BMW Championship PGA Playoffs return to Cherry Hills

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap
I'm so pumped and its 3 years away! PGA Golf hasn't been back to Denver since "The International" left a few years ago due to lack of sponsorship I believe?

http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tournaments/r028/04/12/bmw-cherry-hills/index.html

This is going to be awesome! I will definitely be a part of this, somehow someway!

Cherry Hills is where "in 1960, Arnold Palmer won the Open with a score of four under par. After three unsuccessful attempts, Palmer finally drove the first green (355-yard par four) in the fourth round on his way to victory. After laying up on the par-5 17th hole, 47-year old Ben Hogan spun his third shot back from the cup into the water and bogeyed".

I can't contain myself.

That is awesome, I really miss the International, I liked the scoring format and I loved that course. Who could forget when Rich Beem won the International with Steve Lowery and him making bombs from all over the course, Lowery had a double eagle even! Great venue and I'm glad to see it back on the PGA Tour.

I love having this event in Chicagoland at Cog Hill. We will host it again this year, but I think next year is somewhere else because of the Ryder Cup. While I am glad about your enthusiam to see an event return to Cherry Hills, I hope it doesn't permanently move from chicagoland.

P4B, the first ever live tournament play I got to see was at the International. I get to play that course (Castle Pines) once a year now because a buddy of mine (who STILL hasn't joined this site and I keep pestering him!) work hosts an annual tournament there. It is absolutely gorgeous! That course has more elevation changes than Charlie Sheen has... well, a lot! I'm interested to see what Cherry Hills looks like now, I last was there for the Women's US Open and it was TIGHT! Trees on both sides of the every fairwary and the fairways were cut VERY narrow and the rough was barely cut at all! I know they lengthened it again and removed trees because I can't imagine it would've played very long for the men. Altitude could mess with some of the players at a very critical juncture of that year's playoff, so we might have more players come here earlier to check it out which would be fantastic!

I love having this event in Chicagoland at Cog Hill. We will host it again this year, but I think next year is somewhere else because of the Ryder Cup. While I am glad about your enthusiam to see an event return to Cherry Hills, I hope it doesn't permanently move from chicagoland.

I believe after this year it will be at crooked stick in indianapolis

That is awesome, I really miss the International, I liked the scoring format and I loved that course. Who could forget when Rich Beem won the International with Steve Lowery and him making bombs from all over the course, Lowery had a double eagle even! Great venue and I'm glad to see it back on the PGA Tour.

I was working as a hole marshal on the 17th when Lowery made his double eagle. I worked that hole for four of the last five years of the tournament. I loved the modified Stableford that they used for scoring. It made for a great change from the day in, day out straight stroke scoring. I'm happy to see Denver get a chance to host another Tour event. The US Women's Open is being held at The Broadmoor East Course in Colorado Springs this summer.

I was working as a hole marshal on the 17th when Lowery made his double eagle. I worked that hole for four of the last five years of the tournament. I loved the modified Stableford that they used for scoring. It made for a great change from the day in, day out straight stroke scoring. I'm happy to see Denver get a chance to host another Tour event. The US Women's Open is being held at The Broadmoor East Course in Colorado Springs this summer.

Are you going FP? I'm hoping to head down at least one day... got to see a practice round and Sat/Sun in 2005 at the Women's open at Cherry Hills. Was freaking awesome!

Are you going FP? I'm hoping to head down at least one day... got to see a practice round and Sat/Sun in 2005 at the Women's open at Cherry Hills. Was freaking awesome!

No Idea. As a CGA rules official, I could probably work there if I knew I had the time available, but this summer is already loaded and then some. I have to skip one of my men's club tournaments to play in our Mountain States outing, and I'm also forced to skip the next tournament after that too. This is turning out to be a difficult summer for scheduling.

Back