SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Wow, JB that was funny! Good luck wcueb in your quest to identify the gender of your putter. BB is all woman. I knew it before she even came out of the production area.
Thanks Highscoreinky,
On my way to find out the real deal. Me and (it) for now will have 18 holes to be honest with each other. I will be posting Round 3 tonight. Wish me luck, Hoping to be in the 20's for Putts today.

Thanks Highscoreinky,
On my way to find out the real deal. Me and (it) for now will have 18 holes to be honest with each other. I will be posting Round 3 tonight. Wish me luck, Hoping to be in the 20's for Putts today.

Hope you were able to meet your goal for today. Things are starting to really heat up for me and BB. Should be able to post numbers for my last 5rounds with the Odyssey before I was matched with BB and the last 5 rounds I've been out with BB tomorrow. I will tell you that I'm really starting to fall hard for BB. She's quite the partner, 29 putts today.

Want to be a better putter? Be a better chipper. Want to be a great putter? Get a SeeMore.

Hope you were able to meet your goal for today. Things are starting to really heat up for me and BB. Should be able to post numbers for my last 5rounds with the Odyssey before I was matched with BB and the last 5 rounds I've been out with BB tomorrow. I will tell you that I'm really starting to fall hard for BB. She's quite the partner, 29 putts today.

Want to be a better putter? Be a better chipper. Want to be a great putter? Get a SeeMore.

I am enjoying these post so much, great job guys and gal. I look forward to your comparison posts high.

I have a Seemore M1 and FGP putter that I love but I've been struggling terribly with the M1 lately and haven't used the FGP in a while. I changed a few things with my setup and posture after watching some videos on this site. I made the mistake of buying mine used and I wasn't fitted nor did I receive all the assistance that any of you have received. I think buying new is the only way to go after reading this thread!!!!! My misses seem to be mostly right this week. I'm playing around with ball position. I think I finally have it figured out what I was doing wrong after watching the setup video again. I had the ball a little too far back.

I have a Seemore M1 and FGP putter that I love but I've been struggling terribly with the M1 lately and haven't used the FGP in a while. I changed a few things with my setup and posture after watching some videos on this site. I made the mistake of buying mine used and I wasn't fitted nor did I receive all the assistance that any of you have received. I think buying new is the only way to go after reading this thread!!!!! My misses seem to be mostly right this week. I'm playing around with ball position. I think I finally have it figured out what I was doing wrong after watching the setup video again. I had the ball a little too far back.

Maybe they can bend yours to fit you. But I like buying new also. Then she knows that she is just for you! :)

KB,
In a few weeks we will all be down in WPB at the THP Outing. I will have a large amount of SeeMores down there in different shapes and sizes. We can see if a few of these tend to fit you better or if there is something glaring that needs to be tweaked.

Maybe they can bend yours to fit you. But I like buying new also. Then she knows that she is just for you! :)

You can't bend these (center staft) and my coach says the putter fits me fine. I think it is more alignment and posture issues because I have had good luck with them in the past. My best round ever was a 28 with the FGP (12 on the back nine). It's great on faster greens. I like the M1 on slower greens but I don't know a thing about putters so it's just a feel thing. haha

Thanks JB! I really appreciate it. I have two women's tournaments coming up in the next few weeks (Jekyll and Callaway) so you can bet I will be feverishly trying to figure it out before the outing. :) I really want to try that SI-1 though. I think I would like the insert.

Thanks JB! I really appreciate it. I have two women's tournaments coming up in the next few weeks (Jekyll and Callaway) so you can bet I will be feverishly trying to figure it out before the outing. :) I really want to try that SI-1 though. I think I would like the insert.

Watch this again and again.

This is another good one.

You can't bend these (center staft) and my coach says the putter fits me fine. I think it is more alignment and posture issues because I have had good luck with them in the past. My best round ever was a 28 with the FGP (12 on the back nine). It's great on faster greens. I like the M1 on slower greens but I don't know a thing about putters so it's just a feel thing. haha

KB mine is a center shaft as well and Ted from Seemore said they are easily bent. Maybe give Ted a call and talk to him. He's an awesome guy to deal with

Thanks for the videos JB. Just watching the first one makes me wonder about my wrist on the takeaway. I will get someone to watch me putt today. I'm playing in a Sheriff's Dept scramble today at noon with 3 guys who are really good. One likes to coach me a lot so I'm sure he will see what I'm doing but maybe he will only see good things by noon!

