Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Spent some more time with this one at the local range this past weekend. I still say it is one of the best looking drivers to come out in quite some time. It is also loaded with technology that I just love. For those playing this one, when things are going well with the swing, I noticed this was as good as any I have it. I assume you are still seeing the same thing. When you are struggling with the swing or miss just a little bit, what are your results that you are seeing?

Just picked a 910d2 up Friday. Played a round Sunday, I had more good hits than bad, my toe misses were still decent, about 30-40 yards shorter. My bad misses were snap hooks. I am on the c-2 setting, to promote a lower draw. When pured it gave a very nice response both visibly and audibly. Ball flight was a thing of beauty.

For those playing this one, when things are going well with the swing, I noticed this was as good as any I have it. I assume you are still seeing the same thing. When you are struggling with the swing or miss just a little bit, what are your results that you are seeing?

Still straightish but terrible distance. Usually I head to the range to warm up before a round and it only takes a few swings to know what result is turning up that day. If it's not on, I might as well put it back in the car because it won't be leaving the bag the rest of the day. An off swing usually drops a good 30 to 40 yards off the distance assuming it's straight. If it's one of the rare times I slice it, ick.

The only thing I wish I could change about this driver is that they extended the sweet spot a little closer to the toe instead of the heel

I just bought one last week. I finally believe my two year odyssey for a driver that truly fits me is over.

Rewind: I was fit at The Kingdom for an R7 460 TP about 4 years ago and still really like it, but a couple years ago the itch for new stuff become impossible to ignore, and my oddyssey began. I should have remembered how important a proper fitting is from this experience, but I lost my way...

In the past two years, I've probably bought 8 drivers and demo'd many more. For all of you out there who think hitting a friend's club for a round, or going to a single vendor demo day and hitting a dozen balls without an LM is the way to approach fitting, please learn from me: go to an outdoor fitter that has a wide variety of vendor equipment and pay the dough - as so many people on here have said, and I read over and over from JB and others, one man's club is not another's - it's like every comment on here should start with "for me,...."

Anyway, I'll spare you the details of the past two years, and skip to the end: I bought a Cleveland SL290 at the demo day a few weeks ago. Hit it well enough to buy it then (and admit I really "wanted" to like this club), but pushed almost half my shots right during the following two rounds and a couple range sessions. Wasn't so bad to think it was not fixable (frequency and distance right was diminshing a bit, but I felt I had to constantly fight my natural swing to slow it down), but it was the "last straw" and I finally decided to do a full blown fitting -I had one more week to trade in for full credit. Don't know about you guys, but I cannot stand indoor fittings - I never really feel comfortable swinging into a wall a few feet in front of me - so I went to the one place nearby that fit this criteria.

At the fitting, started out with about 6-8 drivers (R11, SF 2.0, F11, 910 D2 & D3, Cleveland series - didn't do Callaway because I've never really liked hitting their drivers, but would have if I could do over because as I learned with the Titleist, things can change in a year...). Hit about 6-8 balls each and we looked at the results with the purpose of comparing the best and dialing them in. By far the best were the 910 D2 and F11 - "best" for me is a combo of distance and accuracy with the latter being more important. The white heads were actually 5 yards or so longer than the final 2 but no where near the accuracy. Could have hit a lot more shafts, especially in the R11, but honestly, I liked the look/sound/feel of the 910 D2 so much by that point, I decided to have a playoff with that and the F11. Note: have always liked Titleist, but since ownign the 983K years ago, could never hit them as well as others - lesson for me is not to assume new lines have the same performance.

Didn't care much for the look of the F11 at address, but if it ended up performaing signficantly better, I had to go with that (if I could hit 75% of fairways 275 out with a pink, polka dotted driver at this point I would). After another half hour of changing shafts/heads and settings for the D2/D3 and facing off with the F11, it was really clear to me the D2 10.5 with stock Kai'Li stiff was the perfect fit for me. Had some last hits with the Cleveland just to make sure (really wanted that club to work) but it just didn't match up to the 910. And, oh, BTW, hit the 910f and 910h and they are rediculous for me (clearly that Kal'Li is my soul mate), so Titleist made a lot of $$$ off me last week.

