Srixon Z-Star Irons

I think I do. I might have to go into emergency OEM mode.

Oh snap!

Dear Z-Star Irons,

Welcome to casa de OEM. I hope you enjoy your stay b/c god knows how long it will actually last.

Also, do enjoy sleeping next to the iPad, you both wreak of awesome forged goodness.

xoxo,

TC

The sole is a bit wider than I'd had imagine. I thought the same thing when I first saw the CB's. I guess it's the whole "forged" iron stigma. These companies are really taking their technology to the next level. Thanks for the pics JB.

You can totally see how much more rounded the 16's leading edge is, imo. I can image you are seeing much better turf interaction down there with the Z Stars?

I do prefer it.

Awesome pictures. Im very surprised by some of what I see. Could these very well be the iPad of irons? They sound almost perfect.

No, they are open ended for workability and forgiveness. Not closed where you get only one or the other.

The sole is a bit wider than I'd had imagine. I thought the same thing when I first saw the CB's. I guess it's the whole "forged" iron stigma. These companies are really taking their technology to the next level. Thanks for the pics JB.

You are welcome.

Im absolutely in love. Had the best iron day of my life out there today with these and they are the complete package for me.

Im absolutely in love. Had the best iron day of my life out there today with these and they are the complete package for me.

Time to replace the CG-16s?

Overall they look very similar to the 16's in size (minus the thinner topline) shape and offset. From the pictures the Z-Stars seem to have a slightly more aggressive leading edge...is this the case?

So want these irons...

God this is killing me

Anyone in S. Cal want to try them - PM me or call the shop -we have the demos in stock. We sold out of the couple sets we ordered, but have more coming.

And CL - just wait!! The Outing's just one month away! You can do it!!

I think if JB and Hawk lose today to the LPGA ladies then JB should have to paintfill these pink instead of gold lol

I think if JB and Hawk lose today to the LPGA ladies then JB should have to paintfill these pink instead of gold lol

Yeah we all cant beat the professionals I guess.

JB is hitting the hell out of these irons. They are seriously long, great ball flight, and sound awesome. Planning on giving them some swings tomorrow.

After 3 rounds of golf this weekend, these are officially in my bag now. They offer everything I want in an iron without any sacrifice at all.

One thing I want to touch on is the almost beveled like leading edge on them. It is different than most of what you see out there and something people should try before they buy. I love the turf interaction I get with these and find that they offer a players iron type of "approach" to contact without losing any forgiveness that I have come to love in GI irons.

I am getting the same distances I was getting out of the Cleveland CG16s, with a slightly higher ball flight due to the Nippons over the Monacos I had in the CG16s. I do find the ball flight slightly lower than that of the stock shafted CG16s though.

And the feel....Well its buttery soft of course. Forged by the same man that produces Apple products, so you know its good.

I think we all knew this moment was coming lol, sounds like your really hitting them great

After 3 rounds of golf this weekend, these are officially in my bag now. They offer everything I want in an iron without any sacrifice at all.

One thing I want to touch on is the almost beveled like leading edge on them. It is different than most of what you see out there and something people should try before they buy. I love the turf interaction I get with these and find that they offer a players iron type of "approach" to contact without losing any forgiveness that I have come to love in GI irons.

I am getting the same distances I was getting out of the Cleveland CG16s, with a slightly higher ball flight due to the Nippons over the Monacos I had in the CG16s. I do find the ball flight slightly lower than that of the stock shafted CG16s though.

And the feel....Well its buttery soft of course. Forged by the same man that produces Apple products, so you know its good.

I have goose bumps.... I NEED to hit these and see if they work for me.

The nippons seem like such an interesting choice for this club. I can't wait to check these out sometime in the future. I wasn't a great fan of the CG16's, but I love the CBs (Obv.). So this club really peaks my curiosity.

The nippons seem like such an interesting choice for this club.

Can you elaborate a little on that? Do you think it was?

I knew it would take a very special iron to knock the CG16s out of the bag and I had a feeling that these would be that iron. I'm glad you're loving them so much!

Oh snap! The CG16's have been 86'd from JB's bag.....never thought that would happen so soon so these must be some serious sticks!

Congrats JB!!! It is always nice to see when someone finds clubs that they both enjoy hitting and makes their game better. Best of luck with the new irons!!!

Congrats on the irons making a permanent spot in your bag JB. I know you don't change stuff often and I also know that for you to do so, something has to be working well. I like the areas where the irons shine and they sound like they offer everything important to your golf game. Congrats.

congrats JB...bring on the serious workability

Back