TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

What is the main difference between the regular rescue and the TP. The shafts are different that much I know. But how does this translate to the golfer?

What is the main difference between the regular rescue and the TP. The shafts are different that much I know. But how does this translate to the golfer?

Heavier shafts have less torque which imparts less sidespin, so by that logic it is more accurate. It also helps promote a smooth tempo encouraging you to accelerate into and through the ball. Personal preference. You really need to get on a launch monitor. That's the only way you're going to figure out what works for you. I can recommend the clubs I use all day, but they might not work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. The only problem is there is no store in Chicago that will properly fit anyone. Its all about sales.

What is the average distance the 3, 4, and 5 hybrids go? For the average golfer.

I consider myself an "average golfer". My driver swing speed is 95-104 mph.

Rescue 11 distances are:

3-Hybrid 225-215 yd
4-Hybrid 215-200 yd
5-Hybrid 185-200 yd

Depending on lie and contact. I have seen a solid 1.5 club increase over my Adams hybrids with the Rescue 11s.

I consider myself an "average golfer". My driver swing speed is 95-104 mph.

Rescue 11 distances are:

3-Hybrid 225-215 yd
4-Hybrid 215-200 yd
5-Hybrid 185-200 yd

Depending on lie and contact. I have seen a solid 1.5 club increase over my Adams hybrids with the Rescue 11s.

"Average" golfer swing speed is around 85 mph, but how far the ball goes also depends on launch angle and other aspects. So while these are the distances you see with that clubhead speed, someone else might generate more clubhead speed and hit it shorter or someone might have less clubhead speed and hit it farther. Also, your hybrid distances shouldn't vary 15 yards. 15 yards is a big variance. I have two Adams A7 hybrids and I haven't seen a 1.5 club increase in distance. My 3H is the loft of most 2Hs too. Every swing is different and while something may work for you it may not work for someone else.

"Average" golfer swing speed is around 85 mph, but how far the ball goes also depends on launch angle and other aspects. So while these are the distances you see with that clubhead speed, someone else might generate more clubhead speed and hit it shorter or someone might have less clubhead speed and hit it farther. Also, your hybrid distances shouldn't vary 15 yards. 15 yards is a big variance. I have two Adams A7 hybrids and I haven't seen a 1.5 club increase in distance. My 3H is the loft of most 2Hs too. Every swing is different and while something may work for you it may not work for someone else.

As much as I understand that my results are not universal, or should be expected from everybody else, those nonetheless are my results. I have seen a big increase over my Adams Idea Pro Gold hybrids as far as distances go. It may be that I worked on my swing over the winter at simulators and took lessons. But I have seen those increases. The Rescue 11s are a much stronger loft than my Adams, that could be where the distance increase is coming from. And who said that a 15 yard gap is too much? Who said that it's too much of a variance? What should I do? I like having a 225 yard 3-hybrid shot in my bag.

As much as I understand that my results are not universal, or should be expected from everybody else, those nonetheless are my results. I have seen a big increase over my Adams Idea Pro Gold hybrids as far as distances go. It may be that I worked on my swing over the winter at simulators and took lessons. But I have seen those increases. The Rescue 11s are a much stronger loft than my Adams, that could be where the distance increase is coming from. And who said that a 15 yard gap is too much? Who said that it's too much of a variance? What should I do? I like having a 225 yard 3-hybrid shot in my bag.

It will help your game out drastically if you have one yardage for each club. Instead of having a soft, medium, and hard swing it will help to use the same swing on every shot and just choke down and use that same swing if you need to take yardage off. Just a suggestion. If you like to make things more complicated and it works for you, go for it.

It will help your game out drastically if you have one yardage for each club. Instead of having a soft, medium, and hard swing it will help to use the same swing on every shot and just choke down and use that same swing if you need to take yardage off. Just a suggestion. If you like to make things more complicated and it works for you, go for it.

How do you know that I don't control my distances by choking down? You're making assumptions and I don't know why.

How do you know that I don't control my distances by choking down? You're making assumptions and I don't know why.

lol hey its the internet everybody makes assumptions, haha just messing with ya.

Why would you list your yardages including the distances when choking down? What I assumed is that when someone gives their yardages they're referring to a normal swing with a normal grip. I'm not going to say I hit my 3H 75-240 yards.