Took the driver out for the first round this weekend: 3 birdies and an 80 with a couple choke holes not related to the driver (have only broken 80 three times in multiple years at my club). Hit 8 of 14 fairways and NOT ONE of the 6 missed the fairway by more than 10 yards (this is pretty good as my home course has relatively narrow 20 or so yard fairways with several slanted ones so it is very common to be in the first cut or so)

Playing a few rounds in Palm Springs this weekend and will report back.

Lesson for those still waffling on getting fit: pay for the fitting - I know it takes time and it takes money, and not everyone has access, but if you can, just do it!

i was fitted for this club and i was swinging on avg 100 mph, hada launch angle of 15.3 and a ball spin of 2120. it was a D2 10.5 on B4 setting. this was his recomendation for me... but i cant remember which shaft i was hitting all i know is that it was blue and is likely either the diamana kai'li or the project X but other than that i have no idea. he kept telling me i needed a higher launch angle untill we used this setting but im not sure on the shaft. any ideas?

Your numbers sound similar to me. Are you usually a high launcher on your drives? If so, it was probably the Kai'li.

Spent some more time with this one at the local range this past weekend. I still say it is one of the best looking drivers to come out in quite some time. It is also loaded with technology that I just love. For those playing this one, when things are going well with the swing, I noticed this was as good as any I have it. I assume you are still seeing the same thing. When you are struggling with the swing or miss just a little bit, what are your results that you are seeing?

I will update this when I have 'gotten my groove' back.

Only had my 910 D3 for about a week and unfortunately my setup and swing went in the toilet about a week and a half ago (drives and irons are horrible, but my hybrid and wedges are spot on. I blame body setup and ball position...anyway not the point here). That being said, I have not messed around with the settings beyond A-1 (standard 0.5* open @ 9.5* loft). The few good swings that I had right were just perfect with a penetrating ball flight. The roll out is unbelievable on this thing, too.

However, like I said my setup is all wonky at the moment so I can speak more to the mis-hits. I still get plenty of distance, but it goes right. If I am really going after it too hard it goes insanely far...and insanely far to the right.

So in summary, I love this driver. I love the look and the feel. Really looking forward to getting my setup fixed so I can put this sucker through the paces!

I read this whole thread and I may have missed it but no one mentioned the shaft length. 45" for the Titleist's vs 45.75+" for most of the others.

How has this effected your performance and feel for these drivers?

I would like to have a driver with 45" but not if it costs me valuable yards. (I only swing around 90mph so need every extra yard reasonably available).

The results from mis hits with my d3 are way less detremental when comparing with my old 907 d2. Some have stated huge losses in distance with mis hits, but mine seem to go only about 0-15 yards shorter. The thing I am most amazed about with this driver, is that even when I catch it off the extreme toe, the driver seems to correct the direction for me. It does not go right like it used to, it starts right but curves back to the center of the fairway. Its like magic to me. I feel like I can not miss the fairway with this driver. Even with the bad swings.

It's a great point. Though not scientific, I think drivers over 45" just do not work well for me and would not be surprised if that was one reason the 910 worked better for me than the SF 2.0 and others (see my post above) - the 2.0 was about 5 yards longer but significantly more inconsistent. I don't have the length issue, but I'll give up the 5 yards any day for accuracy. For your case, I have to believe a properly fit club will make up for any distance loss associated with the 0.75" shaft length difference.

JB, as you mentioned when I'm swing and hitting the ball well this driver is flat out long with low spin. I currently own both 910 D2 and a 910 D3. When I'm swinging well I play the D3 which is not quite as forgiving as the D2 but when I'm slightly off I hit the D2 but overall they are very similiar. I hit the 910's just as long as I hit my old Callaway FT Tour but my misses are way longer with the 910's than they are with the FT Tour.

I just bought one last week. I finally believe my two year odyssey for a driver that truly fits me is over.

Rewind: I was fit at The Kingdom for an R7 460 TP about 4 years ago and still really like it, but a couple years ago the itch for new stuff become impossible to ignore, and my oddyssey began. I should have remembered how important a proper fitting is from this experience, but I lost my way...

