Srixon Z-Star Irons

Exactly why we have THP Demo Days.

I know, I know and after seeing the pictures of last year's outing and reading the thread I was bound and determined to go this year and meet everyone. Plus, I owe KellyBo a hug and flowers for turning me on to the VisionTrack after all. But the one date a man can't change is his anniversary and we always take our vacation the week of our anniversary. So I'll be in the Italian Riviera during the outing. It was a tough choice for me, but an easy one for my wife. :beauty:

Did we really just have to go there again? I can't wait to try these things out. I will probably have to wrestle them out of JB's hands, but I'm hoping to hit them plenty against the competition.

Where did we go? Look forward to reading the Hawks impression of these.

I seriously need loft. Otherwise I'm hitting a 5 iron from 140 haha.

After this weekend you should have all that worked out though.

After this weekend you should have all that worked out though.

For sure. I love the look of these irons and the lofts, but I'm most interested in the forgiveness.

For sure. I love the look of these irons and the lofts, but I'm most interested in the forgiveness.

These could be exactly what you're looking for, despite the lofts and all that. Just be careful. I can't imagine how much it would suck to hit a PW 140-150, I mean, who wants that? Distance, accuracy, all piled up into a scoring club, that's so stupid.

For sure. I love the look of these irons and the lofts, but I'm most interested in the forgiveness + workability.

I know this is what you meant. +1

These could be exactly what you're looking for, despite the lofts and all that. Just be careful. I can't imagine how much it would suck to hit a PW 140-150, I mean, who wants that? Distance, accuracy, all piled up into a scoring club, that's so stupid.

Well, I probably won't get that much, but I'd like to get something in the 125-130 range. That would change my game.

I know this is what you meant. +1

Thanks. Forgot to add how much I want to feel that buttery goodness.

I think it's really interesting how the design of cavity back clubs varies. If you look at the most recent Taylormade and Mizuno offerings they both have some added thickness/weight in the center of the face whereas Callaway and Srixon leave a void. These look a lot like an older Callaway X-20/22 tour style iron. I would be interested in seeing how they compare to those offerings.

unfortunately, or maybe fortunately for me my pw at a normal loft flies 150-155. i have to carry 4 wedges to have a shot from where everyone scores lol

I think so. I have not had any issue with club head size at all. I would think if they started getting too small, I would notice forgiveness issues and that has just not been the case for me yet. THey are getting 4 rounds of golf this weekend, so my feelings could obviously change.

Thanks, JB, as always. After my fitting a couple days ago, I am definitely going to replace my 2.0s with either the CG16 Tours, Razr X Tours, TM CBs or the Srixon Z Star - since the Z Star is the only one I can't hit, I look forward to hearing the results of your 4 round Z Star party this weekend!

After talking to JB last night, I want to hit these things even more. From the sounds of it, these are a total package.

After talking to JB last night, I want to hit these things even more. From the sounds of it, these are a total package.

They have a great look too. Not too thin, not too thick. I like the little sparkle they metal in the cavity gives off too. Can't wait to hear more feedback on these.

Stay away from my irons dude...hehe

Stay away from my irons dude...hehe

Maybe I'll sneak down to the staff bag room in the middle of the night for some one on one time with the Z Stars.

Maybe I'll sneak down to the staff bag room in the middle of the night for some one on one time with the Z Stars.

1 story house.

and

I sleep with them.

I'd break my outing no buying deal for these irons.

They have a very Callawayish look about them. Those baby's look sharp.

They have a very Callawayish look about them. Those baby's look sharp.

Now that you mention it they kinda look like the Razr X Forged. The finish looks at same at least.

Callaway-RAZR-X-Forged.jpg

Now that you mention it they kinda look like the Razr X Forged. The finish looks at same at least.

Maybe the finish, but outside of that nothing alike when looking at them together. Larger, thicker and different overall look. If you want I can post some side by sides tomorrow.

Back