steeler_fan67

Reaction score
Handicap
All
I have been looking at forum for a while and recently joined. I have been golfing since i was in my 30's, 54 now. I am a a lifetime high hacker due to severe back problems and a fused left Ankle (can bend it). did the damage to ankle on a rainy day in January Trying out new irons (slipped and broke it and it never healed right).
I love the game and would rather live with the pain during and after every round rather then give it up. Luckly my normal Foursome knows my limitations and helps me with things to reduce the amount of bending during a round.

I have played all maner of irons and drivers over the years. My current set is Adams IDEA A7OS max. I figured with my back and slow swing i needed to go with the most forgiving irons and hybrids i could find. I also use Taylor Made R7 Superquad Senior fles with 11.5 (first driver i can keep in fairway 170-190 yards), Tayor Made R7 Rescue, and the one club that has been in by bag and won't leave ever is my old Lynx Blackcat 5 wood.

To help my back i also use a vintage Zebra Ram long putter. I think with this new combo i will finally get back into th 90's. I lost that ability over the years due to shorter distance and i lot control of my short irons. Old irons were either my Lynx parallax or Taylor Made RAX. Love the game.

Hopefully i will find ways to continue to play well into my 60's and 70's. Great site here since no-one puts down the high handicappers or the users of super game improvement clubs and hybrids. Hope to visit and be more active now that i finally started to Post

Also you can tell by my user name i am active Steeler Fan. Grew up in Pittsburgh before Moving to California in the 80's

Oh i am also a car nut, driving a 67 impala and 72 Buick Skylark as my daily driver. The Great thing about the impala is i can fit my foursome and all the clubs with room to spare.

Steeler_fan 67.

Welcome to THP.

:welcome: I hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome to the site - great to hear that you are still out there hacking away even after the injuries!!

Welcome to THP, enjoy your stay.

Welcome to THP steeler fan. Sorry to hear about your physical misfortunes, but I can sympathize some. I have broken my right knee cap in half, and then several years later, and 5 years ago, tore the acl, mcl, and meniscus in the same knee. Coupled with a bad back of my own, well, I feel your pain. It is good that you have found a way to keep playing, and that your foursome helps you out as well. I too am a bit of a car nut. My first car was a 69 Pontiac LeMans SS. Same body style as the GTO with the 350 engine. Now I roll in a 1990 Porsche 944 S2 Convertible. I can fit one set of clubs in the trunk, and another in the back seat (just barely, it is tiny), myself and one other person, but that is it.

Welcome to THP, thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. You're going to love it here!

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP Steeler_fan67!

welcome to the site!

Welcome to the funnest place ever!! Hehe

Cheers

Welcome! Glad to have you.

Welcome to THP, Hope make make your goals quickly

WElcome to THP !!

Welcome to :THP:
Once I move back to California next month we'll have to go play Empire Ranch. By the way, you joined the best golf forum around!

Uscgmk
just played empire last friday. i live a few miles from there. this weekend i am hoping for wildhawk in aubrun.
let me i will look for you username so i know when you are back in the state

Ya definitely look me up. I'm always down to play. Especially since I will have a month off work.

Back