Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we made a good move many years ago to stick with IBM servers. Our data centers are filled with 3650s and M2s. Although most of our clients that have their servers on-site have 3650s and M2s, there are a few that still have their old 346s, etc. I was sad to see IBM leave the laptop biz though - my work laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad and it's a piece of junk.

Agreed on both counts Bonk, though some of the higher end Lenovo's aren't that bad. The T510's have been pretty compairible to the IBM iterations in most regards. I still think it's silly that the Lenovo exec's thought they could sell more notebooks under their name then the IBM name but whatever.

Do you guys do hosting on company owned boxes as well? We've seen some interesting things with a R&D company running with the next x3690's with the memory add on compartment. They're running 300 active VM servers that are all doing SQL calculations at the same time. It was cool to begin with but then we got this a wicked awesome storage device so that they can run about 500 VM's at the same time from one server (the storage device runs SSD's and is programmed in such a way that the I/O's don't drop when the storage is filled up like a NetApp or Equalogic).

The day after a break up wtf. At least it's not ugly but man wtf.

Pulling for ya mate!
We always have space on the Canadian left coast and lots of tech jobs if you need it. Plus you know, a lot of hotties and all of that.

Agreed on both counts Bonk, though some of the higher end Lenovo's aren't that bad. The T510's have been pretty compairible to the IBM iterations in most regards. I still think it's silly that the Lenovo exec's thought they could sell more notebooks under their name then the IBM name but whatever.

Do you guys do hosting on company owned boxes as well? We've seen some interesting things with a R&D company running with the next x3690's with the memory add on compartment. They're running 300 active VM servers that are all doing SQL calculations at the same time. It was cool to begin with but then we got this a wicked awesome storage device so that they can run about 500 VM's at the same time from one server (the storage device runs SSD's and is programmed in such a way that the I/O's don't drop when the storage is filled up like a NetApp or Equalogic).

Pulling for ya mate!
We always have space on the Canadian left coast and lots of tech jobs if you need it. Plus you know, a lot of hotties and all of that.

pffffft

... sitting here since Monday at 10am without any new work to do... bored out of my freaking mind!

Lol. Canada does have some. Jobs and hotties ha!

Pulling for ya mate!

Dude! Jaime Pressly? She's canadian right? LOL.

I say lets all leave work, Ill pick up black ops and we'll have a party. HAHA.

... sitting here since Monday at 10am without any new work to do... bored out of my freaking mind!

Lol. Canada does have some. Jobs and hotties ha!

Dude! Jaime Pressly? She's canadian right? LOL.

I say lets all leave work, Ill pick up black ops and we'll have a party. HAHA.

she is from north Carolina. We dated in high school

Lunch is over, gotta go back to work ughhhh

*searches for Andrea's #*

KIDDING!!!! That sucks man....but look at it this way....more time to be on THP in peace and more money to spend on golf stuff....so when are you coming East to play with us Yanks?

The day after a break up wtf. At least it's not ugly but man wtf.

KIDDING!!!! That sucks man....but look at it this way....more time to be on THP in peace and more money to spend on golf stuff....so when are you coming East to play with us Yanks?

same thing I was wondering. It's too hot to prepare for the MC in Phoenix during the summer

Lol thanks man. Yeah it was pretty chill. I mean it sucked real bad but it was for the right reasons. She is a great person and I'm sure we will still talk but ya know, still sucks lol.

I am so sorry Yoccos! If you ever need an east coast escape you have a place to crash.

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

Do I need to go on? : p

Plus Vancouver is like the Califonia of Canada. All the hotties come here to lie on the beaches

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

Plus Vancouver is like the Califonia of Canada. All the hotties come here to lie on the beaches

hahaha. I hope you know I was kidding

6 no's 2 maybes & 1 yes

:D

Lol!!!!!!! Dude she is awesome though haha. I need to make a coast to coast trip lol.

Pffffffft 121 is as high as I go for temps. Anything above that is turrable. I get more playing time in during the heat. Its like $10 to play! lol.

same thing I was wondering. It's too hot to prepare for the MC in Phoenix during the summer

Thanks GG :) I think a little tour de east coast might be in order. Just need to get a few other things settled and it's a must!

I am so sorry Yoccos! If you ever need an east coast escape you have a place to crash.

Nelly!!!!!!!

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

More importantly, Elisha Cuthbert is Calgarian...
Also, your hotties lying on the beach are probably trying to sleep off their buzz/hangover/somehow found themselves there after their magic carpet ride through the mountains. :D

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

Out of curiosity, how many on that list still live there? And you are forgetting one major thing....

Spoiler
Its still in Canada....The 51st state the US just has not had a need for yet....HaHa

Pulling for ya mate!

We host only servers that have our OS and applications running on them. 500 VMs on one server? Wow. Saves a lot of space on the DC floor. What storage devices are you using? Last time I checked we were still usiing EMC's Clariion units.

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Estella Warren
Natasha Henstridge
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Elisha Cuthbert

You forgot Michael Jackson!

Nelly!!!!!!!

When I lived in Victoria, she was 4 doors down from us. Use to come over and sing for our garage band. Nice girl.

Also, your hotties lying on the beach are probably trying to sleep off their buzz/hangover/somehow found themselves there after their magic carpet ride through the mountains. :D

If you mean from Oz instead then you're correct. The amount of people from Oz, NZ and Sweden here is astonishing. They are also why are beaches are not PG13 friendly...

Out of curiosity, how many on that list still live there? And you are forgetting one major thing....

Spoiler
Its still in Canada....The 51st state the US just has not had a need for yet....HaHa

Meh. We have health care and a stronger economy now, we had to give you guys something : p
Also if Harper wins the election up here, we might as well boot him and become the 51st state. We'd probably be treated better...

We host only servers that have our OS and applications running on them. 500 VMs on one server? Wow. Saves a lot of space on the DC floor. What storage devices are you using? Last time I checked we were still usiing EMC's Clariion units.

Its called a Nimble. SSD's plus proper coding means it's blows Clairion's right out of the water. In every account I've gone to that's considered using NetApp or EMC we've gotten it instead. If you're interested Bonk I've got some partners in the Portland area that would be more then happy to give you guys a demonstration and the speal. It's really amazing how good these things are for their cost.

Its called a Nimble. SSD's plus proper coding means it's blows Clairion's right out of the water. In every account I've gone to that's considered using NetApp or EMC we've gotten it instead. If you're interested Bonk I've got some partners in the Portland area that would be more then happy to give you guys a demonstration and the speal. It's really amazing how good these things are for their cost.

Those decisions are made well above my pay grade. I just a low-level manager, and actually I haven't managed any hardware support in many years. I could be wrong about us using the Clariion units too since it's been so many years since I've been to our ASP centers, which are actually in Illinois and Michigan. Thanks for the offer though ST.

Just did my taxes, I owe $1327. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back