Postman

Reaction score
Handicap
Par 3,4 or 5 & why.I say a par 3 cause it only takes 1 good shot.

For me, the par 3's as well.

i say par 5, a 3 if u miss it ur saving par, its pretty easy to get on a par 5 in 4.. just my .02

Par 5's for me, after a good drive they are fairly easy to par from there.

Par 5. You can hit a sorry shot or three and still get away with par.

I say Par 5. It is always good for even a birdie attempt.

Par 5's for me. I generally hit good drives and I'm decent with a 3 wood, so I'm often close enough to have a short wedge shot on, with two strokes left to get close and in.

Par 5s cause it gives the option of going for it and increasing your chance in birdie or eagle or laying up for a better 3rd shot making birdie easier.(This is all of course in theory)

I think par 4s are easiest to par. For me anyways! If I mess up my first shot, I still have my approach shot to get it close for a 2 putt :)

Par 5 is the easiest because you have 5 shots to get the ball in the hole to make par.

Par 5. Im' a pretty long hitter though. The way I see it is I'm usually just off the green in two and an up and down for birdie is likely but a Par is ok too.

Par 5 for sure, you have opportunity to hit a very mediocre shot on either of the 1st 2 shots and still be on in 3. Having said that you had better be on in 3 are you are scrambling to save par then.

Easiest to par, no doubt Par 3's. Good tee shot, 2 putt... all day long. Also the easiest to double par, especially with water in play...

Stats don't lie for me:

Par 3- 3.83
Par 4- 5.01
Par 5- 6.19

In theory the par 5's should be the easiest for all of the reason mentioned above, but for whatever reason that simply isnt the case for me. I don't go for them in 2 very often, which goes to say a lot about my short game the last 20 rounds or so.

So far this season though the par 5's haven't been to bad for me, so hopefully something has changed!

Par 5 is the easiest because you have 5 shots to get the ball in the hole to make par.

I agree, par 5's are typically easiest to make par on.

Par 5 good drive and your there pretty much. Par 5 allows a little leeway compared to a 4 or 3.

They're all really easy. If you're good.

Par fives are often the easiest holes on the course. Ironically, is not unusual to see them handicapped as the hardest or near hardest holes. They are the holes where a higher handicap opponent can maul a guy pretty good.

Hardest it's a tie between par fours over 430 and par threes over 200.

Kevin

For most golfers, the par 5s will be the easiest par or better.

I'll make par on 3's way more often than 5's.

i want to say par5's since you have 3 shots to try to make it onto the green but for some reason im pretty much better scoring on par3's... dunno why that is

Par 5, no contest. On a par 3 I'm often given a longer shot to the green than I usually give myself on a par 5. I can reach it in two or play a lay-up to a comfortable distance = easier than hitting a 7-iron or w/e.

Personally, I think par 5's are the easiest because there is more shots for me to have the chance to hit a good shot.

This brings to mind a stat I saw on TV last night during the Masters coverage: Over the course of his masters career, Tiger Woods is +10 on the par 4's +20 on the par 3's (or the other way around, I can't remember) and -121 on the par 5's. Looks like he finds the long holes easier too :p

Without a doubt par 5's... always think birdie but still happy with a par! You can have at least one bad shot maybe even two an still get away with it.

Back