IOMIC Putter Grips and More...

Mardin

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new putter grip for a while. I'm partial to large/oversize putter grips and have tried a few that I really like, one of which is the IOMIC large grip. I really like the feel of them but am open to just about anything at this point. I've also tried the Golf Pride grips (wasn't a big fan of a few of the putter grips I tried). If any of you have played or play the Iomic grips or play a grip that you couldn't live without I'd love to hear about them. Also, please point me into the direction of other grip companies that I may have not tried of heard of. Thanks all!

I am also a big fan of the IOMIC. I like the harder grip because it gived me more feel

Im in the minority in that I just do not like Iomic grips to save my life. I prefer a softer putting grip and like Winn.

I too think you are on the right path with the Iomic. One of the fitters at the Kingdom had a midsize Iomic on his putter and it just felt so good to me. I don't like the soft squishy putter grips that come standard on a lot of putters.

I too think you are on the right path with the Iomic. One of the fitters at the Kingdom had a midsize Iomic on his putter and it just felt so good to me. I don't like the soft squishy putter grips that come standard on a lot of putters.

I love the hard edges of the midsized Iomic. The large Ioic is OK too I'm just not big on rounded edges. I also love my carbetta Gripmaster Stitchbacks too....love.

JB and I are opposites on grips though I think lol, he likes the soft Winns and not the Iomics or Stitchbacks, I'm the opposite. Thats again an example of why I love putters, so personal!

If you like Iomics you should try Premio putter grips. They are very similar but only cost 6-7 bucks. I have iomic grips on all of my putters and I have premio grips on the rest of my clubs.

If you like Iomics you should try Premio putter grips. They are very similar but only cost 6-7 bucks. I have iomic grips on all of my putters and I have premio grips on the rest of my clubs.

funny you say that, I just picked up 10 Premio grips

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. I will have to check out the Premio grips and Winn grip line. In the meantime keep the suggestions coming!

If you really like the feel of a large grip, I am a big fan of the Tigershark grip. Not so much the super stroke, but this grip and putter combo has saved me a lot of strokes lately.

Even though I could benefit from a larger grip, I have been using Ping Mans forever. It's just a very solid grip that offers great control and feel. They hold up much longer than Winns. The durability of Iomics is supposed to be very good as well.

I'm with JB...I'm not a fan of the Iomic putter grips. For one, when they get dirty/gritty on the course, they are very difficult to get clean. After that, it's like putting with a sand paper grip (an expensive sand paper grip at that).

I have an Iomic midsize grip on my putter, and love it. It is lightweight, gives GREAT feedback, and just plain feels good in my hands. I've gone through so many other mid-size and oversize putter grips that I forget them all - the Iomic to me is the best by far.

I use the Large/Oversized Iomic and wouldnt change it for the world, its bigger but its not Jumbo sized like some of them, they are very durable as well with great feel. I have had one on every putter i have had over the last 2 years and it will probably be the only putter grip i use from now on. They are that good

i looked at a tiger shark grip today. i read that ole gray had bought one and after trying one i might get one too. it felt really good to me.

I like the Iomic aboslute putter grip. Not smooth like most Iomics but still has great feel.

Remember that the IOMIC putter grips come in 2 sizes, M & L. The "L" is MUCH softer and is actually made of different material then the M.

Remember that the IOMIC putter grips come in 2 sizes, M & L. The "L" is MUCH softer and is actually made of different material then the M.

The basic L putter grip didn't seem any softer or harder than the M. They have different styles, one of which is slightly softer.

Has anyone had any success with the Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize? I went to look at grips at lunch and this guys stood out and felt really solid.

I was just about to mention that one AHA turned me on to those recently. Also the Winn mid-size pistol is very nice if you like a tacky grip and little larger grip, actually all the Winn putter grips are pretty nice for that matter, I've got an extra one laying around here somewhere. I put a Lamkin 3Gen pistol on my cleveland and really like the feel of it, close to an Iomic without the hassle to keep it clean. I have an Iomic on my Odyssey that I love but as TC mentioned it's a bear to keep clean.

Has anyone had any success with the Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize? I went to look at grips at lunch and this guys stood out and felt really solid.

I was just about to mention that one AHA turned me on to those recently. Also the Winn mid-size pistol is very nice if you like a tacky grip and little larger grip, actually all the Winn putter grips are pretty nice for that matter, I've got an extra one laying around here somewhere. I put a Lamkin 3Gen pistol on my cleveland and really like the feel of it, close to an Iomic without the hassle to keep it clean. I have an Iomic on my Odyssey that I love but as TC mentioned it's a bear to keep clean.

You got one of the new Ghost putters right? What are you putting on that.

You got one of the new Ghost putters right? What are you putting on that.

I like the stock grips on that one, so I will leave that one alone.

I like the stock grips on that one, so I will leave that one alone.

I'm getting the Daytona. I wasn't a huge fan of the stock grips. The putter I loved the grips, ehhh. I was thinking about the Large White Iomics.

I'm getting the Daytona. I wasn't a huge fan of the stock grips. The putter I loved the grips, ehhh. I was thinking about the Large White Iomics.

No doubt a great grip dude, but trust me when I say do not lay it down anywhere there may be sand, may have been sand, or could ever be sand, and do not wear a black glove with that white grip...ever.

Spoiler
Ever

I love the feel of these things! AWESOMEEEE! They are so expensive though.

I have one on my C&L but I really do not like the grip at all. Grass and sand stick to it like crazy. Playing in winter months with dormant grass its a nightmare trying to keep it clean. It always feels dirty to me no matter the season.

Back