In the past two years, I've probably bought 8 drivers and demo'd many more. For all of you out there who think hitting a friend's club for a round, or going to a single vendor demo day and hitting a dozen balls without an LM is the way to approach fitting, please learn from me: go to an outdoor fitter that has a wide variety of vendor equipment and pay the dough - as so many people on here have said, and I read over and over from JB and others, one man's club is not another's - it's like every comment on here should start with "for me,...."

Anyway, I'll spare you the details of the past two years, and skip to the end: I bought a Cleveland SL290 at the demo day a few weeks ago. Hit it well enough to buy it then (and admit I really "wanted" to like this club), but pushed almost half my shots right during the following two rounds and a couple range sessions. Wasn't so bad to think it was not fixable (frequency and distance right was diminshing a bit, but I felt I had to constantly fight my natural swing to slow it down), but it was the "last straw" and I finally decided to do a full blown fitting -I had one more week to trade in for full credit. Don't know about you guys, but I cannot stand indoor fittings - I never really feel comfortable swinging into a wall a few feet in front of me - so I went to the one place nearby that fit this criteria.

At the fitting, started out with about 6-8 drivers (R11, SF 2.0, F11, 910 D2 & D3, Cleveland series - didn't do Callaway because I've never really liked hitting their drivers, but would have if I could do over because as I learned with the Titleist, things can change in a year...). Hit about 6-8 balls each and we looked at the results with the purpose of comparing the best and dialing them in. By far the best were the 910 D2 and F11 - "best" for me is a combo of distance and accuracy with the latter being more important. The white heads were actually 5 yards or so longer than the final 2 but no where near the accuracy. Could have hit a lot more shafts, especially in the R11, but honestly, I liked the look/sound/feel of the 910 D2 so much by that point, I decided to have a playoff with that and the F11. Note: have always liked Titleist, but since ownign the 983K years ago, could never hit them as well as others - lesson for me is not to assume new lines have the same performance.

Didn't care much for the look of the F11 at address, but if it ended up performaing signficantly better, I had to go with that (if I could hit 75% of fairways 275 out with a pink, polka dotted driver at this point I would). After another half hour of changing shafts/heads and settings for the D2/D3 and facing off with the F11, it was really clear to me the D2 10.5 with stock Kai'Li stiff was the perfect fit for me. Had some last hits with the Cleveland just to make sure (really wanted that club to work) but it just didn't match up to the 910. And, oh, BTW, hit the 910f and 910h and they are rediculous for me (clearly that Kal'Li is my soul mate), so Titleist made a lot of $$$ off me last week.

Took the driver out for the first round this weekend: 3 birdies and an 80 with a couple choke holes not related to the driver (have only broken 80 three times in multiple years at my club). Hit 8 of 14 fairways and NOT ONE of the 6 missed the fairway by more than 10 yards (this is pretty good as my home course has relatively narrow 20 or so yard fairways with several slanted ones so it is very common to be in the first cut or so)

Playing a few rounds in Palm Springs this weekend and will report back.

Lesson for those still waffling on getting fit: pay for the fitting - I know it takes time and it takes money, and not everyone has access, but if you can, just do it!

Nice post. As you mentioned if you like the 910 Drivers try the FW's and especially the hybrids. I swore I would not stop bagging my 909 hybrids but once I hit the 910 hybrids I ebayed those so fast it would make your head spin. The 910 hybrids, to ME, are by far the best hybrids on the market and that is before the ability to customize them with the sure-fit hosels. Great clubs.

Nice post. As you mentioned if you like the 910 Drivers try the FW's and especially the hybrids. I swore I would not stop bagging my 909 hybrids but once I hit the 910 hybrids I ebayed those so fast it would make your head spin. The 910 hybrids, to ME, are by far the best hybrids on the market and that is before the ability to customize them with the sure-fit hosels. Great clubs.

