Grip Question/Problem

just got the email saying they are sending me a replacement grip, thanks regripit.com
they said they think its the size of the shaft causing a problem, never had a problem with the RIP in the past with grips

just got the email saying they are sending me a replacement grip, thanks regripit.com
they said they think its the size of the shaft causing a problem, never had a problem with the RIP in the past with grips

Thats cool that they will do that for you. Yeah Im not sure I agree about the shaft size but hopefully you get some better results this time around.

Thats cool that they will do that for you. Yeah Im not sure I agree about the shaft size but hopefully you get some better results this time around.

Ya they said it will be the only time they do it, which is understandable, ive just never heard of anything like this happening. I guess ill go 4 wraps of tape when the new one comes just to be safe.

Ya they said it will be the only time they do it, which is understandable, ive just never heard of anything like this happening. I guess ill go 4 wraps of tape when the new one comes just to be safe.

That is cool that they're willing to do that for you, even if it's the one time only. Do you have to send the other one back? If not, give the air compressor a shot (check out some vids first and wear eye protection).
The shaft size thing makes no sense to me. I looked it up and the butt on that shaft is supposed to be .630, having a hard time finding the Iomic inside diameter but I'd think they are either .580 or .600 so I would think they'd fit more snug not come loose.

I am thinking that the installer didn't tape low enough to get to the bottom of the grip. The only thing I can think of is the bottom couple of inches is riding directly on the shaft, therefore not having anything to adhere to? I'm just surprised that part of the grip is stable, and part not. Very odd.

Good news on the replacement! :)

That is cool that they're willing to do that for you, even if it's the one time only. Do you have to send the other one back? If not, give the air compressor a shot (check out some vids first and wear eye protection).
The shaft size thing makes no sense to me. I looked it up and the butt on that shaft is supposed to be .630, having a hard time finding the Iomic inside diameter but I'd think they are either .580 or .600 so I would think they'd fit more snug not come loose.

The Iomic is .600 and the RIP is .600(per TM website), im not sure about sending the other back, they didnt say anything about it yet so im not gonna try just in case i have to.
Tomahawk, there was actually i little bit of tape sticking out past the grip so it was taped low enough, i know its weird that half of it is stable and the other half is moveable, very weird indeed

Id still wait til it dries and use the new grip for something else.

huh? its been 31 hours and its still not dry, i dont think waiting is gonna cure the problem, its as movable now as it was this morning, its not getting any better. And plus thats kinda sketchy, they are nice enough to send me a replacement im not just live with the bottom half moving on my driver and use the new one on something else

Back