Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowing like crazy right now. 4-6" expected. Damn. We had grass showing yesterday. Guess I'll go shovel the drive. Its the heavy wet stuff too. This on top of the 1-2" of slushy stuff frozen on the road from last night.

Omg...sooooo annoyed right now!!!! It's 15-17*C and beautifully sunny here in the UK right now, and I'm bloody well stuck inside with a busted back. Would LOVE to be out there playing golf atm!!!

wore shorts out today... weatherman said it would be mid 70s
it was 50 if that
thanks weatherdouche

was 70* sunday...6 inches of snow last night with more on the way tonight. I hate the northeast.

It's snowing. This is also a rant.

It's snowing. This is also a rant.

I feel your pain its was snowing here this morning also, according to the weather part of the same system. It has yet to break into the 40's today.

looks like tues is gonna me my only window to play for the whole week

I have only had time to go to the outside range once. I went to the range for the first time outside last week then BOOM, snow again up here!!! Have had about 8-10" of snow this last week!

For Christmas, I got a CG15 56* and 60* used from 3balls.com. I just took my drivers and CG 15 56* and 60* wedges to the range. I brought my Nike Slingshot 56* as a comparison. I loved the CG 15 60*, but I hit my Nike Slingshot 56* better than the CG 15 56*!!! I was very surprised. I'll have to try them both on the course to see how they perform for me in 'real' life....IF IT DOESN'T SNOW AGAIN!!!!!!

As far as drivers, I brought the Cobra L5V 10.5 with a Diamana 50 shaft R flex (which I also got at 3balls.com), my TM r7 quad 10.5* with a M.A.S 65 shaft S flex and my Cleveland Launcher 10.5 with a stock Launcher stiff shaft. I was expecting the Cobra to do better, but the Cleveland consistently went straighter and further. The Cobra's R shaft might have to be changed.

I'm so rusty that I think I'll just go to the range for a while and let the courses near me dry out!

it is absolutely craptastic outside right now

It needs to freaking warm up here in Indiana. A couple weeks ago we had several nice days and I got a couple 9-hole rounds in. Then it went back to being in the 30's and low 40's. I finally got all my golf balls in the mail that I ordered, and I just picked up my new golf bag a few days ago, so now that I have been sitting there looking at my clubs nicely placed in my bag I am even more excited for the warm weather to be here! Come on, man!

We had a nice warm up a couple weeks ago, melted the snow and the courses and ranges opened up but it's been cold ever since. This week we start to warm back up a little (50s on Friday) so we've already got a tee time and hopefully we can continue to stay in the 50s for a while.

SW Ohio has had some on again off again nice weather.

Already this year I have 4 rounds in, whereas last year this time, it was only 1.

I hope to get at least 27 holes this weekend, before the guys trip to Louisville next weekend and another 54 holes

It's pretty much always golfing weather here in Hawaii. This time of year the Tradewinds are really kickin though and there is quite a bit of rain. The upside is that I get to learn to play in the wind and rain. But the down side is that I NEED to learn to play in the rain and wind! The wind is so bad here that it can visually push a putt way offline and you have to take that into account. And forget about a good drive unless your on one of those lucky wind at your back holes. Then you can expect to blast a 300 yarder with a good stroke!!!

absolutely perfect today with the exception of the stupid wind and my horrendous swing
the rest of the week looks like a wash out tho

50* today so I got in 18. Could have rain/snow showers later this evening and early tomorrow.

50 but it's pretty much a soaker with the jet stream right above us. Doesn't look like I'll be doing men's club today...

supposed to get up to 55 today though it looks like its going to hover right aorund 51-52. Looking forward to playing 9 with my dad this afternoon before the snow/wintry mix comes in thursday night. Hopefully its not too bad and I can get out for a few practice rounds this weekend.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
Today is supposed to be +10C... but then Friday or Saturday is +5C with 10-15cm of snow... how does that work?

70 degrees 10 days ago, and now I stare out the window at SNOW??

really?? I hate ohio, but its supposed to get up into the high 50's this weekend at least

70 degrees 10 days ago, and now I stare out the window at SNOW??

really?? I hate ohio, but its supposed to get up into the high 50's this weekend at least

Same here. No golf this week after it was close to 70 ten days ago. Plus we just had a snow flurry move through.

2 range sessions and 1 poor weather round of golf since I wrapped last year in the first week of November. The itch is bad.

so in goood ole NE Ohio it decided to dump snow so that i cant see the grass anymore................sweet :banghead:

i teed off today in a mist then by the time i got to my approach shot on the 9th hole the sky opened up and it poured buckets... i was putting for par in the rain hahaha

Not good today. Felt much cooler than the 42* high temp. Spotty for golfing at best based on the forecast for the next 10 days.

90* 30mph winds and high humidity...Morgan Cuppers beware. It's only March, yall may want to stop playing in simulators and start practicing in saunas.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back