What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped counting at 90 LOL. How is it possible to go from shooting a 79 to only just breaking 100 within the space of a week?????

This should probably go in the melt down thread haha...92 today with a 40 going out and and 52 coming in. I was laughing to myself by 16, it's really all I could do.

Just got home from 9 after work. After the disaster 88 I had on Sunday, everything seemed to click and I shot a 39. Hit 6/7 fairways, with 5 gir, 1 birdie, 4 pars, 4 bogeys. The wind was pretty good behind us on a few holes and I had drives of 352 on 1, 284 on 2, and 289 on 5. Also birdied hole 4 from about 4 inches (169 yd par 3). I wish all days were like this, but this is why we keep playing. Cheers.

82 with only 1 birdie. No doubles though. If my putter would cooperate, i could finally break 80.

played after work today
theyre aerating greens so the front was completely closed
played the back 2x and play was slow
started birdie par par then the wheels fell off
i totally rory'd the rest of the round and it went bogey double triple quad par etc
oh yeah with each and every hole we played the wind increased by 2mph and was howling by the time we finished
i hit a frikken 5i from 135 and came up 20yrds short on the exact same hole a few hours earlier i hit an 8i to the middle ... thats how much the wind changed... crazy

This should probably go in the melt down thread haha...92 today with a 40 going out and and 52 coming in. I was laughing to myself by 16, it's really all I could do.

been there a lot this year, just gotta keep plugging away

Got out today! practiced for a while, played an unofficial 9, practiced some more. Can't think of a thing in the world i'd rather have been doing.

This was only the second time i've golfed this year after spending all winter in my garage reconstructing my swing. My swing change seems to have taken less time to take effect than tiger's :D. I was hitting some 6 irons into the green on 5 (well attempting to, but mainly hooking them into the trees), went over to a couple of guys on 7 when they got done putting to talk about the masters and they said they didn't even recognize my swing because it was so much better. So naturally when they left I confidentally strolled up to my next ball, and promptly duck hooked it ob. :D

See the course i belong to is a dog track, you can't really practice short game there because the greens are so thick with no undulation that there's almost no break on them at all, so going to a course with even average breaking greens can be a difficult transition. It is the hardest of the small town nine hole courses in the county, but that's not saying much. However the beautifully wonderful thing about this course is that it's cheap to be a member, the members are pretty cool, and there's rarely anyone on the course during the week. Which means that when i practice i get to practice actual golf shots on an actual golf course instead of having to make that transition from the range to the course. I do believe this has helped my game.

I started hitting lob wedges on one (it's a two tiered dog leg right with trees and water left so unless your drive is on the left side of the fairway you have to lay up to a hill that starts about a 100 yards out. i was much further in than the 100 yard mark), working on my impact position was the theme of the day. I hit them great and i could never hit a full lob wedge last year. i hit 6 (first one was good but my alignment was waay left), three of them ended up with a 4 foot radius of each other on the green, with the first one being way left of them, a 5th just off another 10 feet on the fringe and i thinned the last one short of the green. I was extremely pleased.

I'm not going to go bore you with shot by shot of a practice session, i was hooking a lot shots, which was ok because i'm practicing using an old set of unforgiving dunlaps, and at first I was concentrating on alignment, ball position, grooving my body at impact and getting my right side through the ball, not necessarily caring what the shot result was. At the end I was hitting a 6-8 iron and working on shot results, slowing myself down and make sure we go straight and not left. I also worked on some tom watson ball workability (never knew how to draw or fade before hearing him talk about opening or closing your stance and taking a normal swing), i hit one baby draw i was quite pleased with, but mostly just topped the ball.

Finished by doing some chipping. I'd keep saying "one last round and then i'll go", i'd hit them then find myself putting them back off the green and going again. Eventually i chipped one in and said, ok we'll end on a make, enough for today.

My friend and I have a 7am tee time here tomorrow, so i'm really excited to see how it goes.

39. Went bogey-double on the last 2 holes. Should have shot even.

45-39 for 84. I got to the course 25 minutes late due to traffic and didn't have time to hit any balls before the round...so naturally, I carded a smooth quadruple bogey on #1, a par-5. I hit 2 trees and took an unplayable lie, it was Rory-esque. My short game was really working though, I only had 30 putts all day. My back nine was particularly good, I was -1 for the back nine until I had a terrible finish, triple on 17 and bogey on 18. The course was playing fairly short, so it was fun to hit some shorter clubs into greens today. I had 3 birdies as well, which is a high number for me in a round. I just need to keep the blowup holes to a minimum and drive the ball a little better, and I'll be breaking 80, I can feel it coming.

45-39 for 84. I got to the course 25 minutes late due to traffic and didn't have time to hit any balls before the round...so naturally, I carded a smooth quadruple bogey on #1, a par-5. I hit 2 trees and took an unplayable lie, it was Rory-esque. My short game was really working though, I only had 30 putts all day. My back nine was particularly good, I was -1 for the back nine until I had a terrible finish, triple on 17 and bogey on 18. The course was playing fairly short, so it was fun to hit some shorter clubs into greens today. I had 3 birdies as well, which is a high number for me in a round. I just need to keep the blowup holes to a minimum and drive the ball a little better, and I'll be breaking 80, I can feel it coming.

