Srixon Z-Star Irons

TC, i think it has to do with availability more than marketing. Allot of stores dont carry Srixon clubs so my guess is why fall in love with a club that is almost impossible to get or hit before ordering online. I could be WAY off with that lol, wouldnt be the first time ive been way wrong.
edit: i might add that i like the looks of these just as much as the new TM irons, very good looking irons

THP Demo Day my friend...hehe

JB so how did the round go? How would you rate these irons in terms of forgiveness?

That is the part that "scared me" the most. I found them really forgiving. I did not play a round, but hit 2 large buckets on the range. They really are a great hybrid if you will between the CBs and the CG16s. I am a fan so far.

LOL I swear I'm not skimming. I'm pretty sure he played a round with them today so the pic in the bag doesn't tell me that they are staying or not.

They are staying as of right now. Unless that Pesky Hawk coming into town next weekend tries to steal them. (he has been known to have fast fingers). In all honesty I wont know until I get them on the course.

Depending on what goes down on demo day I'll let you know. :D

I think a lot of people will feel that way. My poor irons...hehe

I know, i wish i could make it to the THP Demo day

That is the part that "scared me" the most. I found them really forgiving. I did not play a round, but hit 2 large buckets on the range. They really are a great hybrid if you will between the CBs and the CG16s. I am a fan so far.

This is a very interesting statement. Forged feeling, forgiveness, and distance...hmmm? How was your ball flight compared to both CB CG's?

This is a very interesting statement. Forged feeling, forgiveness, and distance...hmmm? How was your ball flight compared to both CB CG's?

Lower than the CBs by a little bit. Higher than the CG16s. However I have a very low launching shaft in my 16s in the proto Monacos. I really liked the ball flight, it was what I am looking for.

They are staying as of right now. Unless that Pesky Hawk coming into town next weekend tries to steal them. (he has been known to have fast fingers). In all honesty I wont know until I get them on the course.

Thats what she said! Sorry, I just had to.

If these make it into the bag to stay, then they must be something special, because those CG16s are sweet!

*does finger exercises*

*does finger exercises*

haha, remember golf isnt the only thing practice helps lol. Sorry i had to. The more i look at these online the more i want to hit them, i love my MX300 and these look like they would compare perfect to those in size ect..

WOW...can't wait hit these in a few weeks. Very sharp looking in the pictures.

JB, you love making us jealous, don't ya? I kid man, those irons are hawt.

Paint Fill?

If I were to do anything it would only be the sole numbers.

What do you think?

Paint Fill?

What do you think?

depends on what color, i think they look great as is but a little color never hurt anything
edit: i think white would look good

I like them without, but some black wouldnt hurt.
Paint Fill?

What do you think?

depends on what color, i think they look great as is but a little color never hurt anything
edit: i think white would look good

White would look good. I think the avocado green might look good too. I really think gold would look good, but its tough to work with.

White would look good. I think the avocado green might look good too. I really think gold would look good, but its tough to work with.

Gold would work nicely. What makes it so difficult?

Gold would work nicely. What makes it so difficult?

Its not the same consistency as the other paints in my opinion. The metallic is always harder for me.

i think white or green, personally i think gold would look like crap, just my opinion though.

Ah, I see. Same with silver and such too then. That sucks, I have an old putter that I was thinking about going at with some metallic paintfill.
Its not the same consistency as the other paints in my opinion. The metallic is always harder for me.

Well I just went out and did some work with gold. We will see what comes out of it shortly.

Atta boy, go for the gold.
Well I just went out and did some work with gold. We will see what comes out of it shortly.

hopefully it turns out good, good thing about paintfill is its easy to change if it doesnt look good

We have gone with gold across the board after seeing 1-2 that I tested. When all dried and cleaned up, I will post some pics and let you guys decide if I should keep it or do something different.

How long does it take to dry? I am anxious. I think it will look pretty sweet.
We have gone with gold across the board after seeing 1-2 that I tested. When all dried and cleaned up, I will post some pics and let you guys decide if I should keep it or do something different.

Back