Callaway Golf Balls - An In Depth Look

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with their weekly show and it is filled with great information. THP welcomes Callaway Golf to the show to discuss golf balls.

On this episode:
What is new for Callaway golf balls in 2011?
How does one find the right ball for them?
How much R&D goes into the making of golf balls?
And so much more

As always you can listen to it streaming right here as well as download it from here. THP Radio shows are also available at ITunes.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12973

I can't wait to listen to this. I've used the Diablo HX Tour for the last 2 days and liked it.

Very cool! I am going to be listening to this today for sure

JB, just listened to the show. Great show really in-depth. Did they say how we can distiguish between the 2010 and 2011 Tour(i)s and Tour(i)z? Is it marked on the box? Is marked on the ball?

• Admin
JB, just listened to the show. Great show really in-depth. Did they say how we can distiguish between the 2010 and 2011 Tour(i)s and Tour(i)z? Is it marked on the box? Is marked on the ball?

Nothing on packaging was covered.

Good show jb and gg. I want to try the diablo and diablo tour to see how they play.

A combination of the Hot Plus and the Hot Bite...interesting.

I have sales meetings most of the day but this radio show is top on the list. Great timing for the video, I needed a look into the Callaway ball line!!

I am very intersted in the Tour IS after listening to the show. Very insightful.

Callaway does some of the best radio shows with you all. Love the advice about first checking your ball when you're tinkering with launch angles and what not. I liked how he explained spin and how some of us may not really in fact be taking advantage of the spin on the greens even though we think we do.

I'm pretty torn over the i(z) and HX Diablo Tour for different reasons. Any idea as to suggested SS's? The i(z) packaging suggests it covers a wide range but I was just wondering where it fell.

Great show JB and Golfer Gal. I played Callaways in the past but wasn't impressed with their durability. Any idea if this has improved at all?

Great show JB and Golfer Gal. I played Callaways in the past but wasn't impressed with their durability. Any idea if this has improved at all?

According to them, it is definitely improved.

I can agree with this. Play the i(z) for 9 holes and it's barely scuffed. Play the JAWS wedges and they normally eat balls alive. The HX Diablo Tour had some scuffs but nothing bad.

According to them, it is definitely improved.

Nothing on packaging was covered.

yea i know, I was just hoping, because if you are going to pay that much just would just like to have the latest version, would it make a difference? I dont know.

I can agree with this. Play the i(z) for 9 holes and it's barely scuffed. Play the JAWS wedges and they normally eat balls alive. The HX Diablo Tour had some scuffs but nothing bad.

That's encouraging. Looks like I am going to have to pick up a pack and put them through their paces.

It was definitely a good feeling. I would put it on par with the B330S durability. I played a Tour i(s) I found for over 18 holes as well. It had definitely been used prior but wasn't easy to scuff.

That's encouraging. Looks like I am going to have to pick up a pack and put them through their paces.

It was definitely a good feeling. I would put it on par with the B330S durability. I played a Tour i(s) I found for over 18 holes as well. It had definitely been used prior but wasn't easy to scuff.

That's pretty much the reason I switched. I was blowing through the old Callaway balls. At 4 bucks a pop that's an expensive little habit.

The Tour i(z) is a great ball so far. Its been very durable so far and Id compare it to the B330RX.

I feel ya lol. Hopefully they work out for you. I really think a lot of people should check out their offerings. They will be pleasently surprised imo. You don't usually see alot of love for their golfball.

That's pretty much the reason I switched. I was blowing through the old Callaway balls. At 4 bucks a pop that's an expensive little habit.

Tuning in now and I can't wait to hear this one.

I am very intersted in the Tour IS after listening to the show. Very insightful.

Me too :D
I've been looking for an excuse to quit hitting ProV1's and this show gave me good enough reason.

What an informative show up to this point. It's nice to have GG back on the air as well!!!

I'm intrigued by the i(s) and Diablo Tour immensely.

I don't think you could go wrong with either dude.

What an informative show up to this point. It's nice to have GG back on the air as well!!!

I'm intrigued by the i(s) and Diablo Tour immensely.

This is the year of the makeover. I get a ball fitting along with the driver fitting I plan to do. These will be on the list for sure.

I don't think you could go wrong with either dude.

I think I should play exactly what Phil plays dude! That would be the right thing to do.

Back