jt2929

Equipment Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
golf
Well I just got back from my first outing at my local course today. We only played 9 because it was raining buckets at the turn. The best part of the day was before the round though. We dropped our bags outside of the clubhouse as usual and went in to pay for our rounds. We were in there maybe 5 or 10 minutes, chatting with the course superintendent. When we came outside I noticed my 3-wood sticking halfway out of my bag. Upon closer review, my new R11 was missing! We couldn't believe it, and immediately notified the guys in the clubhouse. I was beyond mad as this was the first time I was going to use it on the course, and that's $500+ down the drain. There are no cameras or anything outside, so I guess someone got away with a new driver. It's not going to be fun playing with a 3-wood all year from the tee. I guess it is my fault for leaving my bag outside, but everyone does it and to my knowledge there has never been an issue. Can't wait to tell the wife!

So, anyone else have stories like this?

That SUCKS!
Man I feel for you big time.
I hope there was a witness and they catch the guy and do awful things to him.

Did you file a police report? or have your receipt and serial number available?

This happened to me 2 years ago and except my entire bag went missing. Then it happened a month later where my driver was taken. I have learned one thing from all of this. Use a Daphnes Headcover. It might sound weird, but someone is less likely to take something that they dont know what it is.

It is awful that people would do this.

I am so sorry to hear this. That sucks! I've never heard of anyone having clubs stolen at the course before, and I've returned and seen returned many, many clubs left out on the course by mistake. I'd be beside myself. Man, people suck!

Well I just got back from my first outing at my local course today. We only played 9 because it was raining buckets at the turn. The best part of the day was before the round though. We dropped our bags outside of the clubhouse as usual and went in to pay for our rounds. We were in there maybe 5 or 10 minutes, chatting with the course superintendent. When we came outside I noticed my 3-wood sticking halfway out of my bag. Upon closer review, my new R11 was missing! We couldn't believe it, and immediately notified the guys in the clubhouse. I was beyond mad as this was the first time I was going to use it on the course, and that's $500+ down the drain. There are no cameras or anything outside, so I guess someone got away with a new driver. It's not going to be fun playing with a 3-wood all year from the tee. I guess it is my fault for leaving my bag outside, but everyone does it and to my knowledge there has never been an issue. Can't wait to tell the wife!

So, anyone else have stories like this?

That's BS. Sorry that happened to you. Keep an eye on Craigslist to see if pops up for sale on there. Never had clubs stolen but when I was younger I used to play a city course a lot and twice I had the stereo stolen out of my car while I was playing.

Man that sucks... sorry to hear that.

That sucks! I had my whole set and even spikes stolen from me last fall. I had to get a whole new set!

Hopefully the guys in the clubhouse will keep an eye for you because that is some BS that there are people stealing clubs right out of your bag. I would hope that the course would do something since it could give them a bad name too if they get a reputation for having peoples clubs stolen there.

Yeah man that really sucks! Most that play are gentlemen, but I guess not all! ugh, I can't imagine what I'd do but complain to the course. I guess I won't be leaving my bag at any bag drop area myself from now on unless there is a course employee there.

So sorry to hear this JT...

*my wife would be pretty pissed, I likely wouldn't be able to purchase any new equipment for a while...

Twice i have had clubs stolen, once my whole bag out of my car and the other my 52 wedge. My 52 was when I was younger. Left my bag in the bag line for the turn and someone swiped my wedge.

Here's an idea for you. Check your homeowners policy. When my whole bag was stolen I lived with my parents. They were able to put a claim through their homeowners to get me new clubs. I mean you'll have to lie a little but see if it's possible depending on your deductible.

OH NO! That's terrible! We had a customer just come in - someone stole his Cleveland 54*, low bounce, non conforming wedge out of his bag when he went into the club house. He's on the hunt for a new one, but since he wants non conforming, it's a tough find. We can hook you up with an R11 deal if you want to get another one - PM me - I'll try to get you a good price.

Awful news dude! Just awful.

