Turn that hat around Jr.

bumpnrun

Reaction score
Handicap
With Ricky Fowler being asked by an Augusta National Member to wear his hat "brim forward" I was wondering what THPers think about backwards facing hats.

I personally think dresscodes are an important part of the game but don't mind a bit of personality within limits. At my home club I would rather see a well dressed, fashon forward, youngster with his hat on backwards than some of the shabbily dressed folks that meet the letter of the dress code but still look like bums.

furyk1.blog.jpg

rickie-fowler.jpg

I don't see a problem........

Personally I think when one is indoors one should remove one's hat. Of course this is a former Marine talking. :)

Personally I think when one is indoors one should remove one's hat. Of course this is a former Marine talking. :)

Agreed. Wearing a hat inside is a sign of disrespect. If I am going to have hat head, I want everybody else to have hat head too :act-up:

LOL I'm sitting here reading this and I have my hat facing backwards.........

as long as his cap isnt on sideways or if like furyk he turns it around so its not in his way in the pouring rain then turns it back around then why not?

As a retired Law Enforcment I as well understand what you mean. But since I'm retired I dont do that most of the time

I am probably not the average THPer - I belong to a club but I don't really care at all about fashion. I care about playing golf. If you can hit the ball and get it on in something close to regulation and don't spend an hour over every putt you can wear any shirt, any pants and any shoes and I don't care if your girl friend is out there in a bikini on a hot day. In fact I would recommend that, but I digress. If a guy wants to wear a hat backwards, upside down or pinned to his hind end I could care less, honestly. I don't think it makes me more comfortable to be around people who spend $500 on their neatly pressed golf outfit vs someone who wears jeans to play, after all, I am sure Bernie Madoff spent at least that much, all of it bought with his fellow club members' money that he was systematically stealing from them.

Don't short change yourself Sean. Once a Marine, always a Marine. At least that's what my dad has always told me. And I agree with you, take your hat off when you go inside, but then again, I shave my head, so I don't have to worry about hat head.

I'd make him lose the cap period until he learned how to properly break one in. But that is me. :D :D :D

I couldn't care less, but if you're at a private club and that's what the members want than that's what you have to do. No big deal, just spin it back around once you get to your car and leave.

I shave my head, so I don't have to worry about hat head.

It still happens. If the hat is too tight it leaves an indentation around my dome.

Couples was the only one I noticed who took his hat off for the interviews. Sponsors probably define this in the contracts. Fowler is just being Fowler, if he doesn't win soon nobody will care. I remember the announcers ranting negatively about Villegas's outfits just a couple years ago. Now look at the guys, Mahan, Daly, Fowler, Moore, look like total clowns out there. So far all Fowler has shown me is that he can ride a motorbike, wow, and dresses like a teenager, wow.

Who cares!!! Its a hat! Don't they have better things to worry about?

Don't short change yourself Sean. Once a Marine, always a Marine. At least that's what my dad has always told me. And I agree with you, take your hat off when you go inside, but then again, I shave my head, so I don't have to worry about hat head.
:laughing:

I'd make him lose the cap period until he learned how to properly break one in. But that is me. :D :D :D

I like the flat brimmed look. Its new, stylish, and Rickie Fowler Does it!!! :D

If he was asked to do it, he should do it. Which he did, so it is a non-issue. Is the rule a little stuffy? Sure. Is it a big deal? No.

Who cares!!! Its a hat! Don't they have better things to worry about?

You realize that Augusta National Members are every where and if you don't follow their policies.....well we won't speak of what happened to little tommy......

If he was asked to do it, he should do it. Which he did, so it is a non-issue. Is the rule a little stuffy? Sure. Is it a big deal? No.

After being asked twice, the second time being more of an order than a suggestion.

I am probably not the average THPer - I belong to a club but I don't really care at all about fashion. I care about playing golf. If you can hit the ball and get it on in something close to regulation and don't spend an hour over every putt you can wear any shirt, any pants and any shoes and I don't care if your girl friend is out there in a bikini on a hot day. In fact I would recommend that, but I digress. If a guy wants to wear a hat backwards, upside down or pinned to his hind end I could care less, honestly. I don't think it makes me more comfortable to be around people who spend $500 on their neatly pressed golf outfit vs someone who wears jeans to play, after all, I am sure Bernie Madoff spent at least that much, all of it bought with his fellow club members' money that he was systematically stealing from them.

Well said pjcedog, I agree. Don't care what's in your bag, if your outfit matches or if you are or are not and accessorized. Your white socks with your black shoes still distract me a little but if you're keeping up, let's play golf.

Does it have to be one or the other? Cant someone wear nice clothes and play good golf?

I like the flat brimmed look. Its new, stylish, and Rickie Fowler Does it!!! :D

Don't really see it as new, thinking Run DMC in the '80s. Stylish is in eye of the beholder I suppose so not going to argue that :smile: Fowler does what? (has he been hanging out with Dustin Johnson?) :D :D :D

Does it have to be one or the other? Cant someone wear nice clothes and play good golf?

Only if they're serious golfers. (you knew someone had to say it) :devil:

Ahh. I see. Hmm. That makes it a little different then. I have long said that I believe that the dress code for most places should be loosened, but I won't get into that. The fact of the matter is, if he was not abiding by the dress code, then he is in the wrong. At least he did eventually turn it around. If there is an issue, it seems to be with Ricky, much as I love the guy.
After being asked twice, the second time being more of an order than a suggestion.

Back