Very interesting. I spent a lot of time with the 910 hybrids at my Titleist fitting and no matter what they did to them, the 909's were consistently longer and straighter. Not a knock against the 910H's as they were plenty good but it was hard to argue with 8 more yards and $160 less per club

I actually did add the 910f 17* and 910h 21*. Was just CRUSHING the 17* at the fitting - I had to order it and just picked it up last night, so can't wait to hit it this weekend. Bought the 21* hybrid on faith and absolutely loved it the first round I played with it. Honestly, I gave up on Titleist for a few years, but am really glad they are working because I'm not sure there is a better look/sound/feel combo for me out there.

I finally got a chance to try out the new Titleist drivers this afternoon at a demo at the local driving range. I couldn't believe how much more forgiving they are compared to my current driver (Alpha V5). I started right out with the D3 since I thought it would be the right one. I hit a few and even my misses would have narrowly missed the fairway. I hit a few off the toe that I'm sure would have been shorter (tough to tell how much off mats and rubber tees) but they were at least fairly straight. I was going to try out the D2, but the rep came and took a look at the monitor and told me it wasn't worth it. I was hitting the D3, with a Voodoo shaft, at a 164 ball speed, 11 degree launch and low 2000 spin. Needless to say, I've already placed my order.

Titleist 910 D2

Titleist 910 D2

so i got fitted for a driver and it was the titleist 910 d2 with a Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Kai'li 65 for Titleist shaft in regular.

this is the second round i have used this driver i used it on the range before todays round. my first impressions if this club was pure love and it was going to take some club from another oem to get in my taylormade bag.

so the course i played today started with 3 par 3s followed by a short par 4 thats got a nasty dog left at 210 yards and as its down hill the driver stayed put.
the driver finally got its chance to come out on the 5th where in my total excitement from being only 1 over through 4 and bringing out the big gun i leant back and fired a daisy cutter 160-170 yards up the middle of the fairway.
that was the last bad shot i produced with this club on the 7th 400 par 4 wind assisted i drove over the 2 people in front of me to about 30 yards from the edge of the green they wasnt happy but i was!. so thinking this was just one of those shots you catch once in a while i went to the par 5 8th and produced another monster drive of 250yards into a strong wing. i wont bore you with all the holes but i used it 3 more times after that and all the drives was way past 250 with a 280 yd on the 18th on a 300 yd par 4.

i find even on miss hits that im getting a lot straighter ball flight with not to much loss of distance but when it comes out the centre it just flys.

im so glad i got fit for this club as i am really seeing the benifits of getting a fitting done :)

I'm about a half dozen rounds in with the 910 D2 now and am really pleased. Sunday's round was a good example of what I like - only one fairway missed (and by only 5-10 yards) - this is just such a huge difference for me as it is nice to no longer really worry about the drive and can concentrate on irons and short game. I had a couple bad swings that would normally have been way left and short but were still 240 out on the left side of the fairway. Was originally concerned about giving up a little distance versus a couple others I hit longer at my fitting but I am getting plenty of distance and the forgiveness just makes this a no brainer for me.

I got another chance to hit the D3 the other day and it is surprisingly consistent. Even on the miss hits it is still an awesome feeling club. :D

Another round in with my D2. I am just killing this thing when I swing well, but more importantly my misses continue to be harmless - no more than 10 yards off the fairway. Hit a couple today off the bottom of the face that still were 250 yard straight low bullets.

I continue to play with people with those with those white head drivers and when they have a good swing, they are great, but misses are terrible. Really glad I made this choice...

so i gamed the d2 again yesterday on a new course and i hit another 2 310+ drives and only missed the fairway once all my other drives was around 260-270.

im so happy i got fitted and this driver turned out to be for me :D

glad it works for you, boss. Another round this weekend and couldn't be happier. Shot about 5 strokes below my average and hitting fairways was a big part of that - or as I keep saying with this and the new irons, misses are not nearly as bad as they were with other clubs, mostly keeping double bogey (or worse) out of the picture.

so i gamed the d2 again yesterday on a new course and i hit another 2 310+ drives and only missed the fairway once all my other drives was around 260-270.

