What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 79 on Saturday, another windy day here, played from Blue tees at Waterview in Rowlett TX. Wind was blowing hard enough (20-25 mph with gusts to maybe 35? ) that a 200 plus yard par 3 that I would normally hit a 4 or a 5 iron into I hit 3 wood and barely got there. A short par 4 on the back nine (280 something) I hit 3 wood there off the tee with that wind mostly from behind and was pin high just off the green right. Putted better so my theory of only practicing on fast surfaces, never on slow, is working so far. Had a couple of bad holes in the middle, too many bogeys on the front starting out which I attribute to missing greens because of the wind mostly but also because I didn't warm up at all except to putt a few and chip for 5 minutes.

had a career 9 today and was 2 under till a 3 string bogey streak hit and finished with a par
1 over on aerated greens
hitting 5 greens really helps
almost aced a short par3... tap in birdie
got on in 2 on a short par5... missed my eagle putt but a rotation... tap in birdie
every bogey i missed the greens and had a crappy chip shot for 2 putts
my first 9 i dont even wanna talk about... it was bad but dang i had a great 2nd half

I always prefer ending on a good note. Sounds like you are playing better and better lately

I always prefer ending on a good note. Sounds like you are playing better and better lately

ending good is always better than getting worse lol i just wish i started decent... im hoping i play a complete round soon

ending good is always better than getting worse lol i just wish i started decent... im hoping i play a complete round soon

I Seem to be ending good, but just starting off bad

I think my last 3 rounds, my back nine score has been 8,10,9 strokes better overall than the front

Took my sister to the course today for her first round since last October. She passed on hitting a bucket of balls and off we went. Due to shoulder problems she has no distance whatsoever.(100-120) but she is consistent with every swing and she putts like a seasoned pro. My day started off pretty bad with a snowman on the N0.1 par 4. Two bogeys and a par later, I started hitting more solid and with the exception of a couple of overchips, I was scoring very well. I finished my round with a quad, 1 double, 4 bogeys and 2 birds for an even 80. I am slowly getting my short game back and the Bettinardi BC-6 rolls so well I will recommend it to anyone that asks. BTW, my sister shot a 94 which is fantastic since she has not played in nearly 6 months.

shot a 97 today on a new course. very happy with my iron play didnt duff one shot. wedges was ok struggled with my new xft wedges for the first 5-6 holes but my driver and putting killed me today need to put some time in on the range with the big stick as its the best ive hit my irons and woods

Played with my brother today at a killer golf course nestled in the Mountains of NC. It was a first timer for both of us and we'll both being going back for sure. The course is awesome and features some really difficult par 4's, in fact, some of the toughest ones I've played around here. Length and accuracy is a premium if you want to be successful on this course. We played one up from the tips (about 6500 yards) and I'd say the bulk of that length comes on the par 3's and par 4's. The longest par 5 was like 520 yards, but they are all twisty and narrow so precision is what's necessary to be successful on the par 5's.

Anyway, we started out on 10 and I went out in 40 and came home in 39 for a 79. I had 20 putts on the front (back) 9 which is just awful. In fact, I started out 3 over after the first 4 holes and I hit all 4 greens in regulation. Just not a good day with the putter at all.

40/39 for a 79
Had 36 putts
Hit 8/14 fairways
Hit 11/18 greens
Had 2 birdies, 9 bogeys (5 of which were 3 putts), and 7 pars

I'm really pleased with my game tee to green and am seriously looking forward to the DART showing up.

Nice job, dude. Take those three putts out of the equation and you have a very low score. Not to say that you didn't already, but I know you are thinking it. Your ball striking really seems to be rocking right now.

Played with my brother today at a killer golf course nestled in the Mountains of NC. It was a first timer for both of us and we'll both being going back for sure. The course is awesome and features some really difficult par 4's, in fact, some of the toughest ones I've played around here. Length and accuracy is a premium if you want to be successful on this course. We played one up from the tips (about 6500 yards) and I'd say the bulk of that length comes on the par 3's and par 4's. The longest par 5 was like 520 yards, but they are all twisty and narrow so precision is what's necessary to be successful on the par 5's.

