davo777

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Guys,

I was hitting the r9 460 today on the launch monitor and loved it. I was hitting the 9.5* and my launch angle was about 12-14 degrees - do you guys know if this sounds ideal? The guy in the shop seemed certain that I don't need the 10.5* so just wanted to get your opinions.

Also, if setting the club in the UPRIGHT NEUTRAL position, does it mean that a 9.5* club will play as a 10.5* ?

I guess I am just ensuring a margin of safety in that if I buy the 9.5* and my ballflight is a little low out on the course I can tweak it to get it up to the 10.5* launch angle.

Thanks in advance

Hi. The neutral an neutral upright set the clubface square and so plays to the stated loft . the difference is in the flight. The neutral upright will give you a slight draw. To change the effective loft you will have to open or close the clubface by adjusting it right or left. Moving it open decreases the loft an vice versa. It''s best to play around with the settings to see what suits you. Since you don't mention it, I assume that the fitter thought that your spin rates were OK.

I see, that is interesting. The guy at the golf shop did not explain that to me. Sometimes I wonder if they actually know much about the equipment they are selling.
He did not mention anything about spin rates to me so I am not too sure.

Thanks for your help. I think I may speak to my pro who I get lessons with & see what he thinks.

Back