im so happy i got fitted and this driver turned out to be for me :D

So I recently bagged the 15 degree 910 Fd, along with the 910h in both 19 & 21 degrees and I absolutely love these clubs. Easy to hit, nice penetrating ball flight and great distance/accuracy. Given I love these clubs so much I actually went down to GG to compare my supertri against both the D2 & D3 on their driver fitting program. I have to say there were some interesting results (all averages):

Club Speed; Ball Speed; Launch Angle; Spin; Carry; Total; Deviation

10.5 Supertri w/ RIP alpha shaft
103.3; 150.2; 11.8; 3309; 239.7; 264.9; 8.1

9.5 D3 w/ RIP alpha shaft
106; 150.5; 10.3; 3546; 240; 265; 5.4

9.5 D2 w/ Diamana kai'li shaft
106.5; 148; 13.4; 3539; 244.6; 270.3; 5.8

With the D2 I was not hitting the center of the face consistently (as indicated by the PTR of 139 compared to the supertri of 145), so it seems as if I had more time to practice with the club, those numbers would get even better. Matter of fact with optimal conditions, the program stated I should be averaging 275 with the D2. My launch angle was a little low with the D3 (probably the shaft) and my distance suffered because of that. Surprisingly my club head was higher with both the titleist drivers, and my dispersion was tighter compared to the supertri. I have to say I really like the kai'li shaft as I have them on my fairway and hybrids. I thought the sound/feel was excellent on the titleist and I felt the ball really "popped" off the face. Next I would want to try the kai'li shaft with the D3 since I thought the smaller head looked a little better. And then if that did not bring my launch angle up, increase the loft with the surefit setting. The D2 really looked liked a tank on address even though it is the same 460cc as the supertri

Im really confused by the numbers above. Less Swing Speed by 3 full MPH, yet a higher ball speed (on 1), lower spin and yet a lower carry? I know the deviation is a little higher, but something is very different with the club head speed and ball speed numbers, at least based on what I have seen. Because if you are getting more ball speed out of the supertri with less swing speed and less spin (in this case is good, because all are high), I would not even consider the other 2. Did you take more swings with one than the others? Did you hit them in order or by chance jump around?

Im really confused by the numbers above. Less Swing Speed by 3 full MPH, yet a higher ball speed (on 1), lower spin and yet a lower carry? I know the deviation is a little higher, but something is very different with the club head speed and ball speed numbers, at least based on what I have seen. Because if you are getting more ball speed out of the supertri with less swing speed and less spin (in this case is good, because all are high), I would not even consider the other 2. Did you take more swings with one than the others? Did you hit them in order or by chance jump around?

The reason I was able to get a higher ballspeed with a lower swing speed was because I was hitting the ball on the sweet spot way more often with my supertri. They had a stat called PTR which is similar to the smash factor and I was consistently getting near perfect contact with the supertri compared to the D2 & D3. As to the order of the swings I hit 7 in a row with each of the three clubs in the order above and then went back again to hit 5 more in a row. Drivers 1 & 2 have identical ball speed, and carry distance. I was able to get a few more yards from driver 3 because my launch angle was more optimal

I did a mini-fitting in my lesson today for the 910 series. I cannot remember if it was the D2 or the D3.. I was honestly too excited with the results to remember, but I believe it was the D3.
Everything set to stock, with the 'Ahina 82 S-flex in the club, I was absolutely firing balls on laser guided paths.
Dead straight - carrying ~240-250 which is the absolute max of the range, and their balls since they use "ultra high spin, low distance" balls since the driving range is located right next to one of the big highways around. The pro was absolutely astounded at the results I was getting - and was ready to write an order for me since it was just too perfect.

I'm still absolutely jazzed at those results since I never in my wildest dreams thought I could hit something that well.
I'll try again next time I have a lesson just to see if it was a fluke or not.

My D2 is on its way. I am getting a 76 gram V2 ProForce Shaft. I hit it at a demo day and fell in love. I was going to get an R11 or SF 2.0 TP, but the D2 was just too good. It made me forget about the others.

PLUS.. IMO There isn't a better looking club on the market. Titleist has always made beautiful clubs, but I always seem to find something i hit better

Back