Bridgestone Ball Fitting

We will have Bridgestone near here on April 15th. and I can't wait to do the live fitting having done the online one this winter. I've played a handful of rounds this spring with my new ball and love the results so far.
I was hoping I could hit several clubs during the fitting but it does appear there is time limits, so I'll just plan on hitting driver.

Bridgestone said it was due to time limitations.

B Fit Launches

Check out post #8.
That's the kind of fitting I'm interested in. I'll inquire further. If it's just for the driver I won't bother.

Merged with another thread.

Listen to our radio show with Bridgestone and they talk about exactly why and how they do ball fittings the way they do.
I will. When I had the ball fitting for Titleist, it was outdoors and included a launch monitor. I hit two wedges and a 6-iron, but no driver.

I just spent 46 minutes and one second "talking" to Jeff at Bridgestone via the B-Stone chat feature. It was very enlightening and a great service offered by Bridgestone. This, along with the radio show JB referenced rounds things out very nicely.

Sean,

I went into my fitting with the same thought - I've always focused more on around the green performance and gone back from there. At my fitting I hit only driver. But the results spoke for themselves and my on course performance with the B330-RX does as well. I have much less side-spin off the tee compared to the Z-Star I used to play (because of greenside spin) but I don't lose much at all on full approach shots into the green and only a little spin on chips and pitches - easily adjusted for. The explanation I got in talking with them is that most all of the premium tour balls have similar covers and will react similarly on approach shots and only a little different on chips, but the rest of the ball can make a huge difference off the tee in both distance and control.

I wouldn't cancel doing it just because you only hit driver. They may let you hit other clubs, too, if they aren't super busy, but in my experience - and others - it really isn't that necessary. Good luck.

Sean,

I went into my fitting with the same thought - I've always focused more on around the green performance and gone back from there. At my fitting I hit only driver. But the results spoke for themselves and my on course performance with the B330-RX does as well. I have much less side-spin off the tee compared to the Z-Star I used to play (because of greenside spin) but I don't lose much at all on full approach shots into the green and only a little spin on chips and pitches - easily adjusted for. The explanation I got in talking with them is that most all of the premium tour balls have similar covers and will react similarly on approach shots and only a little different on chips, but the rest of the ball can make a huge difference off the tee in both distance and control.

I wouldn't cancel doing it just because you only hit driver. They may let you hit other clubs, too, if they aren't super busy, but in my experience - and others - it really isn't that necessary. Good luck.
Thanks Pen! I'm glad you posted this...great explanation. :)

I had my ball fitting today. Great experience. The ball that was recommended for me was the B330 RXS. The numbers all bore this out. There was no one else around so the fitter spent quite a bit of time with me. He also fit me for a "casual" round golf ball, which was the E6.

I really liked the RXS. It was the first time I ever hit one and I could feel the difference off the club head. I also liked the new E6. Great experience overall.

I had my ball fitting today. Great experience. The ball that was recommended for me was the B330 RXS. The numbers all bore this out. There was no one else around so the fitter spent quite a bit of time with me. He also fit me for a "casual" round golf ball, which was the E6.

I really liked the RXS. It was the first time I ever hit one and I could feel the difference off the club head. I also liked the new E6. Great experience overall.

So I am assuming you saw more distance?

Yes. Almost 15 yards. Also a better spin rate and trajectory.

Almost 15 yards huh? VERY different than your own testing last week.

Almost 15 yards huh? VERY different than your own testing last week.
Yes, but I wasn't playing an RXS. I was impressed with the launch angle and spin rate numbers, which to me are just as critical.

Yes, but I wasn't playing an RXS. I was impressed with the launch angle and spin rate numbers, which to me are just as critical.

So the RXS would go 15-20 yards further for you than the RX? I assume you hit both on simulator today, was the RX that far behind? That would be staggering.

So the RXS would go 15-20 yards further for you than the RX? I assume you hit both on simulator today, was the RX that far behind? That would be staggering.
No, the RXS was 10 to 15 yards farther than the ProV1x. While the yardage was a surprise what surprised me more was how much better the RXS felt. I'd never hit one before, but as soon as I did I was hoping this would work out to be the ball for me. This was also the ball Jeff recommened for me during the B-Fit chat, though I didn't tell the fitter that until after the fitting. I look forward to putting one in play and seeing how it feels with all of my clubs.

