Srixon Z-Star Irons

Why good grief?

To me its a good thing. I get more distance in my head and still picking up a 7 iron.

And as has been mentioned, only the 7 & 8 are different lofts, the rest are the same to the CG16s.

I agree with you on the fact that it's about playability and not the number. THe good grief was just surprise, not a complaint. I just can't believe they (all the OEMs) just keep going stronger and stronger - not because I think it's bad, just cause it's shocking that we're talking 7 irons that were 5s ten years ago.

Sexy looking set of irons.............now if I could only learn to hit a long consistently these would be on my list to try for sure!

Those are super delicious

Thanks for info JB. Im interested to see how the ball flight is with these bad boys. Sounds like the CG 16's might be replaced.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

VERY nice! I see it as having some of the best proportions and the top line is just about right for me as I am one that cant take the very thick toplines.

For whoever that asked why so many care about the topline I will tell you that, for me atleast, it is about a confidence thing when I stand over the ball...I dont know why, just that I am more comfortable with the thinner toplines.

I am so trying these at the demo day this Saturday. The combination of those 2 types of steel is pure genius. Having owned the Cobra Pro CB's made from 1020 carbon steel I know the luxurious feel of that metal. Add Nippons as the factory shaft, in standard lengths and not extended lengths to the mix and I can't find anything missing from them,,,, except the stronger lofts. I am mostly neutral about the strong lofts. I don't see that as a pro or con to me. I just want them to go the same distances consistently. Otherwise, isn't having stronger lofts the same trick as setting your clock 5 minutes fast? It doesn't change anything in reality except the number stamped on the bottom or what your clock "says" the time is. In fact, if the lofts get too screwy strong, they mess up the gaps between your wedges, hybrids, woods, etc.

In less than 48 hrs I may own these. I'll hit a bunch of sets but these will be at the top of my list.

Wow those look good, hopefully a store around here will stock these so i can hit them. Thanks for the pics

I think JB is on the hook for a full write up ASAP now. I don't remember much outside of the now legendary Mashie thread that got up to 6 pages in under 4 hours. These have serious interest.

I think JB is on the hook for a full write up ASAP now. I don't remember much outside of the now legendary Mashie thread that got up to 6 pages in under 4 hours. These have serious interest.

I couldnt possibly go play a round of golf right now with the Masters on. I know coverage ends for some when Tiger walks off the course (hehe), but 3D coverage is going to start soon.

No full write up from me today.

I couldnt possibly go play a round of golf right now with the Masters on. I know coverage ends for some when Tiger walks off the course (hehe), but 3D coverage is going to start soon.

No full write up from me today.

not for me, i like tiger but i like watching the others more lol. Ill be watching for a review when you get time

not for me, i like tiger but i like watching the others more lol. Ill be watching for a review when you get time

Playing a few times next week and will get to the range as well. Plus we will have THP Tester Hawk test them out as well.

Those are some deadly looking irons.

Lovely Irons. Not too different looking from mine (at least at address). Looking forward to reading more. Thanks for the post.

Wow, I really love the way these look, sexy irons!

Blue Titan and I hit these at the knoxville demo day. These clubs are long and straight. I didn't spend a great deal of time with them but if your looking for new irons, these are worth a try.

I love the look of that cavity. How would you compare these in forgiveness vs. the X-22s, JB? Is it considerably less?

I love the look of that cavity. How would you compare these in forgiveness vs. the X-22s, JB? Is it considerably less?

I have not hit the X-22s in a while and have not spent a ton of time with these yet, but off of first impressions I would say very similar.

I have not hit the X-22s in a while and have not spent a ton of time with these yet, but off of first impressions I would say very similar.

Very cool. I am sorry, I forgot that the review of the 22s was that long ago. Similar, eh? That is interesting. For some reason I always thought Srixon made "players" clubs.

I can't stop looking at these pictures. What a nice looking set or irons. They would look good in a black Ogio cart bag and I just happen to have one of those.

I can't stop looking at these pictures. What a nice looking set or irons. They would look good in a black Ogio cart bag and I just happen to have one of those.

They might look even better in a THP stand bag...hehe.

They might look even better in a THP stand bag...hehe.

I will give you my shipping address pronto!

I have decided I am taking these out tomorrow morning to see if I am in love with them as I think I am.

I really have a feeling that I'm going to have a hard time getting these away from you next weekend hehe.

Excellent. Can't wait to here what you think.

Back