KB mine is a center shaft as well and Ted from Seemore said they are easily bent. Maybe give Ted a call and talk to him. He's an awesome guy to deal with

Interesting Chunky! I was told by a fitter that because the shaft goes directly into the head it couldn't be bent. I don't know that it really needs to be bent, but that is great to know.

Interesting Chunky! I was told by a fitter that because the shaft goes directly into the head it couldn't be bent. I don't know that it really needs to be bent, but that is great to know.

Yeah he gave me all my numbers but he said we won't flatten it before he see's a video of how my putter is laying on the ground with me in a proper stance. Once he sees that he said we can then either send it back or I could go to a local guy to have it bent. He specifically said how easy it was to bend. I think he mentioned there was something inside the head that made it easy.

29 thats awesome .Glad she is doing you right. Looking forward to the write up. Will be posting round three later today.

Great videos JB. These putters look great, and their rifle scope technology is so basic and genious.

I have to say, I'm a bit perplexed after watching those videos. I concider myself a pretty solid putter if I can get the speed right. I keep a very quiet body, arms almost locked and as close to sbst as possible. Creating an arc type stroke and trusting it is a bit scary to me, but at the same time if it drops putts I'm all for it.

I have to say, I'm a bit perplexed after watching those videos. I concider myself a pretty solid putter if I can get the speed right. I keep a very quiet body, arms almost locked and as close to sbst as possible. Creating an arc type stroke and trusting it is a bit scary to me, but at the same time if it drops putts I'm all for it.

Same here, while I didn't get my seemore yet, I've been practicing Pat O'Brien's teachings and it does feel weird at first. It's very different from my previous method (which looked a lot like Phil Mickelson with the forward press and bent over stance), I can see the RST and a more upright posture promoting a lot more consistency in my putting which is a bit of a problem.

I spent a couple of hours practicing with my new SeeMore Si3 on Saturday. I was trying to implore a new grip, slightly new stance, and a new putter all in one day. To say I was uncomfortable is an understatement.

Here is the grip I was working on:
DSC_0640.jpg

First impression, uncomfortable. The putter is already longer than I am use to, and when you add this grip, it seems even longer. I have used a grip for years that is similar to my regular golf grip, with the only difference being my right hand pointer finger points down the shaft. It locks my arms and stabilizes my putter. I have tried claw, (hated it), left hand low, (terrible for me) and now this. I am going to work with this grip over the next few weeks and give it a chance.

Now to the stance. I thought this was going to be a major change for me, but the good news is that I already was doing most of what SeeMore is asking. I stand a bit taller than most when putting and have always had my eyes just inside the ball, so my changes in this category are minimal. Here is an idea of what SeeMore is teaching:
DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

Now to the best part, the SeeMore Si3 nickel finish 36.5" beauty that now resides in my bag. First impression, it is bad a$$. The major thing I noticed about it that is different from my previous putters is it's low profile. Shown here
DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

With my other putters, (TM Corza Ghost, Odyssey Sabertooth), the face is about 3/16" taller than the SeeMore Si3. The insert is also a bit thinner. I was a little uneasy about this. At first, I was trying to elevate the Si3 just a bit from the green surface to get clean contact. Mostly a mental issue for me, due to the difference in look to my eye. Eventually I realized this was not needed. One thing I noticed is that there is definetely a noticable "sweet spot" on this putter. Moreso than others. When hit perfectly, this baby feels unreal. Now I just got to hit it perfectly more often! HAHA

