Cleveland Mashie Review

How would this club compare to a Cobra baffler pro?

I will let others go into detail as I already have but in my opinion take the Baffler Pro and make it a better sounding head and then add a far better shaft and you have the Mashie.

So you are not a big fan of the Speeder shaft in the baffler pro?

So you are not a big fan of the Speeder shaft in the baffler pro?

I think it is a good shaft and works well for that head. I dont think it compares to the Miyazaki Hybrid shaft though.

Thanks for the info.

That has to be the best headcover on the market. Love the retro look

Can't wait to get mine just ordered it today.

Hit the mashie for the first time today. All I can say is WOW! I was hitting into a LM but from the sound and feel this club rocks! Feels like the ball just shoots off the face like a missile. The sound is clean, yet sharp, and crisp. When hit well it feels like butter I feel like I could swing this club with such a smooth swing and the ball will rocket off the club and fly for a mile. You know when you've hit it well!

Do I want one? Thats a tough call, I love the feel, I love how the ball flies, I am not a big fan of the color. I know, I know, I should get over it. But I love the black heads of today's clubs when I look down at them at address. I should just get over it and buy one. Dang, one of lifes great conundrums! :confused2:

Thats my 2 cents!

I'm with Jesse on this one...Looked at these over the weekend and couldn't get passed how they looked. Love the looks of my Ping I 15's and hit them well.

I have the Mashie M3 20.5 and this thing is solid. I am thinking of doing a side by side comparison with the R11 7 - wood 22 degree, that I am currently testing. It might be interesting.

I guess I just don't understand why anybody would give up performance just because they didn't love the looks of a club. Looks don't hit balls.

I guess I just don't understand why anybody would give up performance just because they didn't love the looks of a club. Looks don't hit balls.

Truth!

Some fellas just don't have confidence in clubs they don't like the look of.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I just don't get that. For me, confidence comes from results.

Oh, I can learn to like something if it works, but for me it starts with the looks...A club has to "look good" for me to give it a go. Who knows, it may grow on me enough to give it a whirl. For now, I'll stick with my pretty Pings.

Last edited:
I just don't get that. For me, confidence comes from results.

I tend to agree with you Hawk that results dictate what goes n my bag but I can see the other side. If something looks funky to me, it might keep me from hitting it and I never know. For example, square drivers just bother me, no matter what the brand. I dont think I could try one, even though the results might be better for me that a "standard looking " driver

Oh, I can learn to like something if it works, but for me it starts with the looks...A club has to "look good" for me to give it a go. Who knows, it may grow on me enough to give it a whirl. For now, I'll stick with my pretty Pings.

Please, don't take this the wrong way, because I completely respect your right to play what you like for whatever reason, but it is kind of funny that you keep saying pretty PINGs:beauty: You just don't hear the two words combined that often hehe. That said, the i15 is a nice looking hybrid.

Thats my conundrum!!!!!

I had this conversation with someone in R&D today from an OEM. We talked about this very thing. We also talked about the whole "feel" thing. You know that thing about feel that lasts less than 1 second and happens at impact (allegedly).

Please, don't take this the wrong way, because I completely respect your right to play what you like for whatever reason, but it is kind of funny that you keep saying pretty PINGs:beauty: You just don't hear the two words combined that often hehe. That said, the i15 is a nice looking hybrid.

Ping i15 Hybrid & Cleveland DST Hybrid
i15-Hybrid-address_large_4583.jpg

11820_225.jpeg

Now granted I know the DST was last year and the Mashie is this year, but I do get out a kick out of some of the looks stuff. This is not directed at anybody at all, just my whole theory on what us golfers in general are programmed to right now. Again, not a knock on anybody at all.

I had this conversation with someone in R&D today from an OEM. We talked about this very thing. We also talked about the whole "feel" thing. You know that thing about feel that lasts less than 1 second and happens at impact (allegedly).

Yea, I'm finding feel is a fleeting thing that could also be replaced by performance.

I like the looks of the DST, but not the Mashie...The head cover on the Mashie is a whole other issue...:zsimpsons:

This is strictly a personal issue...Nothing against the Mashie, I am sure it is a great club. Ugly as sin, but a great club...:bomb:

No worries, TfT. Like I said, you have every right to pick your gear for whatever reason you choose.

I like the looks of the DST, but not the Mashie...The head cover on the Mashie is a whole other issue...:zsimpsons:

This is strictly a personal issue...Nothing against the Mashie, I am sure it is a great club. Ugly as sin, but a great club...:bomb:

It is not written law that you must use the head cover that comes with the club. Buy a hybrid head cover your favorite NFL or MLB team or one of the head covers from the THP store.

The thing about the looks is something I'm working on as well. And with regards to those that disagree, I'm sure we all buy our clothes because they're functional and perform well and not because they look good? Or our cars? Or our houses?

I'm willing to let it go as it's just a golf club I have to see like 3 times a round, but seriously.......I can't wait for a better look on Mashie 2.0.

I guess I see golf clubs as more of a tool than a style statement, but again, to each his own.

The thing about the looks is something I'm working on as well. And with regards to those that disagree, I'm sure we all buy our clothes because they're functional and perform well and not because they look good? Or our cars? Or our houses?

I'm willing to let it go as it's just a golf club I have to see like 3 times a round, but seriously.......I can't wait for a better look on Mashie 2.0.

Comparing those does not really work though. Maybe cars. And I would like to think I bought my car because the way it performed. I mean it is a Volvo. But I also dont ride around on my golf club. I use it to hit the ground and ball and need it to work well. Just like my car. At the end of the day, I would use a brick on a stick if it made my index go down a single point.

I have no problem if people want to base their clubs on looks. Fine by me. I dont, but whatever works for each. For what its worth, I happen to like the way the Mashie looks quite a bit.

Back