Heel & Arch Support

DCNatFan

Reaction score
Handicap
I have tried nearly every brand of shoes (Adidas, FJ, Puma, etc) and no matter the brand I end up with sore heels and arches after walking 18 holes. Since I always walk this is really beginning to annoy me.

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem and can recommend any type/brand of inserts that may help out. I should mention that I have very flat feet.

Any suggestions.

I have tough heels and the best I have tried is the adidas adiPure for heel cushioning. For arch support, and still offering great heel cushioning, the best I have tried is the Nike Lunar control.

Quick question, you mention trying brands, but have you tried some of the better models or different models?

My problem is lack of arch support. I use Superfeet in all my footwear, including my golf shoes. I can't believe the difference these have made for me.

JB,

I have the adiPure that I bought at the beginning of last season, which I hoped would solve the problem. Just walked of the course after wearing them today and my heels are killing me. I also have a pair of Adicomfort and Powerband 3.0. Never been a fan of the Nike shoes but maybe I need to give them a shot. Wish you could demo shoes for a rounds like you can with clubs.

My problem is lack of arch support. I use Superfeet in all my footwear, including my golf shoes. I can't believe the difference these have made for me.

insoles are awesome. I had to get them in all my shoes.

JB,

I have the adiPure that I bought at the beginning of last season, which I hoped would solve the problem. Just walked of the course after wearing them today and my heels are killing me. I also have a pair of Adicomfort and Powerband 3.0. Never been a fan of the Nike shoes but maybe I need to give them a shot. Wish you could demo shoes for a rounds like you can with clubs.

When you say your heels are killing you, is it like you stepped on something and its a nerve thing? Or more around the heel and laterally? Are you sure you are properly sized? More questions, do you run or walk in tennis shoes? Do you get sore heels after that and have you thought about a sneaker style shoe?

Not a nerve thing, more around the heel. I have been fitted so don't think it is a size thing. I do run daily in adidas running shoes with no pain.

Which sneaker shoes do you recommend? Not a fan of how many of them look but rather be comfortable than fashionable.

Not a nerve thing, more around the heel. I have been fitted so don't think it is a size thing. I do run daily in adidas running shoes with no pain.

Which sneaker shoes do you recommend? Not a fan of how many of them look but rather be comfortable than fashionable.

I recently got the adidas Tech Response 3.0 and really like them. Wore them last Saturday and walked 45 holes with no issues: http://www.golfsmith.com/products/3...h_Response_3.0_-_White/Khaki/Black_Golf_Shoes

I would look at the adidas running shoe style golf shoe that still offers thin tech. I believe its the response. Being an "around the ankle" thing I would think it is about padding and fit in the back right below the achilles, but that is just a guess.

I picked up a pair of the Superfeet inserts and plan to try them out this weekend (if weather holds up). I will report back with results.

Good call on the Superfeet, I worked a longtime in a sporting goods store and you'd be suprised at how well these work. They basically support your foot in all the right spots to reduce fatigue and strain on the foot. As well the plastic cup in the heels help hold the natural padding in the heel in the correct spot. Hope they work out well for you!

The best Ive found is the Dryjoy. The ones with the aluminum insert under the arch. They have a composit looking arch on the outside like this.

FTJ53523_175-01.jpg

The best Ive found is the Dryjoy. The ones with the aluminum insert under the arch. They have a composit looking arch on the outside like this.

FTJ53523_175-01.jpg

Can you tell me what you have compared them to? Curious here, because I might be in the minority, but I did not find the DryJoy model with the insert very comfortable. I thought the leather was harder and the heel support (and softness) to be quite lacking to me.

Tried the Superfeet inserts in my adiPures yesterday and was disappointed with the result - not any improvement over the inserts that came with the shoe. Still same problem with heel and arch support. Might have to try some of the sneaker style shoes.

The new Adidas comfort shoes are working well for me and the price point is around $80 or $90. I too have flat feet and wear orthodics in them.

Back