I hit hundreds of putts with it, from all different distances, and was horrible to start. I generally concentrate more on distance control and less on line, and I really struggled with distance. Using both Penta and Pro V1, I was all over the place. Long, short, pushing everything right. I was starting to get really disgusted with myself. I brought the instruction manual with me, so I took a pause and skimmed through it again. I just decided to start over. About 45 minutes into the session. Went up to the clubhouse, grabbed a Coke and reset. I decided to use my old grip, but do everything else as SeeMore would want. I was thinking I was just changing too much stuff at once. Things got much better with my old grip. Distance control much better. Line much better. Stroke much better. Still concentrating on my stance, hiding the red dot, and setup. As I got more comfortable, I tried to implore the SeeMore grip as well on a few strokes. Better, but not great. For now I am going to work on the new grip, but use my old grip. The second half of this session has me really excited about the prospects with the Si3. My distance was spot on, my lines were much, much better, and more importantly I felt comfortable with it in my hand. This is going to be a big adjustment, but I am really buying in.

Last edited:
For everyone who is interested and is on Twitter, Pat O' Brien, who is also coaching the king of golf Twitter Stewart Cink, started tweeting this morning. His twitter account is @patobriengolf

On my testing front, I played a round with my Si-3 over the weekend. I'll be doing a full write up this evening but let's say this: taking it from the practice green to the course is a horse of a different color!

Great write-up tomohawk. I'm always hesistant around new gear at first. I'm excited to hear everyones feedback, I will be following this thread closely as I'm still looking for an new flatstick.

Rrpruett Review

Rrpruett Review

Let me start off by saying I have not read the most recent reviews on this thread because I did not want it to influence my write-up in any way. I also want to thank THP and SeeMore for allowing me to be part of this process. This is going to be a long write up so forgive me in advance.

Some initial comments and background: I have never used a SeeMore putter or even had a chance to hit one at a shop. I have also never used a mallet style putter or one with a rough face. In the past I have used a Ping Answer style for 10 years or so and have had an Odyssey Marksman Backstryke for about 6 months. My Ping was shortened to about 31 inches and I putted bent over sort of Phil Mickelson style. It was starting to hurt my back so I changed my putting style to a more upright when I went to the Odyssey. I also used a forward press approach with the ball off my front foot with both putters
The reason Im telling you this is because I have changed my putting style in the past week when I started watching the SeeMore videos online to get ready to use this putter. I do not believe this is a requirement in any way and I’m sure the SeeMore putter will work with any putting style, but after talking to Ted at SeeMore he convinced me that I might want to try something different. I am now putting with a more upright stance with the ball back further, more in the middle of my stance. My shoulders are back further and not rounded forward. My grip has remained the same.

Arrival Day: Well after work on Saturday I’m sitting down to watch the replay of the Masters around 2:00 pm. I just finished telling my son, “I wish I had received my putter last week so I could check it out this weekend”. Not five minutes later someone knocks at the door, my son answers and its FedEx. I start to get excited; no way would SeeMore have sent it for Saturday delivery, would they? He then brings back in a long white box, I can’t believe my eyes. YES they did send it for Saturday delivery. AWESOME.
My son said, “Man dad you look like a kid on Christmas morning” and that’s what I felt like. I know it’s only a putter but for some reason I was very excited to start the process. So much for the Masters it can wait.

I opened the Box and started taking pictures. Like others, I received two Pat O’Brien DVD’s, Instructions on how to use the aiming alignment mark, a cool white SeeMore hat, putter cover, Yes its bright orange to match my bag, Triangulator alignment aid and the SeeMore Si3 in Black 34.5” long custom putter built just for me. I did not get an additional grip but I’m sure it was just an oversight.

First Impressions: The putter looks great and I’m glad I choose the black. The white lines marks just pop off the club and the red alignment dot is bright and very easy to see. I hope it looks like that in a couple of months, we shall see.

The finish is absolutely beautiful :beauty:and is a shiny black. The black portion on the bottom 12” of the shaft looks like a powder coat not paint and seems very durable. This is on the bottom of the shaft to help you use the alignment dots. Works great. The grip is a midsize I believe, in black with the SeeMore name running down the front.

The insert has a great feel to the touch and not too soft. I like the fact that it is textured to match the rest of the face. It is almost the entire length of the face and looks almost seamless.

The putter face is not very tall and seems thinner than many of the mallet type putters I have seen. The weight is lighter than the putter I am using now but felt very good in my hands. I do not like light putters. It just seems like I have much more control with a little heavier putter. The Si3 weighs 343 grams, the BackStryke is 360 grams.

