Even Tour Pro's can have a bad hole.

Holy smokes that was a train wreck. At the end the commentator says "...this is for 'roughly' 15....." when he is putting. Sounds very similar to something I said just last weekend...a couple times.

That was a train wreck of a hole for Na. The worst I've had so far was in a Golf Channel Am tournament where I took an 11. Didn't know the rules, felt rushes, and wasn't thinking clearly. Sucked for me and sucks for Na although he took it much better than I did.

Your worst ever was an 11? My worst ever I can remember is a 17. First hole of the round at Tiffany Greens. Hit four balls in the lake and otherwise hacked it up the rest of the hole. I didn't finish with an 80.

In the highlights, the best part is when his caddy tells him,"next time I say we go back to the tee box, we go back to the tee box"! And both laugh. At least they can laugh....

I can't. Picked him this week on my fantasy team!

It was nice that we could hear him talking to his caddie and adding up his score and not whining or anything.. Took it very well

I have to give the guy some credit. He took it extremely well.

He did take it well....

Maybe the strangest thing is when he finally got to hit his approach shot from rough, he does the ol' club twirl after his swing like he's going to have a short birdie putt. What's up with that?

Reminds me of that "one hole" I have every round!

It was painful to watch but I figure there are 2 kinds of golfers, those that have made a double digit number on a hole, and those that will make a double digit number.

Poor guy, I really like Kevin Na and this is just horrendous, but that tee driver throw was probably the sickest reaction i've seen to date. That's better than TW.

Yeah that was a pretty skilled release. AK needs to learn from him.

I've bookmarked this video for any bad day I have in the office. Just to remind me I'd rather be out there putting up 16s!

Over 17 holes, he wouldn't be far off the lead at all. Took it well overall.

It was nice that we could hear him talking to his caddie and adding up his score and not whining or anything.. Took it very well

"I don't know what shot are we on"
"There is no way I can count all those shots"
"They got it all on camera, we'll just have to watch after the round"

Thats gotta hurt.
Can you imagine having to watch the video after all of that to try and count your shots? Salt in the wound.

He teaches us all 2 very important lessons. First, the dense trees are bad news, even for the pros. Stay out of the trees. Second, it's just a game, laugh it off, there's always the next shot.

He teaches us all 2 very important lessons. First, the dense trees are bad news, even for the pros. Stay out of the trees. Second, it's just a game, laugh it off, there's always the next shot.

There is always the next 14 shots...

I've never been a fan of kevin na because of his on course temper; but after watching that and watching the post round interview where he discusses it, it's hard not to come away from that without liking the guy. He stood up on that and handled the whole thing like a champ.

i haven't been able to watch a replay of this hole yet. But, I did watch TGC last night and caught the part where they were mic'ed and walking down the fairway, i think on the next hole, trying to recount.

tee shot
whiff
ball hit you, that 3, 4, 5
penalty, 6, 7
Somwhere around 14 maybe???
Something between 10 and 15, but closer to 15.

:laughing:

I've never been a fan of kevin na because of his on course temper; but after watching that and watching the post round interview where he discusses it, it's hard not to come away from that without liking the guy. He stood up on that and handled the whole thing like a champ.

The way he dropped/threw his driver, if Tiger did that they'ld tear him a new one. Double standard I guess. He did handle it well though in his interview.

He's crazy. I would have taken a mulligan off the tee. Used a foot wedge to get out of the woods. And after all that probably taken a "give me" on the putt. Well, I guess he sunk the putt anyways so that last one's a wash.

Wait a second... are you my long lost twin?

"I don't know what shot are we on"
"There is no way I can count all those shots"
"They got it all on camera, we'll just have to watch after the round"

Thats gotta hurt.
Can you imagine having to watch the video after all of that to try and count your shots? Salt in the wound.

I guess I really haven't heard much about Na and his temper before this thread... But I really do think he handled it well, just when he asked for the ball after the 2nd or 3rd penalty from his caddie was the only time he sounded really snippy to me. I guess he was pretty tame because he was mic'd up? I'm surprised GC wanted to mic someone up if they're know to have a temperament though?

Either way, I've had bad holes for sure... last night at league took penalty strokes on each of the first 3 holes! I think the biggest number I've ever written down was a legit 12...

The way he dropped/threw his driver, if Tiger did that they'ld tear him a new one. Double standard I guess. He did handle it well though in his interview.

Depends on who "they" is. I saw on sportscenter they made a little joke about it, and if Tiger did it they'd be all over him; I'd say that goes for some other talking heads as well. Outside of them, I know that Na has a horrible reputation on tour for his temper tantrums, and I know there are a few others as well as myself on this board who don't like Na because of his actions and they don't go unnoticed to us, the same way Tiger's actions don't.

Before yesterday my most lasting memory of Na was seeing him repeatedly slam his 5 iron into the tee box as if he was digging a hole with it. It was disgusting and he does that more often than not, to the point where i was genuinely shocked by how well he handled the whole thing. I thought for sure by stroke 12 i'd see Na do repeat of what I saw Segio do in person on the tee box at hole 6 on friday of the PGA championship last year (where he treated his clubs and bag like a kickboxing opponent).

Bad = he's on my fantasy team
Not so bad = he only one-putted

"Hey Kevin, how did you shoot a 16 on one hole?"
"Easy, the shot for 15 missed right"

Depends on who "they" is. I saw on sportscenter they made a little joke about it, and if Tiger did it they'd be all over him; I'd say that goes for some other talking heads as well. Outside of them, I know that Na has a horrible reputation on tour for his temper tantrums, and I know there are a few others as well as myself on this board who don't like Na because of his actions and they don't go unnoticed to us, the same way Tiger's actions don't.

Before yesterday my most lasting memory of Na was seeing him repeatedly slam his 5 iron into the tee box as if he was digging a hole with it. It was disgusting and he does that more often than not, to the point where i was genuinely shocked by how well he handled the whole thing. I thought for sure by stroke 12 i'd see Na do repeat of what I saw Segio do in person on the tee box at hole 6 on friday of the PGA championship last year (where he treated his clubs and bag like a kickboxing opponent).

Yeah I was over generalizing with the "they" comment. Espn tends to make Tiger seem like the only guy with a bad attitude out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other golfers who lose their temper too.

Yeah I was over generalizing with the "they" comment. Espn tends to make Tiger seem like the only guy with a bad attitude out there. I'm sure there are plenty of other golfers who lose their temper too.

I guess I wasn't really taking umbrage with the usage of they, I just thought that was the best way for me to answer. When you say "they", I thought, that's not true, but in some cases it indeed is

Back