Anyway, we started out on 10 and I went out in 40 and came home in 39 for a 79. I had 20 putts on the front (back) 9 which is just awful. In fact, I started out 3 over after the first 4 holes and I hit all 4 greens in regulation. Just not a good day with the putter at all.

40/39 for a 79
Had 36 putts
Hit 8/14 fairways
Hit 11/18 greens

I'm really pleased with my game tee to green and am seriously looking forward to the DART showing up.

40/39 for a 79
Had 36 putts
Hit 8/14 fairways
Hit 11/18 greens

Good shooting homey, you're really going to start firing on all cylinders when that DART shows up.

Nice shooting Cap'n, putting is the easiest thing to fix and the Dart will take care of that for you.

Man, that was a tough course, we carved it up though. Both of us hit a lot of GIRS and FIRS, so it made golf a lot of fun. I pulled away with an 85- 41/44, I left some strokes out there but I am getting back to striking the ball well. TC was hammering his driver all day, it sure was fun to watch.

40/39 for a 79
Had 36 putts
Hit 8/14 fairways
Hit 11/18 greens

Nice rounds bro cha cha's

Just nine this evening shooting a 40, and I got to buy at the end.............

First full 18 holes from the tips today, shot 85. Short games rusty, putting is good, cured my snap hooks on 6 and never looked back.

I feel so much farther ahead with this golf swing than I ever was last summer. Had a 2 putt birdie today too. Woo!

First full 18 holes from the tips today, shot 85. Short games rusty, putting is good, cured my snap hooks on 6 and never looked back.

I feel so much farther ahead with this golf swing than I ever was last summer. Had a 2 putt birdie today too. Woo!

Nice bro, keep it up!!!! How close was the eagle to going in?

Played a quick 9 after work today, shot a 48 but really felt like I could have shot so much better if I could only hit an iron half way decent. Only missed 3 fairways and none of those were all that bad but I had 0 GIR which I really need to improve upon.

Second round of the season -- shot an 85 with only 2 GIR and 3 pars but did manage both an eagle and a birdie with 32 putts and no triple bogies. Driver was a bit wild, irons inconsistent and chipping weak but the putter was reasonable and the sand game was solid.

dude everyones killing it! something about spring time after a long winter makes for great golf!

April 13/2011 6:00pm 12*c

Wardsville Golf Club "Theodore"
Blue Tees - 3105 yards

(1) Par 3 - 4
(2) Par 4 - 5
(3) Par 4 - 4
(4) Par 3 - 3
(5) Par 5 - 5
(6) Par 4 - 3
(7) Par 4 - 4
(8) Par 4 - 4
(9) Par 4 - 4

Total 36

Scambling 3/5 (60%)
Fairways Hit 0/7 (0%)
GIR 4/9 (44%)
Putts 14

I really struggled off the tee, with some big misses early in the round. Iron play was solid with near misses on greens no. 7-9. Put a new putter in play today and after some adjustment period I had several near misses. Liking the results so far.

April 13/2011 6:00pm 12*c

Wardsville Golf Club "Theodore"
Blue Tees - 3105 yards

(1) Par 3 - 4
(2) Par 4 - 5
(3) Par 4 - 4
(4) Par 3 - 3
(5) Par 5 - 5
(6) Par 4 - 3
(7) Par 4 - 4
(8) Par 4 - 4
(9) Par 4 - 4

Total 36

Scambling 3/5 (60%)
Fairways Hit 0/7 (0%)
GIR 4/9 (44%)
Putts 14

I really struggled off the tee, with some big misses early in the round. Iron play was solid with near misses on greens no. 7-9. Put a new putter in play today and after some adjustment period I had several near misses. Liking the results so far.

nice work nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back