I pity the fool that snags my driver, he'll be running like hell, get to where he's going, take the headcover off, and BOOM! left handed club. I've had some clubs stolen out of my car, I called my insurance company and they covered what went missing.

Are you sure your driver wasn't stolen from your car?

Did you file a police report? or have your receipt and serial number available?

I did not file a police report, but I will. I didnt think about it at the time, i was too mad. I do have the receipt and the serial number is on there I believe.

Sorry to hear man....probably always a fear for many of us as you feel helpless with clubs unattended outside. Just hope that karma catches this person if authorities never do.

That is terrible, dude. Most renters insurance/homeowners insurance covers 'off premises' personal property. For instance, when I was in college, if my laptop had been stolen while at school, it was covered by my renters insurance. Of course, it also depends on what the deductible would be too. If the deductible is $500, that obviously doesn't do you any good.

I bet I never leave my bag outside where I can't see it from within the clubhouse anymore.

Awful news dude! Just awful.

Are you sure your driver wasn't stolen from your car?

Positive, I was showing it off to my playing partners in the parking lot!

OH NO! That's terrible! We had a customer just come in - someone stole his Cleveland 54*, low bounce, non conforming wedge out of his bag when he went into the club house. He's on the hunt for a new one, but since he wants non conforming, it's a tough find. We can hook you up with an R11 deal if you want to get another one - PM me - I'll try to get you a good price.

Thanks Patty, but after my Gambler purchase, the R11, and a few other clubs, I don't think I will be able to get another driver. I do appreciate it.

Twice i have had clubs stolen, once my whole bag out of my car and the other my 52 wedge. My 52 was when I was younger. Left my bag in the bag line for the turn and someone swiped my wedge.

Here's an idea for you. Check your homeowners policy. When my whole bag was stolen I lived with my parents. They were able to put a claim through their homeowners to get me new clubs. I mean you'll have to lie a little but see if it's possible depending on your deductible.

I thought of our insurance, but our homeowners and auto deductibles are more or equal to what a new one would be, so it wouldn't be worth it.

JT sorry to hear that man. That just pisses me off and I'm sure you're even more pissed off. PM me I have a Dymo Str8 Fit I can send to ya while you sort out the other stuff.

That's horrible, what course were you at jt?

It's no R11 but I have a Big Bertha Diablo driver just sitting around you are more than welcome to if you want it, regular flex 11*. PM me if you want it, I'll send it out to you.

JT sorry to hear that man. That just pisses me off and I'm sure you're even more pissed off. PM me I have a Dymo Str8 Fit I can send to ya while you sort out the other stuff.

absolute awsome gesture man. this is why i love thp so much the family of members

I thought of our insurance, but our homeowners and auto deductibles are more or equal to what a new one would be, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Deductibles are killer at times. You could say you also had other items equaling to the amount of your deductible stolen as well. :wink:

Man it makes my stomach turn just reading that. Its not even my stuff but I feel some anger right now haha. Our clubhouse is elevated with lots of windows so I always place my bag where I can still have a view of it from inside. Sorry to hear it man, hopefully karma catches up to that punk in a bad way.

That's horrible, what course were you at jt?

It's no R11 but I have a Big Bertha Diablo driver just sitting around you are more than welcome to if you want it, regular flex 11*. PM me if you want it, I'll send it out to you.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, but I don't want to take someone else's club. I just wouldn't feel right about it. Honorable gestures though, and this is why the THP community is the best.

MudFlap, I don't want to name the course because I don't want to give it a bad rap, but I don't think there are many open in our area right now if you want to figure it out.

Man that's horrible! JB that is a good suggestion to use a different headcover so people don't know what you're playing with. I hope that person gets what they deserve.

I have a Nike Sasquatch sumo that isn't being used anymore. 9.5* with an aldila nvs-75 reg shaft in it if you would like. (PM me if interested)

My jaw just dropped reading that story. Just wow how can someone get away with that and live with themselves. It's okay though, what goes around comes around.

Back