Yea i hate rounds like that and they always tend to happen that way

I shot a 78 yesterday at Northstone Country Club. I had 5 too many putts!
Hit 11/14 Fairways and 12/18 Greens. My putter really hurt me. If you take away my 5 unnecessary putts I would have won :banghead:
I will just have to practice a little more with the flat stick and see if I can get all points of my game firing on all cylinders.

39. Went bogey-double on the last 2 holes. Should have shot even.

I feel your pain clay! I have finished very similar to this in at least 3 high school matches this year

I shot a 78 yesterday at Northstone Country Club. I had 5 too many putts!
Hit 11/14 Fairways and 12/18 Greens. My putter really hurt me. If you take away my 5 unnecessary putts I would have won :banghead:
I will just have to practice a little more with the flat stick and see if I can get all points of my game firing on all cylinders.

thats a great round Lukey! I played in my first tournament on sunday and carded an 82 (44/38) with NO birdies. Had a tap in birdie chance on the 3rd hole that lipped all around the cup but wouldnt go down. I was playing very very consistent but never gave myself a chance to get some strokes back. I was on my way to a nice 36 on the back 9 but ended up bogey bogey on tough par 5 into the wind and a 210 yard par 3 closing hole. Definitely need to work on my bunker play and my putting from inside 10ft. Could saved myself a few strokes and possibly won the tournament! As it were, I finished T2 using the stableford point systems with 33 points. Winner was in my group and had 36 points.

Didn't go so well today. In my defense, my friend had an 11 o clock class, and because of frost we couldn't tee off until 8, so we were rushing the entire round. I can count the number of practice swings i took on one hand. Shot a 53 on the front, my friend shot a 49 and I haven't seen him shoot that high of a score in at least 8 years; so it was just that kind of day

Shot a 47 yesterday... GRRRRR. 3, 3 putts on my first 6 holes. I then barely two putted a par 3 I should've saved for par. Texted One T and my next putt was a 15 footer I sank for par. Ended up par'ing the last two holes which semi saved my round.

#10, double.. THen #11 happened. Shorter Par 5. Dog leg so its my 3w/M1 then M3 to close to the green. I absolutely crushed my M1. 269 GPS'd. But of course it rolled on the cart part and got me an extra 15-20 lol. I had 198 to the pin with about 205 to the back of the green. It's a narrow green (maybe less than 10 yards) andI just faded (haha) my M3 to the left towards the back. I felt a good chance for a birdie and left my eagle chip about 4 inches from the hole. Tap in Birdie. Hit a great shot on the next hole but bladed my chip. Still bogeyed. I have no idea how the back 9 would've turned out but was much better than the front.

Shot a 47 yesterday... GRRRRR. 3, 3 putts on my first 6 holes. I then barely two putted a par 3 I should've saved for par. Texted One T and my next putt was a 15 footer I sank for par. Ended up par'ing the last two holes which semi saved my round.

#10, double.. THen #11 happened. Shorter Par 5. Dog leg so its my 3w/M1 then M3 to close to the green. I absolutely crushed my M1. 269 GPS'd. But of course it rolled on the cart part and got me an extra 15-20 lol. I had 198 to the pin with about 205 to the back of the green. It's a narrow green (maybe less than 10 yards) andI just faded (haha) my M3 to the left towards the back. I felt a good chance for a birdie and left my eagle chip about 4 inches from the hole. Tap in Birdie. Hit a great shot on the next hole but bladed my chip. Still bogeyed. I have no idea how the back 9 would've turned out but was much better than the front.

Nice birdie Broham!!!

A weird one today. Three 8's, one 7, three birdies, Drove two par 4's, all for a round of 86. One of the strangest rounds of my life LOL

Played Reunion Golf Resort yesterday, The Tradition course in Florida. Started each nine with a double bubble followed by a birdie. The other 14 holes consisted of four boggies, a birdie and the rest pars. 77 was not the best I could have shot, I missed three birds inside 10ft and 2 inside 20. Bunker play cost me all of my shots. Very heavy sand that I never adjusted to through the day. All in all made some great swings with my new move and hit the ball along way. Liking my chance in Myrtle Beach the next 4 days. Lots of money to be won, cigars to smoke and bourbon to be consumed. :banana:

Shot a 37 on the front nine of a par 70 in the pouring rain today. My ball striking was the best that I've ever had and I hit 7/7 fairways. I had 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, and 4 pars through the first 8 holes. I doubled the last hole with a three putt. I could have shot even or one over. Oh well, I'm still very happy with my round. On the plus side, through 9 rounds this year, I'm playing at a 7.4 handicap compared to my 14 at the end of last year.

Yesterday, 78. I played from the middle tees (6300 yds) in order to shorten the course so I could player-test my new 8-PW MP-52's. I figured the shorter course would afford more opportunities to use them. Strategy worked, love the irons, was pounding driver all day. Should have shot much better. For example, although I birdied 3 out of the 4 par-5's, on the one that I parred, I three-putted from only 15 or so feet. I went after the eagle putt and left too much meat on that bone.

That was typical for the day as I had plenty of putts for birdie and was (overly)aggressive with pretty much all of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back