Reaction score
http://visiongolfball.com/index.php

arcticheader.jpg

They look interesting.

cant say that I have

ive heard of them... never seen or played with one yet

What do they do? Anything special?

Nothing that I can tell...

It seems they are marketing a "tour" ball with an ultra-thin cover that is "more durable" than current balls. I am not sure that I buy that though. Everything else seems like a standard distance rock.

I have seen some talk on the Aus golf forums saying that it is a very solid performer- particularly for slower swingers (under 95). Something called a gell cover making it feel soft and spin more, while going long and straight. I know they all say that- but who knows?

I have seen some talk on the Aus golf forums saying that it is a very solid performer- particularly for slower swingers (under 95). Something called a gell cover making it feel soft and spin more, while going long and straight. I know they all say that- but who knows?

They have a way to sign up to do testing for them. $70 (aus) for 18 balls. Something doesn't seem quite right about that...

THP offered to have their ball tested blindly by forum members.
We did not hear back.

They have a way to sign up to do testing for them. $70 (aus) for 18 balls. Something doesn't seem quite right about that...

Whoa, didn't see that. 70 bucks is just a BIT too much.....

We did not hear back.

I asked them if there was anywhere in Bangkok that sells them. If I find some (at less than 70 bucks!) I'll write up a review.

I can get them at a local course here in Southern Indiana for $30 a dozen. They have a Optic Yellow ball. I bought 3 balls (they come individually single boxed). I didn't really care for them off the club. They felt real hard. They were really hot off my putter, took some time to get used to them. The one positive comment I have about them were that in the sun, they seemed to get brighter. I have one or two in my shag bag, Ill throw some pictures of them up tonight when I get home.

We did not hear back.

Their loss IYAM, I have already bought several items I probably would have never bought based on the tester reviews by fellow THPers. As all here I am open minded to anything new that just might help my game.

I've played both the yellow and the pink for awhile now. I quite like them and they seem to work well for me but a lot of people haven't seen the same results with them that I have. The do indeed feel harder then most balls today but calling them a rock is a bit of a diservice IMO.

ST is the first person I've heard of that's played them. All I know is their out of Australia.

Never heard of them, never seen them anywhere either

I've got the package from the "Pilot Project". There are different types of balls but none of them are meant to compete with balls like ProV1, Penta TP or i(s).

X3/X3UV - 3 piece
The Gel / Pinky / Arctic - 2 piece

The UV cover absorps light from the sun and makes the ball brighter. The yellow Vision balls are supposed to be brighter than Srixons and Bridgestones. I have a few yellow Srixons on the way from Blind9. I can take pictures outdoors to compare the color.

They feel different with the putter but I always get that feeling when I switch to a new brand or type.
For $70 he sent me 32 golf balls, two hats, one glove, one towl, tees and two ball markers. That was including shipping to Norway from Australia.

thats a pretty good package for $70 bones

Here is a pic of the UV next to a Yellow B330-RX. I have one more in the box. Shoot me a PM if you would want to try it out and Ill ship it to you.

24816b13df63ff96bb51cf4cdc12d189f09deee7.JPG

Interesting . Will check on reviews. Maybe they will respond to JB in the future

Vision is as far as I know a very small company. They might have realized that a full scale test with THP was too much for them.

Hi Guys, thanks for looking into my Vision designs and as Furu has mentioned yes I do have a program in place that introduces players to my current designs etc,,,,,I have found in Australia and around the world that this has given me a good number of players to draw feedback from that has helped me with my R&D efforts and future designs. Those players also get to actively participate in validating any new designs which I feel might be a better method than Tour validation in the future, especially for products designed with a more Game Improvement approach and regular retail type players in mind.

I am not sure about the trial offer from THP but it may have just slipped through and I am sorry to have missed the chance to find some more US based testers as I have been keen to fine tune my efforts whilst I wait for the right opputunities for me in
the future in many overseas markets.

Cheers, Wayne

Last edited:
The balls in the US at present are part of my 2009/2010 series as per my website but I have been working on an updated range of balls that are moving towards a better overall feel. Just to explain what you may see or as per the image posted by Bogey (thanks for that).

Yes we are also a small family owned company but with a large supportive partner manufactuer that has supported my R&D efforts to date but I have taken this very personnal approach to my current business model having already worked with Titleist/Footjoy/Pinnacle for 24 years up until 2004 and being part of their International Leadership team with my Father.

One thing I have found over the many years I have been involved in ball development has been how a particular ball model performs very differently for the many different swing types we have in our game and that is where the Vision Test Pilot Team trial approach came into existance, as straight out trial and reviews are not really the best guide for other players to understand whether a ball makes sense for their particular game type.

Cheers,
Boz.

Last edited:
Not sure if you meant that you did not see the email or that it was not something that you are interested in doing, but the offer still stands to let THP forum members do a forum testing and put them to the test. Our unbiased consumer testing approach is something we strongly believe in here for both golf balls and equipment. If it is something that you would like done, please contact admin@thehackersparadise.com

You speak of a personal approach business model, and I cannot think of a more personal approach then letting consumers test the product and give unbiased feedback.

The balls in the US at present are part of my 2009/2010 series as per my website but I have been working on an updated range of balls that are moving towards a better overall feel. Just to explain what you may see or as per the image posted by Bogey (thanks for that).

Yes we are also a small family owned company but with a large supportive partner manufactuer that has supported my R&D efforts to date but I have taken this very personnal approach to my current business model having already worked with Titleist/Footjoy/Pinnacle for 24 years up until 2004 and being part of their International Leadership team with my Father.

One thing I have found over the many years I have been involved in ball development has been how a particular ball model performs very differently for the many different swing types we have in our game and that is where the Vision Test Pilot Team trial approach came into existance, as straight out trial and reviews are not really the best guide for other players to understand whether a ball makes sense for their particular game type.

Cheers,
Boz.

Since you edited your post....

Im still not sure how the Test Pilot Program will offer information that an unbiased forum testing will offer. Where you get no two golfers that are alike and handicap levels across the board. Can you explain the difference outside of the fee to be a part of the test program? Really confused here.

I guess you are saying that we should not listen to anybody or read any reviews or trials, but rather drop a few bucks down and try as many as we can? That could work. I think a lot of people like the THP forum testing because they can usually identify with certain golfers in each test group and follow along as they update their findings weekly. We have done them for MANY MANY different pieces of equipment in the world of golf and the results have been honest, hard work and truly eye opening.

Send them over for the forum to review. You have access to some great resources in our forum members.

Back