Miura Adam Barr Interview

Really? Look up!

haha...MY BAD!!! I am listening right now and about 1/4 of the way through he says it himself....that they need to get them in peoples hands to see for themselves, but they wont be participating in demo day. I am confused. Sounds like a Titleist move.

That is a shame on no Miura clubs at Demo Day. I'm lucky to have Chip Usher @ Usher Golf (Miura Technical Advisor) almost in my backyard to be able to get anything Miura that is available for me.

haha...MY BAD!!! I am listening right now and about 1/4 of the way through he says it himself....that they need to get them in peoples hands to see for themselves, but they wont be participating in demo day. I am confused. Sounds like a Titleist move.

Looking back at this I guess I am still confused as to why they will not be participating at the demo day. Did we ever get a reason? I was very excited to demo these clubs.

I tweeted Adam @ABarrMiuraGolf and asked if they would consider sending stuff. I hope they change their mind.

That is a shame on no Miura clubs at Demo Day. I'm lucky to have Chip Usher @ Usher Golf (Miura Technical Advisor) almost in my backyard to be able to get anything Miura that is available for me.

That means they embrace the lefties dude. I like it!

That means they embrace the lefties dude. I like it!

right, but the arent willing to send any of that lefty love to demo day?!?! You still like it?

right, but the arent willing to send any of that lefty love to demo day?!?! You still like it?

Nope, and I asked Mr. Barr to reconsider his stance via Twitter.

I was thinking the same One T. I would love to get my hands on one of their K grind wedges. If it's as easy as they say, I could see many people wanting that in their bags. They want to get their equipment into more peoples hands, seems like a no brainer to me!

Looking back at this I guess I am still confused as to why they will not be participating at the demo day. Did we ever get a reason? I was very excited to demo these clubs.

They are like Titleist and like to have a rep present. I pm JB earlier asking the same question.

TC, I don't have irons anymore but you can test my Miura wedges if we get to play in the summer for sure. Hopefully I'll have a new set.

They are like Titleist and like to have a rep present. I pm JB earlier asking the same question.

We have had Titleist equipment in some form at every demo day we have ever done.

Ok.... they like to have a rep present at a Demo Day... Is that better? :act-up:

Nope, and I asked Mr. Barr to reconsider his stance via Twitter.

me too!! hahaha...you tweeted the wrong person.

I was thinking the same One T. I would love to get my hands on one of their K grind wedges. If it's as easy as they say, I could see many people wanting that in their bags. They want to get their equipment into more peoples hands, seems like a no brainer to me!

I would love to see and hit some of their stuff.

Yeah, but even Titleist sends some stuff. Not much but in this case ANYTHING is better than nothing.

No, it's not better, but I get what you're saying.

I'm surprised they actually make lefty clubs to be honest. Set of cavity (baby cavity at that) :D, tourney blades, putter, and line of wedges. I would like to try driver/woods but they aren't available in LH.

Last edited:
I just would love to be able to get that Miura feel everyone talks about. It would be great in a no pressure situation as well.

As it turns out there North American office is about 15 to 20 minutes from my office. Maybe I should go knock on the door for you guys.

Though I now entirely understand what Mr. Barr was saying on the radio show. I had a chance to hit a clients wedges the other day and fell in love. Gorgeous feel and super low bounce which as a picker I very much appriciate. They've certainly moved to the front of the wedge queue for now.

As it turns out there North American office is about 15 to 20 minutes from my office. Maybe I should go knock on the door for you guys.

Though I now entirely understand what Mr. Barr was saying on the radio show. I had a chance to hit a clients wedges the other day and fell in love. Gorgeous feel and super low bounce which as a picker I very much appriciate. They've certainly moved to the front of the wedge queue for now.

Since you made this comment then you are now required to stop by their office for us. haha

Since you made this comment then you are now required to stop by their office for us. haha

Adam Barr who is head of the entire thing is an Orlando guy.

It was more or less a joke, but have Hawk drop in on him.

It was more or less a joke, but have Hawk drop in on him.

Not a bad idea. I too was kidding clearly. I would be lying if I said I was not a little disappointed that they will not be in the hands of THPers at the demo day. I mean Mr. Barr said right on the show the goal was to get them in the hands of more consumers and what better way than this?

But we will still celebrate the TONS of equipment companies that support the demo day by giving them 100% honest and unbiased reviews and truly one of the ONLY all consumer demo day.

Not a bad idea. I too was kidding clearly. I would be lying if I said I was not a little disappointed that they will not be in the hands of THPers at the demo day. I mean Mr. Barr said right on the show the goal was to get them in the hands of more consumers and what better way than this? But we will still celebrate the TONS of equipment companies that support the demo day by giving them 100% honest and unbiased reviews and truly one of the ONLY all consumer demo day.

I think thi sis where I am most confused about it. When I heard the show, I got all excited that he will participate, so it was a HUGE surprise to find out otherwise. Maybe he will see that we are truly interested and still send some stuff.

Curses! Foiled again.

Edit:
I understand if they don't want to send the irons but I really think they would do well in a wedge shootout (or I'm just seduced by their dull blackness) if they sent some. However I doubt there will be any shortage of awesome stuff for you guys to try as it is.

How does one in Birmingham, AL go about trying to be fit for a set of Miura irons?

Back