Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Great pic ddec, I've not tried those but they look good.

they received a good review on THP last summer, I love the looks of them so I figured they were worth a shot.

Used the M3 for the first time on a course yesterday. Played rather well and the Mashie set me up for the first birdie of the season on a par four none the less!

So pleased, fantastic club!

the M3 is almost a must if you're going to have any Mashies....
Used the M3 for the first time on a course yesterday. Played rather well and the Mashie set me up for the first birdie of the season on a par four none the less!

So pleased, fantastic club!

Yea then once you have one the next one and maybe the next one after that just come along!

I agree, I hit the M5 and M3 at a demo day last weekend and I have been pondering about M3, M4, and M5...lol.
The M2, is still in progress and maybe the M3 will take it place.

Yea then once you have one the next one and maybe the next one after that just come along!

I agree, I hit the M5 and M3 at a demo day last weekend and I have been pondering about M3, M4, and M5...lol.

I would say check your distances first. I know others have found that the distances gotten from say an M2 and M3 are similar. I would guess, though I dont know, that would be the same with the m3 and m4 or the m4 and m5. Or it just might work for you, one never knows.

I am pulling out my M3 Mashie tomorrow to compare it with my R11 7 - wood. I have not hit it since receiving the 7- wood so it's time for a comparison.

Can't wait to see what you think Ole Gray about comparing to the R11 7wood. Do you have similar shaft stiffness on them?

Uh Oh.....There is a snake invading Cleveland. The revolving bag of OG continues.

Can't wait to see what you think Ole Gray about comparing to the R11 7wood. Do you have similar shaft stiffness on them?

bullfrog -- Both clubs have the same flex (regular) shafts however the Mashie has the C Kua from Miyazaki which is a favorite of mine. It should be an interesting comparison. I have been meaning to do this but have put it on the shelf.

Uh Oh.....There is a snake invading Cleveland. The revolving bag of OG continues.

It's another comparison to see which club performs more consistently. The Cleveland 17 degree HL 3 - wood or the Cobra 16 degree DWS hybrid.

It's another comparison to see which club performs more consistently. The Cleveland 17 degree HL 3 - wood or the Cobra 16 degree DWS hybrid.

Good comparison OG. More of a hybrid vs FW wood thing than brands and I think that will help you decide on your bag.

Went out to the range late yesterday afternoon and had much better success with the M1 and all my clubs for that matter. It was very windy, i'd guess 25mph or more swirling around, sometimes behind me and sometimes going across the range. After a few warm up shots with the 9i I was eager to swing the M1. My first shot had the very familiar "Mashie missle" trajectory as it flew past the 200yd marker. The next two shots had similar flights and I smiled, thinking I had gotten this club figured out. The next few proved that theory wrong..lol. I started to overanalyze what I was doing wrong and it only compounded the problem. I put the M1 away and went to the M5 and took a nice even tempo swing and went back to launching some nice shots. After a few I went up to the M3 and my success contnued, then I went back to the M1. I tried not to put too much thought into things, just nice even tempo and it came back, nice shots headed towards the end of the range. One thing these clubs have taught me is if I just relax and not try to kill the ball and let the club do the work ( how many times have we heard that one) these Mashies will perform.

I am headed out this morning to play with my buddies on a course that has routinely given me problems in the past. It is not a particularly hard course, it is just in my head. I believe today will be different! :alien2:

Had a light bulb moment with my Mashie a couple of days ago. I had a huge hook with it and after further evaluation, I believe it was because I was playing the ball too far back in my stance. I experimented with moving it just inside my lead foot and pow pow pow! I was hitting them nice and straight.

Good comparison OG. More of a hybrid vs FW wood thing than brands and I think that will help you decide on your bag.

JB, Which Mashie do you use?

JB, Which Mashie do you use?

I actually think he uses a DST with a Miyazaki in it.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Had a rough day with the Mashies, I can't for the life of me figure out the slice!!! Or fade. Its more a fade lol. Workable I guess. One thing I noticed if you cast your wrists or slap at the ball, the Mashie will punish. I learned that the hard way! Once I got it down I was making good contact just couldn't shake the "fade". Was supposed to go out and play but the tournament the course was having went over in time and capacity. Im gonna try and go out tomorrow if the rain lets up!

I love seeing all the love this club gets. Really such a great club as far as feel/sound and the components that are put into it. Good work Rhino getting the M1 clicking.

Got my first eagle today with the help of my M3 Tour. I had about 230 to the center of the green. Took out the Mashie and hit it pin high about 30 feet to the right. The ball was a little below my feet and I aimed at the pin and it just went a little right.

I hate TapaTalk signatures...

Awesome stuff setho. I had pretty good results from the mashie today. Hit the M1 off the tee a few times and usually found the fw. All in all I had a good day with the mashie and continue to be impressed.

I had a tuff time with mashie yesterday. I put it in time out and once I got my tempo back started to play it again. Too bad it wasn't until the 16th hole that I ffigured it out. :banghead:

Got out for the first time will all 3 Mashies in the bag. Was a very windy day on the course which allowed me to use both the M1 and M3 off the tee more than I was planning. They performed quite well cutting through the wind with nice straight shots and kept me on the fairway on most holes. The Mashies as a whole were far from perfect, but my confidence with them is building and I am certain the trio will help me lowering scores moving foward.

I had a great day with both Mashies today. I should have used the M1 more off the tee, but the driver kept calling my name. HAHA

1st hole, Par 4. This hole was 368 to the green. There was a stream that ran the left hand side to in front of the green. The driver would have rolled down in to the stream and the M1 would leave me about 150 out. I gave it a nice hit, not to hard since it was the first hole, and left me right at the 150 marker. I put a nice 7 iron 15 ft from the hole. 2 putt for a par.

4th hole, Par 4. This was a dogleg right, that I put my driver out in the corner of the dogleg. That left me a long shot to the green. I was 220 out from the green. I ended up hitting a nice shot up that landed just right of the green with the M1.

5th hole, Par 4. This was a slight dogleg right hole that you had to hit a short drive or a nice 230 shot. I used the M1 and put the ball right at the 150 marker. I could have gotten a little bit closer, but my alignment was off just a bit. I put a 7 iron on the green about 30 ft from the cup. 2 putt for a Par.

8th hole, Par 4. I put my drive off the right side of the fairway. I was on the edge of a creek in some crappy grass. I still had about 170 in the green. I went with a risky move to use the M3 and to try to muscle it out of the deep rough to green. The I miscalculated the severe down hill lie and put right of the hole.

12th hole, Par 5. I had a really nice drive off the tee. This gave me about 200 yds to a lay up area in front of a pond that gave a good shot to the green. I used the M3 and hit a nice shot to the landing area. I used a wedge to have a sweet shot 5 ft from the cup. Putted out for a birdie.

Over all I had a good round with the Mashies. I think I had one bad shot, but that was due to a really bad lie. I made sure I lined my grip up with the arrows every time and it helped out a ton. Every shot I hit off a good lie or the tee box went straight as an arrow where I was aimed. Get your Mashie On!

Back