The putter cover is AWESOME. I hate to keep using that word but, it is what it is. It has a magnetic closure and is very furry inside. The orange is very bright (think Fowler Orange) with SeeMore lines all around it and SeeMore wording on the top. It fits tight and is not sloppy. I may purchase a Black on also just to have an option. I like the flag on the black one.

The Grip is a little smaller than the one I have now. I was using a Lamkin oversized. This one seems like a Midsize and has a good feel. I’m not sure if ill change it yet or not. One thing I did notice was that it seemed like the putter might be a little short. Like I wanted to put the end of the grip in the palm of my hand and had to make myself get a little lower. I checked it with my other putter and the length seemed right so I’m not sure what that’s all about.

The First putts I made were on my carpet and I liked the feel of it right away. It felt very solid, not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of a mushy feel; I guess it was due to the looks of the insert, it just looks like it would feel softer. It was very solid. Different then my BackStryke insert that feels a little more like plastic. This one feels more like metal.

I had no problem aligning the red dot with the shaft throughout the stroke and it seemed very natural to position the club square to the target. This is the first center shafted putter I have used and I like it very much. The putter sat flat on the ground and I did not have to adjust my stroke any to set up correctly. It looks to me like you would have to set up pretty bad to not have the red dots in alignment. Maybe that’s a sign that my stroke was not that bad to start with. I’m not sure, but alignment was easy.

I checked my alignment to the target with the Triangulator and it was right on line. Keep in mind that I am still in my living room, not on a green yet. I made some putts and was very impressed at how many went right into the fake cup.

The sound was good and I noticed that it made a different sound depending on where you hit it on the face. It gave me good feedback on miss hits vs. solid hits. I like that; I do not want the club to feel the same when I do not hit the ball solid. I reminded me of a Scotty Cameron putter I used one time that belonged to a guy I was playing with. The ball just seems to roll off the face instead of scooting off the face.

Phase Two:

After watching the DVD featuring Pat O’Brien I realized that much of what I had already been doing was correct according to Pat. My grip was the same, my stance and arm angles were good and I was already putting the ball back in my stance for the past week. So I felt like I did not have to make a lot of changes. I did have to work on my posture and getting my shoulders back but that was about it. Now I’m sure if I were to get with Pat one on one, he would see lots of things that needed work, but overall I felt like not a lot of drastic change was needed. So off to the course I went.

On the putting green: We have two putting greens at our course, one with lots of slope and one that is fairly flat, I choose the one with lots of slope. The greens are sort of fast in comparison to other courses around town. I’m not sure what they would be on the meter but I’m guessing maybe a 10 or more.

I marked up two balls with alignment rings and two without and started putting. Now I know you’re going to think I’m giving you some fairytale story, but the first putt I hit was about a 20 footer, with very little break, dead into the cup. I just sat there and said NO WAY.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I was in shock. The next putt rolled up to the edge the next two were within 4”. I was amazed. You could have knocked me over with a feather :joy:. The ball just seemed to roll so true and straight I could not believe it. It was like I put so little effort into getting the ball started, I was able to hold my line even on long putts.

Putts that I thought would never make it to the hole just kept rolling out and went further than I thought they would. But it was not like I hit them too far. It was crazy. Maybe it was because I was really concentrating on my stroke and ball position but I was making putts from all over the place. I made three putts from over 30 feet. I never do that. I lagged putts close and when I didn’t I made 6 footers no problem. I thought it’s just one of those days, no way can it be just the putter, but I was so confident with it, that on putts with break I just putted them right into the hole and took out a lot of the break. I was not just dribbling them into the cup, I was ramming them into the back.

The roll with this putter just seems phenomenal, very different then my previous putters. It gets the ball going end over end very easy and not scooting with backspin on long putts. I did hit some putts where my stroke was too up on the ball and I could see it get some backspin prior to rolling forward but that was my fault. I also missed some putts where I could feel myself push the ball but overall it was amazing.

So after about 40 minutes of putting green practice I took it on the course. I cannot say I shot the round of my life, and I did not even one putt any green where I had a GIR. But no three putts and most of my initial putts were within 1-2 feet.

