bumpnrun

Reaction score
Handicap
This morning was terrible. I had been thinking about getting a round in before a new weather front moved in and soaked the course for another week. When I awoke however, I could hear the rain coming down already. "Not again," I thought to myself.

Things got worse from there. Computer problems. I HATE computer problems! By mid morning I am ready to explode.

The rain let up for a moment so I decided to go to the range and take out my frustrations by beating on some golf balls. By the time I get to the course however, the sun has come out and I was the only car in the parking lot. I change plans and decide to head out on the front 9.

It is really wet but I don't care, it is so quiet the only thing I hear is the breeze in the trees, the birds singing and the sound of my own footsteps. When I get to the 4th green I find a family of deer (mama and 3 babies) lounging around the left greenside bunker. As I aproach they don't move. I stop and snap a few photos (I will post them later), putt out in front of my small gallery and move on to the 5th.

As I stand on the 5 tee box, I can see the resident swans and a collection of ducks both in and out of the water. As I get closer I notice that there are a variety of duck species including some Hooded Merganzers, that you don't see very often and A pair of Harlequin Ducks, a species I have never seen in real life. Incredible!

I finish my round, now fully relaxed and ready to get back to my afternoon appointments. I love this game.

IMAG0260.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome. As much as people talk about golf being so aggravating and all that, no matter what, once your on the golf course, everything else just takes a back seat to golf.

no matter how bad Im playing, there are very few other places Id rather be

i love days like that on the course when nothing else matters

Nice photo. I love the course under any condition

Great post. GREAT!

Absolutely awesome picture too. This game can introduce us to so many different and amazing things.

nice post and photo, yeah I know the feeling, I'm not a good golfer, but I absolutely love the sport.

The thing I LOVE about this post? Not one mention of how you were playing. That just sums it all up nicely. :D

I would love to see Deer on my local course, however the most commen animal on most of my local are snakes!

I would love to see Deer on my local course, however the most commen animal on most of my local are snakes!

I love deer (on a plate that is) and we have too many at our course. Not the animal we want to see. They leave pretty nice hoof marks when the walk around the greens, and the droppings create another problem.

Be careful what you wish for.

Animal droppings, don`t they give you a free drop if you land in them?

I play golf for many reasons, but the one highlighted in the OP is one of the more important ones for me, perspective. No other sport I've ever played has given me the perspective that golf has.

Sounds like you getting out on the front 9 was exactly what you needed. Pretty cool how things like that work out.

Very cool bumpnrun - thanks for sharing with us!

Awesome post, Gotta love seeing wildlife on the course.

Out here in the Pacific Northwest, it's rare to have a perfect sunny day on the course. I've finished with my shoes so muddy you can't tell what brand/color they are, my cloths soaked through, shot 100+, got to my car and thought, what a perfect day I just had, lol. My wife doesn't get it at all.

Great Post. I love early morning golfing...it's so quiet and serene, and when it's just me walking the course by myself it's really a relaxing time.

Good post. Golf more often than not relaxes me. There are times I come out more stressed than not (usually when I shoot low). Just hacking away without swing thoughts or a care in the world are the best times.

That's my favorite part about golf. Being outdoors and just enjoying nature. My buddies always start making fun of me when I comment about the scenary or how peaceful a round was but it is a big part of why I play.

The scores are secondary..........which is probably why mine are so high :D

Great post bump and beautiful pic! I love the deer just chilling out by the green. We have more turkeys at our golf course than deer but they are pretty interesting.

Out here in the Pacific Northwest, it's rare to have a perfect sunny day on the course. I've finished with my shoes so muddy you can't tell what brand/color they are, my cloths soaked through, shot 100+, got to my car and thought, what a perfect day I just had, lol. My wife doesn't get it at all.

i golf pretty much everyday rain or shine. One particular day it was raining pretty good and i came downstairs and my parents just looked at me like i was crazy and said "your golfing in this???" I said "ya its perfect out the course will be empty." They just laughed at me thinking i was kidding. then when they saw me putting my shoes on they reminded me again that it was raining. They just didnt get it.

i golf pretty much everyday rain or shine. One particular day it was raining pretty good and i came downstairs and my parents just looked at me like i was crazy and said "your golfing in this???" I said "ya its perfect out the course will be empty." They just laughed at me thinking i was kidding. then when they saw me putting my shoes on they reminded me again that it was raining. They just didnt get it.

+1, me and this kid like golfing in no matter what weather. I'd like to invest in a nice rain suit this year. If I got a rain cover coveringr my clubs, my rain gloves, and a nice jacket I am so set.

+1, me and this kid like golfing in no matter what weather. I'd like to invest in a nice rain suit this year. If I got a rain cover coveringr my clubs, my rain gloves, and a nice jacket I am so set.

ppl ask me why in the heck i play when its so crappy out... usually when its freezing not raining... but i absolutely love an empty course

Just as a warning guys. If I ever post a topic with the title 'why I golf', be prepared to open it and see a picture of my other half.

Just as a warning guys. If I ever post a topic with the title 'why I golf', be prepared to open it and see a picture of my other half.

are you dating natalie gulbis? lol

now thats funny!

Back