No, the RXS was 10 to 15 yards farther than the ProV1x. While the yardage was a surprise what surprised me more was how much better the RXS felt. I'd never hit one before, but as soon as I did I was hoping this would work out to be the ball for me. This was also the ball Jeff recommened for me during the B-Fit chat, though I didn't tell the fitter that until after the fitting. I look forward to putting one in play and seeing how it feels with all of my clubs.

What I was asking, is that a few days ago, you did your own ball testing and the RX was shorter than many other balls that you tried (not by a lot). Now the RXS is the longest by 10-15 yards over the ProV1X (that was in your testing) that you did measuring with GPS. Im genuinely curious here, because that would translate to the RXS going 15 yards or more passed the RX I would guess (since you did not try it today) which would surprise me as I play both. I would think that the previous testing would be skewed based on weather and how much harder it would be to compress a ball for average swing speeds.

What I was asking, is that a few days ago, you did your own ball testing and the RX was shorter than many other balls that you tried (not by a lot). Now the RXS is the longest by 10-15 yards over the ProV1X (that was in your testing) that you did measuring with GPS. Im genuinely curious here, because that would translate to the RXS going 15 yards or more passed the RX I would guess (since you did not try it today) which would surprise me as I play both. I would think that the previous testing would be skewed based on weather and how much harder it would be to compress a ball for average swing speeds.
I would say you're correct. The wind chill was in the high 20's low 30's according to weather.com, and the wind was quite stiff. My test was unscientific at best. Under those conditions I probably couldn't have compressed a marshmellow. Not to mention I had mutliple layers on and was wearing winter golf gloves. In retrospect any ball probably would have traveled approximately the same distance.

Great Video. I want to get a live ball fitting done. I have looked at the schedule and may go out of town to get one done. The online always comes up with the e6 but I have started playing the 330 RX and I like it better.

Finally have the Bridgestone folks coming into Louisville on May 13th. Hate to wait 6 weeks so I will keep checking to see if they show up before then within an hour or so of Louisville. Online fitting recommends the RX but I don't believe I get any real gains playing the RX instead of the Z Star. Actually get more spin around the green with the Z Star.

Finally have the Bridgestone folks coming into Louisville on May 13th. Hate to wait 6 weeks so I will keep checking to see if they show up before then within an hour or so of Louisville. Online fitting recommends the RX but I don't believe I get any real gains playing the RX instead of the Z Star. Actually get more spin around the green with the Z Star.

That's not really surprising to me. The RX doesn't spin for me as much as some other Tour balls, but that also translates to less spin off the driver for me as well. The RXS would most likely be the spinnier ball if that's what you are looking for.

We have them near my home April 15th. and I'm counting down the days. The gains for me have been in the area of 15/20 yards increase in driver distance with the B330RX over the ProV I was playing.

I did the online fitting this winter and bought the balls. I'm just getting to take it to the course, but in my rounds so far, the results have been great. I lost nothing around the greens spin wise and that is important to me.

I'm really looking forward to the live fitting though and to have a chance to talk to the Bridgestone people about the fittings and balls. Should be great fun.

He also fit me for a "casual" round golf ball, which was the E6.

I don't understand why someone would have a "casual" round ball and a "serious" (?) round ball?

Bridgestone is coming to Columbus in 2 weeks, gonna check it out. Ten yards more with the driver would be fantastic. I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't understand why someone would have a "casual" round ball and a "serious" (?) round ball?

Bridgestone is coming to Columbus in 2 weeks, gonna check it out. Ten yards more with the driver would be fantastic. I'll believe it when I see it.

I actually got more when I when I went from the e5 to the e6 and I have the paperwork in my basement. Finding a ball that gets you the best launch conditions can have an incredible effect on your driver distance.

My home course is very, very tough. On a "normal" course I rarely lose a golf ball. On my home course such is not the case. Even the low single digits struggle a bit. Premium balls aren't cheap.

I actually got more when I when I went from the e5 to the e6 and I have the paperwork in my basement. Finding a ball that gets you the best launch conditions can have an incredible effect on your driver distance.

Now I'm really looking forward to the testing.

Now I'm really looking forward to the testing.

Keep in mind that not everybody will see those kind of results, but if you are playing the wrong ball it will be very apparent.

I've never done a ball fitting before. I had my irons fit and that was pretty cool, but ball fitting is new to me. Has anyone had this done before? and what kind of results did you have?

Back