Why would you list your yardages including the distances when choking down? What I assumed is that when someone gives their yardages they're referring to a normal swing with a normal grip. I'm not going to say I hit my 3H 75-240 yards.

Because those yardages are the ranges in which I would use each hybrid. Would it have made you happier if I just listed the maximum distances for each hyrbid?

Because those yardages are the ranges in which I would use each hybrid. Would it have made you happier if I just listed the maximum distances for each hyrbid?

I'm sorry. I forgot you have maximum workability.

I am laughing at you because you are being so ridiculous.

I have no idea where you are coming from with any of this.

I'm sorry. I forgot you have maximum workability.

I think your taking this a little too serious dude. Someone asked for any opinions and he gave them one. Apparently not everyone can live up to your perfect golf game.

So how about the Rescue11, is everybodys still holding up pretty good? Mine is finally showing a little wear on the sole and face but still looks great, ill throw some more pics up after my next round, hopefully sunday or early in the week

So how about the Rescue11, is everybodys still holding up pretty good? Mine is finally showing a little wear on the sole and face but still looks great, ill throw some more pics up after my next round, hopefully sunday or early in the week

Mine's barely got a mark on it actually. Finish is holding up great. I do have a scratch low on the face that wraps under to the sole. Not too sure how that got there, but otherwise it's practically brand new. Very impressed. Then again, mine has only seen the sim and probably will continue to seeing as we got 3 more inches of snow yesterday with more forecast for the weekend. There's a very real possibility that mine won't see real turf until the THP Outing. That makes me VERY sad.

Mine's barely got a mark on it actually. Finish is holding up great. I do have a scratch low on the face that wraps under to the sole. Not too sure how that got there, but otherwise it's practically brand new. Very impressed. Then again, mine has only seen the sim and probably will continue to seeing as we got 3 more inches of snow yesterday with more forecast for the weekend. There's a very real possibility that mine won't see real turf until the THP Outing. That makes me VERY sad.

dang that sucks, at least your getting sim time in, its better than no golf at all. Well here is to hoping a heat wave comes your way and melts that white stuff

dang that sucks, at least your getting sim time in, its better than no golf at all. Well here is to hoping a heat wave comes your way and melts that white stuff

True dat! It's is supposed to get nicer again next week so we'll see. We'll be moving next week too, so unfortunately no golf, but we will be moving to our new house so that has to count for something!

I have only had one round outside with it. I have not noticed any face wear that is out of the ordinary.

Mine has a few marks on the face when you look at it close, like it sparkles almost. But not noticable at address. The white finish on mine is still flawless. However, I put my cover on after each use!

Mine has a few marks on the face when you look at it close, like it sparkles almost. But not noticable at address. The white finish on mine is still flawless. However, I put my cover on after each use!

my cover never comes off unless im hitting it, same with all my clubs when on course.

my cover never comes off unless im hitting it, same with all my clubs when on course.

Mine has numerous silver specs on the face, I have been hitting it a lot. I am kinda sad with the fact that the face scratches like it has. I cannot tell at address. I have no paint chips yet, thats always nice. Not like the other white one's in the bag :(

Still lovin this club, might even go get me a 4h to replace my 4i. They are that awesome

Mine has numerous silver specs on the face, I have been hitting it a lot. I am kinda sad with the fact that the face scratches like it has. I cannot tell at address. I have no paint chips yet, thats always nice. Not like the other white one's in the bag :(

Still lovin this club, might even go get me a 4h to replace my 4i. They are that awesome

I havent had any of my white clubs chip, at all, have had 4ghost putters and the hybrid and driver and the white is so durable, the face doesnt bother me because you cant see it address like you mentioned which is a big plus.

I need to get on the range with this club. I picked it up and took it out on to the course without having hit it and I was hooking it pretty badly. Wasn't doing this with any other club so the jury is still out. I had one real nice shot from about 225 away that I put on the back of the green but that too had a little more draw than I was hoping for. Was my first time ever hitting a hybrid so Im sure I need to work on it a bit.

I need to get on the range with this club. I picked it up and took it out on to the course without having hit it and I was hooking it pretty badly. Wasn't doing this with any other club so the jury is still out. I had one real nice shot from about 225 away that I put on the back of the green but that too had a little more draw than I was hoping for. Was my first time ever hitting a hybrid so Im sure I need to work on it a bit.

great thing is you can adjust it to take the draw out/lessen it, just open the face/lower the loft

Back