Putting from off the green on the apron or fringe also works very well with this putter. I used it in a few situations where I maybe should have used a wedge just to see how it worked putting through the fringe. Once again, nice roll out off the club with good results.

Sundays Round: So yesterday I went to play my normal Sunday round with two of my sons. I was looking forward to seeing if the Saturday results were a fluke or if it was the real deal. I can tell you that I did not have the same results as Saturdays practice green, no great 30 footers drained for birdies, although I did miss three or four by about 1” and I made some good putts. I made some putts from 10 to 15 feet that I have been struggling with this past month or more. I did have a problem looking up on a few putts and pushing them right. My Bad, but overall so far I am very impressed with this putter. It is very easy to align and you can concentrate on your line and not your alignment.

More to come after my next few rounds and over the next few months.

Thanks again to THP and SeeMore for allowing me the opportunity to review this product and improve my putting.

View attachment 2329

View attachment 2330

Awesome write-up rr. Can't wait for more.

nice write up RR

Great writeup rr, I am glad you have been able to have immediate success.

I now have 5 ½ rounds in with BB. 99 trips to the dance floor. We’re really starting to find out how good a fit for each other we are. She’s a gal full of sweet southern charm coming from Tennessee and she is a natural beauty. Took her out in the bright sunshine yesterday and she is flawless looking, no bells or whistles, doesn’t need any flashy jewelry or makeup, just a good all American girl.

I’ll post some data a little in this review. I want to take just a minute and once again thank SeeMore and THP for the opportunity to be a tester for a SeeMore putter. I also really want to thank Ted Gallina again too. After reading some of the posts from other testers I can appreciate even more how valuable the time I spent with Ted was.

As with any changes in golf some are having challenges with the putting stroke going from SBST to an arc, ball position, standing taller at address, etc. I encourage all of the other testers to stay with it and work through the frustration. I’m sure my results would be different had I not spent one on one time with Ted.

So, I encourage you to keep at it. I had never experienced fatigue in my back from putting prior to my time in the SeeMore putting studio. Ted spent time with me working on each new change that I was going to have to make to have success with BB and I putted more balls in my fitting session than at other time I have spent on a putting green. Ted made sure I had a good understanding of each of the fundamentals that I would use every time I took BB out on the dance floor. We didn’t move on until Ted was satisfied that I understood and could duplicate what it was that had been working on. He also taught me how to self diagnose while I was on the green so I could make adjustments on the fly.

A big part of the teaching was just that, being able to understand what caused my misses and what adjustments I could make immediately to make corrections. Thanks Ted, it’s working!

Here is a comparison of my putting statistics from my last 5 rounds with Black Beauty versus my last 5 rounds with my old putter:

Black Beauty Odyssey
Total Putts 30.0 per round 30.6 per round
Putts Per GIR 1.83 1.95
One Putts 6.4 6.1
Three Putts 0.0 0.40
Total Distance Made 77.8 71.0

Five rounds with BB and the data speaks for itself. I was a little concerned about my decision to have an exclusive relationship with BB before I ever left to meet her but it was definitely the right decision to make. Remember, I left Louisville without the Odyssey. Didn’t want to have a fall back just because things may not go my way with BB on our first date.

I haven’t read any updates on the SeeMore testing yet today and I’m not sure how long anyone else has had their new SeeMore but please remember that you can always leverage your resources with SeeMore. Call Ted. I believe he’s expecting someone to call in the next day or two if a call hasn’t already been made.

If you’re struggling please have video or pics taken if it all possible and get them to Ted. I’m sure he can take a look, diagnose, and provide corrections much quicker than any of us could figure it out on our own. Also gives him feedback on how we’re doing with our new gamers.

Just an FYI….please don’t be concerned about my relationship with BB just because I don’t have any new date details over the next few days. The earliest we can go dancing again will probably be Thursday. We’ve had 2 inches on rain in Louisville already today and it hasn’t stopped yet. Trust me, I’ll be giving my gal a whirl around the dance floor first chance I get. Love holding onto that girl. It’s like we were made for each other.:D

Back