Lessons: I take back everything that I said

I feel finding an instructor and method that you feel comfortable with and are willing to commit to is most important.

I've struggled with my short irons since my lessons, but I am crushing my long irons and driving much better than before. It is going to take practice and time to get the changes ingrained.

"it gets worse before it gets better"

100% true, btw. Sometimes it takes a while to unlearn something that has become habit. I find myself going back and correcting the same problems every so often as they like to creep back into my swing. Its like pruining a garden.

I just want to point out that 9 times out of 10, what we think we need as golfers is incorrect as well.

Totally agree, when I started taking some lessons again a few months ago to fix my driver swing, what I thought I was doing, and what I actually was doing were two very different things.

One good tip I have found usual, is keeping a progress report. Write down the good moments and reflect back on what you did right and how it felt. Keeping a diary on the good stuff ,reinforces your mind and ultimately your game improvement.

"it gets worse before it gets better"

100% true, btw. Sometimes it takes a while to unlearn something that has become habit. I find myself going back and correcting the same problems every so often as they like to creep back into my swing. Its like pruining a garden.
Definetly true. When I first started learning how to shift my weight during my swing I was hitting HORRIBLE shots but now that Ive worked with it more its gotten better.
Yesterday I was hitting some very nice shots: straight, good distance, piercing trajectory with a slight little fade. I'll take a little fade of the push shots that Ive been hitting!
Thats been after just 2 days. I cant wait to see how far my game can go after Ive been taking lessons for a while!

Back