Boccieri Golf - The Heavy Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While at the PGA Show, THP gave readers a sneak peek at this new driver coming from the people behind Heavy Putter. Well THP has one in its hands now and wanted to show off some pictures.

1234039016_DLsJR-L.jpg

1234039647_iUacY-L.jpg

1234040323_EUUeW-L.jpg

1234039264_s4bEa-L-1.jpg

1234039947_FP4hP-L-1.jpg

1234040580_YFsMB-L-1.jpg

Oh wow, what kind of specs are on that as far as head weight/shaft weight/special shaft to deal with that weight? Their putters are ridiculously heavy!

How heavy is it JB? Most seem to be trying to get lighter and lighter, I can see this being a benefit to the strong, hard swinger.

• Admin
Going off of memory here, but the head and the shaft are not the heavy side of things, it is back weighted with 50 grams though.

Going off of memory here, but the head and the shaft are not the heavy side of things, it is back weighted with 50 grams though.

Thanks, does that mean the grip has a weight in it and what exactly does back weighting do?

I quite like the green alignment aid. How does the club feel just in hand?

Very interesting. I just wish I could see the pics at work.

So is it noticably heavier than your average driver or are they just sticking with the name Heavy Driver to match their Heavy Putter line.

• Admin
So is it noticably heavier than your average driver or are they just sticking with the name Heavy Driver to match their Heavy Putter line.

Look up...hehe

They are backweighted and they do feel heavier.

I held one at the PGA Show and while 'heavier' than a regular driver it's not a battle axe. the green and black shaft is totally sick in person too!
I quite like the green alignment aid. How does the club feel just in hand?

I held one at the PGA Show and while 'heavier' than a regular driver it's not a battle axe. the green and black shaft is totally sick in person too!

it looks pretty sick in the pics. the back weight in the center remindsme of the Razr Hawk

Look up...hehe

They are backweighted and they do feel heavier.

Ooops my bad. I a little curious to see what benefits you would see from the back weighting if any at all. Seems to be similar in shape to some Adams driver's as far as the really deep looking square face.

Looking forward to hopefully giving this one some swings. Would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit skeptical, but I'd definitley give it a fair shake. I really like the looks of it.

I'd love to see a THP review done on it so we can get a real comparison to all of the lighter drivers that have come out recently, as well as if the back weighting makes much of a difference in feel.

I'd love to see a THP review done on it so we can get a real comparison to all of the lighter drivers that have come out recently, as well as if the back weighting makes much of a difference in feel.

Your wish is our command.

I really like this driver in theory. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I love their putters and wedges.

Looking forward to the review, these caught my eye when I saw pics of them from the pga show earlier this year. Nowhere local carries them though.

I too will be very interested in the results of the testing/review. I picked up one of the wedges at the outing last year on a whim, and a round later, I had bought two of them. They are a touch awkward on full swings, so really curious to how they have designed the driver and irons.

a lot of people find that backweigting can move where a person contacts there driver from heel hits out toward the center. if you watch closely on tv you will see that sergio has most of his clubs backweighted. i have tried this out on my drivers before and i had mixed results, but it did help to eliminate my heel hits from the driver.

a lot of people find that backweigting can move where a person contacts there driver from heel hits out toward the center. if you watch closely on tv you will see that sergio has most of his clubs backweighted. i have tried this out on my drivers before and i had mixed results, but it did help to eliminate my heel hits from the driver.

He does? We watched them build his driver and I never saw them backweight the club towards the grip. Hmmm, let me see what I can find out about this, that would be very interesting to see him have a weight on the butt end of his club.

i can't say for certain what he is doing in his woods, but his wedges are 100% for sure backweighted and from what i saw on tv last week it looked like he had the irons done as well.

Is "backweighting" weight in grip? Wouldn't that throw the swingweight way off? Does that even matter? So many questions .... lol

Is "backweighting" weight in grip? Wouldn't that throw the swingweight way off? Does that even matter? So many questions .... lol

it lowers the swingweight on the scale but raises the overall weight of the club. because the weight is beneath your hands in reality it does not change the balance point of the club. it is mainly just some extra weight near your hands that helps some people feel their swing better.

don't know if you ever found out for sure on sergios driver JB, but i saw some pics of him on the range with a counter balance in a driver, not sure if it was the gamer though.

Back