anyway.

I still need to test the SF fairway wood more off the fairway and on the range. Since summer is coming (school ends here in 5 weeks) I will also have my daughter play it since she plays ladies clubs now (she is almost 13). I will use her as a tester also.

I will get in more range time in between my weekend playing in the next couple weeks after we move out of this house.

Great work Koko. The five wood is a tricky beast to master. Keep up the great reviews and good luck with the move.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

i feel like a kid at xmas!

i feel like a kid at xmas!

Just checked the tracking number for my burner sf 2.0 4 wood arrives tomorrow!!! Work tomorrow will be super slow! I've never owned a 4 wood, so this should be a fun expierement!!

Just checked the tracking number for my burner sf 2.0 4 wood arrives tomorrow!!! Work tomorrow will be super slow! I've never owned a 4 wood, so this should be a fun expierement!!
For the longest time I carried a 4 wood. Every three wood out there just didn't look or feel right. You'll enjoy it, just make sure to try and keep the ball flight down.

I have the same feeling, just got the email with the fedex number for my 42* Niblick I won last night, cant wait!

Great review koko< can't wait to hear more from your testing as well as your daughter. Cold weather and snow has curtailed our testing here, but we are looking at upper 60's this weekend, so if I make it home I'll be out there once again.

ill post my thoughts this sat on my 4 wood, im 6'3 so the longer shaft should be ok.. but ill be out this sat as its the first week of my league!! super excited!!

ill post my thoughts this sat on my 4 wood, im 6'3 so the longer shaft should be ok.. but ill be out this sat as its the first week of my league!! super excited!!

Sorry MK, but this testing is for us short people only :D J/K Can't wait to hear your results man.

Got the Superfast 2.0 fairway today and absolutely love it. Night and day vs. the R11 and much better in my opinion. It frames the ball so perfectly and is very easy to hit off of the deck. Long and straight. I actually cut mine down a half inch and really hit it well.

Sorry MK, but this testing is for us short people only :D J/K Can't wait to hear your results man.

Lol thanks! And don't worry if the shots get too bad, ill be trimming a half inch to a inch

Ughhh no box waiting for me! , I check the tracking number and it says on truck for delivery! I keep looking out the window everytime I hear a truck, I'm like a little kid lol

It just came!! Woohoooo!! Just a question, does anybody have two serial numbers on the hosel?

Great review koko< can't wait to hear more from your testing as well as your daughter. Cold weather and snow has curtailed our testing here, but we are looking at upper 60's this weekend, so if I make it home I'll be out there once again.

Snow! Yuck. I am sending warmth your way to melt that stuff so you can get out and play.

Back